Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why i am able to keep my cure/protect from my conjurer when playing the Gladiator? Will any class i swap to allow me to retain two spells of any other class?
Each skill says which class can use it in the tooltip, top right corner iirc. Some skills can be used by other similar disciplines(so war by other disc of wars and casters by casters), others can be used by any class and some can't be used by any other class. You have a certain amount of cross class slots you can setup, I believe it's 5 total? Not sure but anyway yeah you can always use your conjurer heal/protect and maybe raise too with other classes, as long as your CNJ is leveled up enough. However for example you can't use Stone or Aero with any other class(well maybe Thaumaturge/Arcanist forgot).

Only exception will be when they add jobs, which restrict the classes you can use skills to only 2. I explained a bit of that last page about jobs vs disciplines discussion, for example bard can only use archer and conjurer skills.

Burr

Molten Core Raider
Why i am able to keep my cure/protect from my conjurer when playing the Gladiator? Will any class i swap to allow me to retain two spells of any other class?
Pyros beat me to it.
tongue.png

tongue.png

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I ran out of quests at level 14 and I'm unsure of what to do now. Is there somewhere I'm not seeing i should head to?
That happens when you don't read the scope of beta test page and miss the level skip from 10-15
smile.png

All the 15-17 quests are in other cities, so you'll have nothing to do but grind instances/fates/hunter log until level 18

smile.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That happens when you don't read the scope of beta test page and miss the level skip from 10-15
smile.png

All the 15-17 quests are in other cities, so you'll have nothing to do but grind instances/fates/hunter log until level 18
You mean this is what happens when a company doesn't publish information very well

smile.png

Loki_sl

shitlord
Translated interview of Day 2 FFXIV Events at Niconico Choukaigi 2.

- Yoshi-P's birthday is May 1st
- When does Phase 3 start? > That's still a secret
- Will players be able to use guns? > We're considering it
- Will we be able to listen to the works of Naoshi Mizuta? (FFXI composer, wiki link) > Perhaps 2 or 3 at launch
- Can we have huge shields? > It won't be at launch but we're planning on implementing them post-launch
- Yoshi-P is younger than Yousuke Saitou (Producer of DQ10, JP wiki link)
- Weather Reports? > Difficult to implement by launch
- Will we get to see/meet the new SE President in the new Live Letter? > Probably sometime after the next one
- Will content/dungeons have TA? > Probably in the form of Free Company/Lodestone Rankings
- Minfilia (wiki) will reappear, complete with a new sexy original costume, will be an important character
- Are Primal Songs different? > It'll still have the same 'image' as the old ones, the new Primals will of course have new songs
- If we equip Materias to weapons will we be able to increase its item level? (Stan's notes: I'm assuming the question here is asking if it can be comparable to stuff attainable in dungeons) > No. Materia is intended to fill in the blanks in-between levels/content
- Monks can keep on chaining combos to increase DPS. However, constant chaining will come with its sets of risks
- We're thinking of basing the names of the servers on FF monsters. Probably not enough if we base them on items
- We will be adding different buddies/companions other than Chocobos eventually. Magitek Armor will be one of them
- Datacenters/servers will not be separated by language, but by region
- New BGM (can listen here in niconico, about 20:13 in). Tentative Title: Decisive Battle
- We will be redistributing the special heat-resistant swimsuits again. We're considering redistributing the reindeer costume too
- Do you respect Yoshi-P as a superior? > Morbol: Yes, I do
- There will be no PK
- We'll be implementing Level Sync in Phase 3. No need to change gears for it too, as stats will auto-adjust accordingly. But will be weaker compared to the optimal gears at the correct level
- Fat Chocobo will be implemented in a future patch
- Whatever happened to Battle Regimen? > It became the Limit Break system
- Any plans for an official Guidebook? > We will release a Starter Book
- Any other references to older Final Fantasies you have planned? > Some through songs, others in stuff we've already mentioned
- Collector's Edition people will receive in-game items such as the FF1 armor (below). Can receive even if you bought the 1.0 Collector's Edition. Will be others too
Spoiler: Show

