Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess the argument is that everything old that used to award eso will now award lore which will be uncapped. So you will have an influx of people doing lower roulettes for alt gear or even casuals doing their main gear.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Why would more people be running older content btw, is there a new feature for it in 3.4?

I'm probably waiting for 3.5 though, that's the last catch up patch before next expansion, will be easier to gear and clear all 3.4 content(other than savage but I can just watch a video of that, it's not like final coil where I felt I had to play it, and it was worth the few months of having to do static shit). Should be around next year or so. Will get me hyped up for the expansion too probably.

Theoretically speaking, if there are more people playing the game, there will be more people running old content, even if there aren't any new incentives to do it. There will just be more people running roulettes or trying to do their anima weapon.

Malakriss

The capacity for aquariums does not impress, can't blame that on PS3 limitations. A single big fish and nothing else for max? Only 6k Apartments for high pop servers and people with houses can still buy them? Wonderous Tails also turned out to be a weekly for roulettes/dungeons with a bingo board mixed.

Seems like the most important parts of the patch are going to be everything they didn't give details about on the stream.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
That trailer is really cool but it just doesn't bring enough content in this next patch.
But you yourself said that your ERP isn't generated by anyone other than you, so I'm confused now.

Malakriss Malakriss : They did say that they can raise the limits per ward for apartments if need be, so there's that. I was confused by aquarium limitations too. The unofficial translation wasn't clear on that particular point during that demo, as to why one could only have certain fish. I'm going to blame PS3 limitations myself~

Malakriss

No announcements but the expectation is that they will dump it next expansion and the minimum specs will shift up to PS4. Which from a feature standpoint would be less limiting but from a graphics perspective zero difference.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The best time to ditch the PS3 would be once the PS4 Neo and Slim go on sale. I'm sure Sony would love that, too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think he means available, cause that's reduce the cost of the original PS4 too, as well as be a normal step since a new version is out to drop the older one. That said, FFXI ran on PS2 for the entire time, so I don't know. It's possible they'd find a way to split the clients somehow, have a PS4 client and a PS3 client, so they wouldn't need to make sure everything works the same on the PS3. Or they could drop it, depending on their sub numbers, I'm sure they have all these just fine. In the west PS3 gamers probabl don't represent shit for numbers(out of the 100 something ppl in my FC back when I played only 2 had the PS3 version still and both were planning to get a PS4 within the year), but it's hard to say for the japanese gamers with the slower rate of acquisition of the PS4 and the lower amount of PC gamers in general(or people having PC that can run the game).

Guess we'll hear news about the expansion soonish anyway. Fanfest is in october in the US which might be the initial reveal, then Japan in december with probably playable stuff and what not, and Europe in february later on for final info dump.

Also they apparently trademarked StormBlood just recently. Could be unrelated, but the name would be fitting for an expansion probably.

Malakriss

Reddit already speculating the name refers to Mhigan royalty which Yda secretly happens to be and explains the insistence upon a mask.

Malakriss

Shows PotD gear at 58/62, T13 as a wonderous tails objective, tails rewards include 60 scripture or 2 Mhachi matter as well as 2 new minions: Thancred and a pig. Screenshots of the gear sets are floating around now too.

Malakriss

Patch 3.4 Notes (Preliminary) | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

- New items can now be purchased from the Amalj'aa, Ixali, and Vanu Vanu beast tribe vendors.
- The following additions and adjustments have been made to the Aquapolis:
* Rewards have been added and adjusted.
* The cutscene shown when doors unlock has been adjusted.
- Players can now be promoted to first lieutenant in their respective Grand Companies.
- Once promoted, the company seals cap will be increased from 50,000 to 80,000 company seals.
- New Triple Triad cards have been added. (Five including new 4* Y'shtola and Thancred)
- New NPC opponents for Triple Triad have been added.
- Players may now purchase up to three Jumbo Cactpot tickets per week (Earth time).
- A summoning bell has been placed next to the Gold Saucer aetheryte and the Race Counter at the Chocobo Square.
- New prizes are available for purchase using MGP.
- Wondrous Tails has been added.
- New aesthetician hairstyles have been added. (Four)
- New emotes have been added. (Two)
- Action recast timers will be reset in the event all party members are incapacitated during a trial or raid.
- The number and type of Allagan tomestones awarded for defeating elite marks has been adjusted.
- The following items can now be crafted without a specialization: (3*)
- The following items can no longer be sold: (Starlight Barding)
- Players can now specify the number of items to be exchanged at certain NPC shops.
- The following items can now be purchased in exchange for Allagan tomestones of lore. Furthermore, the number of tomestones required has been reduced. (Eso mats now lore at 50% cost)
- The number of Clan mark logs required to exchange for the following items has been reduced: (Only 1 required for 240 upgrade items)
- The following items can now be purchased in exchanged for Centurio Seals:
* Esoterics Gear (Item Level 200)
* Illuminati Gobdip
* Illuminati Gobtwine
* Illuminati Gobcoat
- The number of Centurio Seals required in exchange for the following items has been reduced: (50%)
- The number of Centurio Seals required in exchange for item level 170 gear has been reduced. (50%)
- New items are available from the scrip exchange NPC in Idyllshire (X:5.7 Y:7.0).
- The level cap for desynthesis has been increased. (250)
- The following items can now be sold, desynthesized, or submitted for expert delivery missions. (up through i245)
- New gathering locations have been added.
- New items have been added to gathering points.
- New big fish have been added to Ishgard areas.
- The following bonuses granted by the fisher actions Patience and Patience II will remain in effect until the current cast is finished, even if their timers have expired:
- The materia melding window will now display the maximum parameters for an item in addition to the resulting parameters for the selected materia.
- New rare items can now be obtained from quick exploration ventures.
- Hyphens can now be used in character and retainer names.

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
Do they still have a global cooldown of like three fucking seconds and such primitive skills and character build mechanics that it frankly belongs in the DAoC era? When I tried this game at launch, I couldn't get over how much it felt like playing a decade old MMO.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Most classes have a GCD just under 2.5 seconds at level cap, some classes have GCDs much closer to 2s. When you weave OGCDs in between your GCDs, combat feels much faster.

You're going to have to give a better definition of "primitive skills."

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So my login and password works, but my hardware token doesn't (it says its the wrong one time password when its clearly not). Uh oh. Gonna call em monday and find out what's up. Not that I want to play again, but I realized I still pay for this thing so might as well say hi to a few friends.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
There's been a lot of reports of hardware tokens being busted lately. Good luck. SE support is notoriously unhelpful.