Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Kriptini are you on Gilg?

Since your tranny wife-husband divorced you want to marry me? I've been wanting to get married for the wedding clothes and chocobo, but don't want to get attached to a random scrub. I think I could look past your weeabo background and learn to accept you over time.
Are you a Lalagirl? I'm not marrying no dirty cloudbreather!

Krip takes pictures of the wedding night (sex tape). You've been warned.
I can neither confirm nor deny this allegation.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
zomg Im a lalagirl! What do I get for being married? Special mount?(no pun intended)
You get a costume and a weding ring that lets you teleport to your spouse whenever you want in the free package. There are $10 and $20 packages that include bonus items. (The $20 package comes with a 2-seater white chocobo.)

You also get priority ERP scheduling with me, which is a very hot commodity. (Pun intended.)

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait, a 2 seater mount? lol....so like you click on it or something and hop on the back Harley Davidson style?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
if I transfer over to get married is there a guild i can join which can help run me through a few of the more challeneging(for pugs with shit gear) duties?
wink.png

Stave

Potato del Grande
So just returning from 3.0. Didn't get much into the alexander raid, did the first half. I'm not into any premade raid stuff. What should I be doing?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok.....so what's the deal with some of the "extreme" or more challenging duties. In my case, specifically Uths Fount(sp?)

So I got the duty to do this at some point at level 50 with no ironworks gear. Obviously didn't know mechanics and was way undergeared(what ilevel is this tuned for anyway?) and got curb stomped. FFXIV almost does new players a disservice because up to a certain point everything is just steamrolled or burned. You don't need to learn any mechanics. It's just avoid and burn. This was my first duty where that didn't work.

I play as scholar:

Anyway after being completely curb stomped in this duty and upgrading my computer(BTW, HUGE difference in avoiding shit. I literally have almost 1-2 more seconds to get out of crap. I could NEVER avoid shit before in the bigger raids because by the time I saw the circle or graphic I was almost being hit. Yet the game didn't appear to lag, it just delay) I am now making better progress. Since avoiding shit is so much easier and I've tried this fucking thing at least 50 times I've learned the mechanics. I can pre-dodge, I know when to shield or debuff during certain moves etc. Basically I know the fight and do so much better at my job during it and can keep even shitty people alive, also gear helps. Now with more regularity I can hit the final phase where he goes into the insta-death cast but I am never, repeat never, in a group that can kill him. Simply not enough DPS. I imagine it's a mix of players in the raid like I was when I first started, under-geared and not experienced with the fight, or just generally shitty players. I finally gave up on queuing for it.

So what is this supposed to be tuned for? How the fuck do you beat this thing? Are there any guilds recruiting, I'll switch to whatever server. I have a feeling I will want to do more of this type of content now that I've milked everything else in the game.

Side note: I background leveled a WHM and holy fuck what a difference in healing. I still main the scholar which is generally easier in the 5 man dungeons but the WHM just outheals the scholar by a fucking ton in the raids, and due to all the traits or whatever seems to have WAY less mana problems. I can pretty much single heal any of the tougher content I've done with a WHM. Such a different feel.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
That's the odin trial right? It was tuned to be endgame at some point, is now obsolete content, but doesn't have the scaling buff on wipes that most obsolete content has. That means most good players have no reason to queue up for it, so all that's left is new players or people sightseeing. If you want to reliably beat something like that, you need to go in with a premade.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the odin trial right? It was tuned to be endgame at some point, is now obsolete content, but doesn't have the scaling buff on wipes that most obsolete content has. That means most good players have no reason to queue up for it, so all that's left is new players or people sightseeing. If you want to reliably beat something like that, you need to go in with a premade.
Yea, the Odin trial, and that's what I thought. Everytime it's newcomers. As a healer, at first when I didn't understand it all I probably caused or at least could have prevented a few wipes. Now with better gear and a perfect understanding of the fight I can keep everyone alive, even shitty players but the DPS just can't get him down. And as you said, there is no ecco(echo?) buff so it doesn't get any easier. Problem is I'm not in a guild and have no idea how to get a pre-made for that lol. Suppose I could just start shouting in general
smile.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
There an item to buy on the MB thats good for server transfer resell? .... 1 million max is fucking retarded so i need to buy 6m worth of shit.