Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

ixian_sl

shitlord
What the fuck don't shit up this thread with grammar
Sorry!

Semi-related to FFXIV. In FFXI, Square-Enix finally did what I thought they'd never do: released new weapons that completely shit on even fully upgraded Relic/Empyrean/Mythic weapons. The forum tears, as expected, have been great. I'm sure S-E will throw owners of those weapons a bone eventually, but I'm glad there are viable alternatives now; if you were someone just coming back to the game or starting fresh, it really sucked having to do all of the grinding needed to acquire the level 75 versions of those weapons and then all of the additional quests to upgrade them to the higher level versions.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Nah. But I did go through the posts on FFXIV Junkies when it was first revealed, and you don't even need to hit up the "Continue Reading" sections to find errors. Take for example the summary from the Mark Jacobs interview:

Edit: There's also a lot of other things I'd like to fix or see fixed. For example, the link toWrite for Junkies Nationleads to a page with an error. Also, "COMMUNITY ENGADGEMENT".

Edit 2: There was also an issue I pointed out inthis post(the word "the" was used twice in succession) that someone tried to fix by removing an instance of "the" rather than correctly replacing the first instance with the word "to".
Nice work. Now if you write once a week for the site from now until the end of July, I can most likely get you a PAX Prime press badge.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure if posted, Phase 3 confirmed to start in June.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will release this summer on PC & PS3!
We're also happy to announce that phase 3 of the beta test will start in June on both platforms - subscribe now to take part!

Europe/PAL:http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu/
North America:http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na/

NOTE: Be sure to go to the correct region site as you may be denied access to the beta even if you receive a registration key.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think ALL Legacy players get in for Phase 3, even if you hadn't been picked for ARR beta yet.
Correct, thats what they've been saying. If you bought the game at some point in time before the redo, you should get the "invite" to whatever email your account was attached to.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Correct me if I'm wrong but you had to actually sign up for beta even if you have a legacy account as far as I know. Could be completely wrong.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Correct, thats what they've been saying. If you bought the game at some point in time before the redo, you should get the "invite" to whatever email your account was attached to.
Actually, you and Man0warr are saying different things and you are the winner. :b All Legacy members were invited for phase 1, all FFXIV account holders will be invited for phase 3. Legacy members are specifically people who paid for three months after they announced the legacy program.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you had to actually sign up for beta even if you have a legacy account as far as I know. Could be completely wrong.
I remember signing up "just in case", but I'm not sure it was necessary. Unfortunately the beta invite emails I have don't really clarify things.

ixian_sl

shitlord
I thought everyone who bought FF14 was considered a "Legacy" member, that's all I meant.
I figured, I just wanted to clarify what Legacy actually meant.
smile.png

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Apologies if this has already been asked but have they given any reason why there's no planned release on the Xbox? They've obviously released the last few FF titles across both consoles, including 11, seems a little short-sighted cutting the Xbox out the equation. Unless the decision wasn't theirs of course.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Apologies if this has already been asked but have they given any reason why there's no planned release on the Xbox? They've obviously released the last few FF titles across both consoles, including 11, seems a little short-sighted cutting the Xbox out the equation. Unless the decision wasn't theirs of course.
Because of the sales volume of the xbox in Japan.

ixian_sl

shitlord
I think it's less sales volume and more because of Microsoft's shitty policies with regards to Xbox Live and cross-platform stuff. Microsoft cut them a break with FFXI so they could say they had a Final Fantasy game on the system and gain some traction, but now they are exerting tighter control over the platform. Look at how many other MMOs were scheduled to have 360 versions that eventually got dropped.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think it's less sales volume and more because of Microsoft's shitty policies with regards to Xbox Live and cross-platform stuff. Microsoft cut them a break with FFXI so they could say they had a Final Fantasy game on the system and gain some traction, but now they are exerting tighter control over the platform. Look at how many other MMOs were scheduled to have 360 versions that eventually got dropped.
I honestly don't know of any (and didn't even know FFXI was on xbox).

ixian_sl

shitlord
Off the top of my head, both Champions Online and Age of Conan were supposed to have Xbox 360 ports. I know there are others that I can't remember the names of, and likely more still that weren't even publicly announced. Phantasy Star Universe was vaguely MMOish and actually did come out for Xbox 360, but its servers were cut off from the PS2/PC servers.

FFXI for Xbox 360 was where I got my start! There was a cheap copy of it at my local department store; I'll never forget picking it up along with a USB keyboard and stepping foot into San d'Oria for the first time (god, that music was awful).

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
I think you are spot on.

(god, that music was awful).
I think you are retarded.