Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
i5-2500K/16GB/GTX670 Maximum resolution/settings : 7384

tried the first release and couldnt get into it... im not sure if i will try again. at least the graphics look really good.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I wonder if Square will cave in and drop the sub model on this like everyone else in the MMO industry is doing. I sure hope it does.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
For those of you in the beta. Did you have to install the original FFXIV and then patch it or was it a complete download/install.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know I did the original alpha, but I don't expect any kind of invite as I wasn't very "nice" in regards to feedback I gave them during that alpha
smile.png
I think the only positive thing I could say was it was a gorgeous game.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
No you download the patcher from the link in the email and download from there. The original disk is a coaster. Totally different info now...

Valos

WoW's not dropping it anytime soon, but I would be surprised if their next MMO launches with one.
Because of their huge focus on consoles. I am assuming they will not drop the model anytime soon, if ever. The scrap it and redo is mainly to relaunch on the PS3 to better reviews. If this was solely a PC MMO, then I could easily seem them dropping it to a F2P or P2P model. As they have a few other games out there I believe that are PC only and setup like this *Wakfu and others that escape me*. They know the market for console MMOs is practically non existent, so there most likely is better money to be made from a subscription fee.

Plus it worked for FF11 ! Right?!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Say what you want about console games but EQOA was the shit. It could have been better with more ram and textures but it was fun as hell. Controller>WASD any day of the week for movement. I'm excited to see if they make an EQOA2 on the PS4 or of they just make EQ next dual platform. You guys are seriously underestimating how many people would play a game like that. Oh and well SOE would need to learn to advertise their shit too!

Loki_sl

shitlord
I wonder if Square will cave in and drop the sub model on this like everyone else in the MMO industry is doing. I sure hope it does.
They've already stated multiple times that the game won't be f2p. If paying the $15 per month is really such a gigantic issue for you, just don't buy the game.
I love playing golf, but I don't want to pay for a membership at a nice golf course. So, rather than sit in the parking lot and rail at the clubhouse that there should be no membership fees and that I should be able to pay per round just like at a public course, I just go play at a fucking public course.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
WASD? FFXI was numpad hell to control everything. Took forever to get used to.

Sidenote : if anyone got an invite and doesn't necessarily want it...I'll gladly mooch it off you.

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
WASD? FFXI was numpad hell to control everything. Took forever to get used to.

Sidenote : if anyone got an invite and doesn't necessarily want it...I'll gladly mooch it off you.
I know. What was it, + or may enter on the numpad to pull up the context menu, the the left/right/up/down arrows? I lived under powerlines back then, what can I say?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was it really numpad? Fuck it's been so long I have no idea how I was playing FFXI, other than the menus were clunky as fuck and the pace was like one action every 6secs. Still was fun, I remember chain pulling in some green gooey cocoon place as a Thief, I'd leave half way into the fight to go pull the next mob cause there were like 20 other groups in the area also pulling and we wanted to keep the xp bonus rolling. Also remember playing a Red Mage and having to keep the mana regen buff shit rolling on everyone or whatever. It was repetitive as fuck but somehow fun. I don't think I've grinded as much as I did in FFXI, nor enjoyed it as much as I did back then, not sure why, especially since it was my first PvE mmo so it was a complete change from UO and AC.

ixian_sl

shitlord
You were a beast then. My left hand was too god damn busy spaming the Alt+ / Ctrl + skills and macros non stop (non stop being a relative term in FFXI).
Nah, I played using a controller because the keyboard controls were janky as hell. I just wanted to clarify that the movement controls weren't strictly numpad only.
smile.png

Mazim

FFXI's controls were perfect. Change that shit to a compact keyboard and throw away your mouse. They were hard to get used, but once you did they worked flawlessly for that game.