Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Am I retarded or, well yea I am but I cant get the benchmark to run in fullscreen, so it only uses 1 of my 580s =\ But yea, got in the 7000s anyway. For comparison, the awesome looking valley benchmark athttp://unigine.com/products/valley/
pegs both my cards at 100%. It's just another free benchmark, I'm not a shill :p
It won't run in fullscreen, just windowed mode. They are trying to do so many good things with their revamp, but missing some of the little things. Hopefully they don't muff this up too bad, really enjoyed XI for a few years.

nuday

Golden Squire
I ran the benchmark and got 14,196, so I think I'll at least try this whenever I can get into a beta or it releases. Sort of miss playing an MMO.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Am I retarded or, well yea I am but I cant get the benchmark to run in fullscreen, so it only uses 1 of my 580s =\ But yea, got in the 7000s anyway. For comparison, the awesome looking valley benchmark athttp://unigine.com/products/valley/
pegs both my cards at 100%. It's just another free benchmark, I'm not a shill :p
Even if it ran in full-screen I don't think the game supports SLI yet. It's also heavily CPU-bound.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Tried running it as admin? I'm on Windows 8 and it ran fine.
Yeah, Admin returned the same error. I'm multi-monitor and running in "test mode" because I'm also 2560x1440 @ 120 Hz which requires patching the graphics driver. This weekend I may update the Nvidia driver so everything will be back at default prior to overclocking the monitor again. Will try and see if that fixes it.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Running a 3 monitor setup in Windows 8, with a Nvidia 680GTX with no issues here. 1920X1080 Medium 16408 and 1020X1080 High 9018 also.

elidrin_sl

shitlord
I have an i7-2600k @ 4.4ghz with 16gigs of ram and a x2 580s in sli and my best score so far was 6400ish at 1920x1200 on maximum. Obviously sli doesn't work yet so I expect that number to go up quite a bit, but even then the game runs fine in the benchmark and alpha was no different.

Anyways, interview with game director Naoki Yoshida. Those of you that haven't really been following the progress of the updates in 1.0 and now in 2.0 might be interested in seeing what the philosophy behind development is now.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
Despite knowing better I find myself getting excited for this game. But I was excited for the original FFXIV as well and look how that turned out. I'm really hoping to get into the beta for ARR but no invite yet. From what I understand, only long term subscribers are getting in the beta that is happening this month? Is that correct?

elidrin_sl

shitlord
Despite knowing better I find myself getting excited for this game. But I was excited for the original FFXIV as well and look how that turned out. I'm really hoping to get into the beta for ARR but no invite yet. From what I understand, only long term subscribers are getting in the beta that is happening this month? Is that correct?
As far as I know it's been mostly Legacy players and a few days ago I believe former Alpha testers were invited as well. I'm not sure if anyone else has been invited yet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As far as I know it's been mostly Legacy players and a few days ago I believe former Alpha testers were invited as well. I'm not sure if anyone else has been invited yet.
Friend of mine was invited and he didn't buy the game at release, not even sure he was in the original beta before it launched because I think I told him not to bother. So they are inviting some random people, but probably not many. It's fine for me since we often share stuff so I'll get to play anyway, didn't get invited myself but then again I checked my mail and I have a mail telling me to register for the beta from like 2weeks ago, and I didn't so that probably didn't help ^^.