- Will there be 'talking' Bosses, like Nael? > Yes
- Will we get to change the walls/floors in housing? > Can change various things indoors
- How well does the touch panel feature of Win8 work with ARR? > Can perform just as well as I've shown in the last Live Letter
- When will we get to use the apps for Smartphones? > Beta Test Phase 4 or at launch
- How's Hiroshi Minagawa doing? (person in charge of ARR UI, wiki link) > Great! He completely revamped the UI for Phase 3. The stuff you see now will no longer be there
- Yoshi-P respects Minagawa so much he's one of the reasons Yoshi-P joined the industry

- So when does Phase 3 start already? > Let's hope Hiroyuki (co-founder of Niconico, will later interview Yoshi-P) can pry the answers off me
- Plans on the Hair Salon? > In a patch after launch. Can change hairstyles and hair color
- When will we get to see our next walkthough videos? > Late next month. Probably will release them at the same time we release our new PV
- What games do you play lately? > ARR of course!
- Any meaning to the birth dates you set during character creation? > We'll probably do something with it later
- Other than FF, what other (Japanese) games do you like? > Dragon Quest
- Also a core player of Monster Hunter. Probably put in 4-digit hours into playing it
- Which FF character is your favorite? > Cloud. Like the emo-aspect
- Will we get to see an opening movie like FF11? > Yes. Can watch in Beta Phase 3. It's also the only voice acting you'll see (for now)
- There will be two basic retainers. Can share them between characters in the same server (Stan's notes: I'm assuming here it means that you can share them between characters in the same server and also under the same account)
- Can we apply specific requests to the content finder? > Not in the beginning
- Undecided if we'll implement/release Cutter's Cry in Beta Phase 4
- Will wipe Characters in Beta Phase 3
- Don't really like Kyabetsu Tarou... (a type of snack in Japan, picture link)
- Will you implement gear like the Zodiac Subligars in FF11? > Since Subligars are popular, we'll consider it
- Will we be able to read up on detailed lore and such as requested in the forums? > We definitely want to implement something like that

- Yoshi-P's recommend job is Black Mage. Is actually one of his favorites.
- Can probably get a glimpse of Arcanist in E3
- Yoshi-P is a Nuker
- Yoshi-P's favorite Karaage-kun flavor is Cheese (type of snack in Japan, picture link)
- Will you actually get to take a vacation on New Years next year? > Depends on the (progression) of the patches, but I've got a feeling I'll be working on a big patch
- Will there be other social tools other than the Item Box in Free Companies? > Yes. We will eventually introduce them through videos
- Any plans on adding Polo Shirts? > We'll think about it
- Will we have all options available in Character Creation in Beta Phase 3? > Yes. Although we still might add a few more things at launch
- Limit Break will be added in Phase 3. Level 3 Limit Breaks will probably (for now) remain unaccessable
- Can we change/add colors to armor in Phase 3? > Yes
- Are there any new members in the main scenario staff? > Please wait until we release the official staff roll. If you're a core fan of Square Enix, perhaps you'll recognize some of them
- Any interesting episodes you can tell us about the foreign (EN/FR/DE) playerbase? > Quite a number of them are against regional servers, and there are also a lot of people who play as Lalafel
- ARR will NOT release in October. We will release the game in a time when the weather is still hot. We can probably talk about a release date next month.
- What happened to Shiva? > Can't talk just yet. First, Ramuh

ixian_sl

shitlord
"- ARR will NOT release in October. We will release the game in a time when the weather is still hot. We can probably talk about a release date next month."
[happy dances]

Stave

Potato del Grande
"- ARR will NOT release in October. We will release the game in a time when the weather is still hot. We can probably talk about a release date next month."
[happy dances]
Considering Phase 3 is the last real "testing" phase, and phase 4 will be a trial before launch, and it sounding like phase 3 will hit in June, I am guessing June most of testing, and phase 4 start late June/early July, last a week or 2, and Launch mid/late July. I am already having withdrawls from this game, need full game like now!