Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
FFXIV had crazy interdependent crafting as well. And by crazy I mean "to craft a lvl 10 item in tradeskill X requires lvl 30 components from tradeskill Y". Super frustrating by itself. Then combine it with the worst market / AH system I have ever seen so that you cannot easily buy components from other players...

I am super encouraged by ARR though. Haven't tried crafting yet though. I'll probably start this weekend.

kahilm_sl

shitlord
FFXIV had crazy interdependent crafting as well. And by crazy I mean "to craft a lvl 10 item in tradeskill X requires lvl 30 components from tradeskill Y". Super frustrating by itself. Then combine it with the worst market / AH system I have ever seen so that you cannot easily buy components from other players...

I am super encouraged by ARR though. Haven't tried crafting yet though. I'll probably start this weekend.
And you would need to spend millions of gil and tons of hours of playtime to get a craft up to a point where it MIGHT be profitable. I leveled cooking to make sushi since I was a fisher (another huge time sink, especially to get Lu Shang's rod... 10,000 fucking moat carp) and it took for-fucking-ever to get profitable... profitable ONLY on +1 or +2 synths.

But I liked the challenge. I prefer that only really dedicated people can get their crafts up to the higher levels, and even then, maybe not to max unless you spend a ridiculous amount of time/money. Not every player needs to be a master of every single craft - it ruins the crafting economy.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the crafting is mind-numbingly tedious. What I'd like to see is 'basic' crafting which allows you to skill up and level to make things that you may need like food, arrows, lumber or other basic things but if you want to make 'unique' things, you'd need to have special mats or special recipes (advanced crafting). That way you can still craft as part of the game and part of your characters needs but not have to craft the best gear in the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Word on the street is that phase 2 is over after this weekend.
Yeah but even with phase 2 ending, that doesn't really say when phase 3 is starting. Phase 2 was going to be short regardless since it was same content and mostly focusing testing on server stability and controller support.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah but even with phase 2 ending, that doesn't really say when phase 3 is starting. Phase 2 was going to be short regardless since it was same content and mostly focusing testing on server stability and controller support.
That posted thing showed a small gap of a couple weeks, didn't it?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That posted thing showed a small gap of a couple weeks, didn't it?
Yeah but who knows maybe they need more time, can't really tell based on the beta plans from half a year ago. 2-3weeks should be expected but I wouldn't be that surprised if it took 5-6 instead for example.

Stave

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_22378.png

rrr_img_22378.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah it's sad. I think FFXI was a success not because they were geniuses but actually because they were so oblivious that they actually made such an engaging game.

Thanks a lot Enix for ruining a great company!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Meh. I don't think it's Enix's fault. It's a product of the times. None of the great game studios of old have skated by without some shitty product to drag them down.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My advice would be to roll wherever your friends roll.. FOH groups tend to fizzle out after the honeymoon period and then you're left alone

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So beta so far has been limited in content right? Can anyone playing or perhaps with more knowledge than me give some kind of insight into the end game without being too NDA breaking?

I hear a ton of positivity about the rerelease. I don't ever hear much about what happens at max level in the game. Is this actually going to keep people occupied for years like 11 did? If that's true I don't want to miss out, but if it isn't I'm just going to wait for Wildstar.

I understand that maybe its a question that just can't be answered yet.