Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
FFXI's controls were perfect. Change that shit to a compact keyboard and throw away your mouse. They were hard to get used, but once you did they worked flawlessly for that game.
This is the kind of dumb thinking that resulted in the first FFXIV

Deisun_sl

shitlord
FFXI controls were anything but perfect dude. No offense but out of all the MMOs I've played that one had the WORST controls. Everything else about it was somewhat decent.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Summoner's gonna be in at launch!

Good interview with Yoshida. Glad this guy realizes how many people post dumb shit on the official forums.

Draegan, when are you going to start FF14 Junkies? :b
Think Draegan was waiting for someone to help run things. I wish I had the time because I would love to help and i'm afraid there are still a lot of unknowns about the game.

ixian_sl

shitlord
I'd actually love to write for a site again if he wants to do something, that's why I asked.
biggrin.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'd actually love to write for a site again if he wants to do something, that's why I asked.
biggrin.png
I use to contribute to sites (had an article or two make it to Curse) but if I continue to getting good vibes I wouldn't mind supplementing some articles and help keeps things up to date if assistance is needed.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was thinking of doing it myself on the junkies network, but was waiting to try the game out myself. Since "legacy" is classified as such, I didnt get a early beta invite. Was hoping just purchasing the game period would qualify, but no. I didnt want to commit to anything until I knew if I liked the game myself.

Cthalupa_sl

shitlord
This is the kind of dumb thinking that resulted in the first FFXIV
Except FFXIV wasn't anything like FFXI, at any period of time. It would have been a much better game if it had been, though.

I'll put myself in the 'Liked FFXI's controls' camp. I didn't use compact - both hands on the keyboard at all times, numpad for movement, left hand for macros.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I started out playing FFXI with a controller and it worked for me. The slower pace of combat though is what allowed it to work. Having to go through the menus and shit of FFXI now with one of the more 'fast paced' combat MMOs would be horrible.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So Beta started this morning.... Cannot wait to see what the overall impression is at the end of the test. Did they state if it would be one week or two?

Oberstein

Molten Core Raider
Login restriction has been emplaced on all Worlds as a result of the maximum logins allowed being exceeded.

We are currently monitoring login counts and periodically emplacing or lifting login restrictions accordingly.

Was planning to take the day off, but if I cant get in within the next 30 mins I guess its off to work.

Deisun_sl

shitlord
Definitely want to hear your impressions as this seems like my only hope in the near future.

Please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Since I did not make it into beta I cannot lend very much assistance to a friend that made it in. He said he does not see a Beta board or does he see a place to download the client. Anyone else have this issue?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Except FFXIV wasn't anything like FFXI, at any period of time. It would have been a much better game if it had been, though.

I'll put myself in the 'Liked FFXI's controls' camp. I didn't use compact - both hands on the keyboard at all times, numpad for movement, left hand for macros.
But it was exactly the sort of thinking and culture that SE had that resulted in that abortion of a game. FFXIs control scheme wasn't good. It kinda worked after you jumped through some hoops and got used to it. But it never worked as well was the controls of its contemporaries. If it had WoW controls it would have played better. Flat out Truth (with a capital fucking T).

That sort of corporate culture where you think you can do everything better and don't take notice of what your competition is doing better than you and the attitude of a company that says 'well our players will just have to deal cause we aren't changing' is what results in a debacle like FFXIV, which is what I meant.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Since I did not make it into beta I cannot lend very much assistance to a friend that made it in. He said he does not see a Beta board or does he see a place to download the client. Anyone else have this issue?
Email he received telling him he's in has a link to "link accounts" and then a link to the beta board.