Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Myself, Sean, Kaosu and a Japanese random absolutely /killed/ the final instance today. We refined our speed run down to 8 minutes, with about 15 bits of loot. We're all decked as fuck now.

Noahx

N00b
Cautiously optimistic. Hopefully we get decent reviews from fellow Rerollers... better yet, maybe they will start handing out beta invites/keys for people to share.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Just an FYI, I used the info provided by Fazana on the previous page to get a beta key from the buffed German site. I had to register my accounthereas a United Kingdom account for it to accept the beta key. Currently downloading the beta client, thanks.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
I got the installer downloaded but when I launch the patcher it gives me some odd error ive never encountered before and I do game tech support for a living currently even.

Error is: file access failed durring update [11020] [30206]

Guess ill trouble shoot it tomorrow when I have time.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When i had that problem, I just had to run the program in administrator mode, and click-off the little "security check" warning it displayed.

I think Squeenix might be stealin mah megahertz.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Just an FYI, I used the info provided by Fazana on the previous page to get a beta key from the buffed German site. I had to register my accounthereas a United Kingdom account for it to accept the beta key. Currently downloading the beta client, thanks.
Where do you download the client / installer?

I did the UK key from the German site and it worked. The attached pic is what I see.

rrr_img_22675.jpg

rrr_img_22675.jpg

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Joke's on you, the client link is on the forums. I spent 30 mins on that page before resorting to google.

edit :http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...ffxivsetup.exe
Cool. My square-enix official page doesn't have the key registered, only the site that I posted in the pic above. Will that get me in? Do I need another code to publish to my S-E official account, or is that the official account structure for German / UK?

Noahx

N00b
I must be retarded - when to buff'd and set up an account and clicked what I thought the beta key reg was. Got a few emails but nothing relating to a beta key.

Myst

Peasant
This job/class system is quite confusing. I started a conjurer, and at level 10 i was only given the choice to become a Gladiator? Is this due to the beta restrictions? And can we pick up and level all the classes on one character and keep swapping back and forth?

And the last question: Now i am a lvl 10gladiator/conjurer. I spoke to the lancer guild and picked that class as well; now i am a lvl1 lancer. Why did i not start at lvl10 like the gladiator?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can read the instruction manual in the beta forums it has all the info you are asking about. Look for the instruction manual and there is a post about the "Phase 2 Content" that explains more about what is/isn't in yet.

Burr

Molten Core Raider
This job/class system is quite confusing. I started a conjurer, and at level 10 i was only given the choice to become a Gladiator? Is this due to the beta restrictions? And can we pick up and level all the classes on one character and keep swapping back and forth?

And the last question: Now i am a lvl 10gladiator/conjurer. I spoke to the lancer guild and picked that class as well; now i am a lvl1 lancer. Why did i not start at lvl10 like the gladiator?
1) The lack of choices for jobs is due to beta restrictions. The Gladiator guild is in another city that is not in the beta at the moment; therefore, the current setup is the only way to obtain the class as of now. Gladiator starts off at 10 because there are no guild quests to help you along to 10. If you want to play another class ( archer, lancer, conjurer ), just talk to the respective guilds. Yes you can pick up all the classes on one character, level them up and swap back and forth.

Myst

Peasant
1) The lack of choices for jobs is due to beta restrictions. The Gladiator guild is in another city that is not in the beta at the moment; therefore, the current setup is the only way to obtain the class as of now. Gladiator starts off at 10 because there are no guild quests to help you along to 10. If you want to play another class ( archer, lancer, conjurer ), just talk to the respective guilds. Yes you can pick up all the classes on one character, level them up and swap back and forth.
Why i am able to keep my cure/protect from my conjurer when playing the Gladiator? Will any class i swap to allow me to retain two spells of any other class?