Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a spare beta code they can PM me? Trying to convince my brother and old guild mates this is worth playing over Wildstar.
Just to chime in a little off topic. But I think this is one of the problems of gamers. Why do people have to play one game over another. Why pick just 1? Nothing wrong with playing multiple games at once(especially in todays no sub market that most games have, for people who think $15 is a lot of money).

I plan on playing this, wildstar and EQ(original) for now, with only EQ:N on the distant horizon.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Consider that most people are likely playing one or more games already so we're probably only going to do one new release rather than multiple, especially for subscription games.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This was actually already in version 2. As a gladiator, my 1-2-3 combo were all on the global cooldown, as well as your other normal moves, but situational things like shield wall, +ap, +energy, move that can only be used when you block etc were not. I'd still like to see the GCD come down another .5 seconds.
Yes but from what he says there's actual skills off GCD now. That or it's just "local cooldown" kind of stuff where the skills have a GCD with certain other skills but not everything. I don't know I guess we'll have to see. I'm interested in playing a caster anyway, so the fire/ice shit of black mage looks awesome to me. I wonder if the white mage will get something similar, like you cast aero and it buffs your next heals or something similar.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I don't think he meant no GCD. He meant, some abilities are off the GCD and are meant to be used inbetween normal attacks. Typical wow stuff really but instead of like only self buff, there might be off the GCD actual skills that are meant as combo fillers or what not. The combat isn't going to be revolutionary, it's very basic mmo stuff, but before it was extremely bland, now it should prove to be at least a bit interesting.
After a re-read I think your right, oh well. Still sounds much improved. Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

Guess the last of us will have to wait till Sunday.

Volt

Molten Core Raider
If anyone remembers the 3 main cities, it took a little bit of time to make the run. If I recall Gridania to Uldah took nearly 20 minutes of running with slight agro in the way. Uldah to the ship dock that took you to Limsa Lominsa was about another 10 to 15 minutes. Since 1.0, they added faster transportation with taxi style mounts and chocobos.

Anyways for the sake of starting out some might want to coordinate who wants to go what class based off starting city. For example, the Archer guild is in Gridania, but nothing is stopping you from starting your character as an Archer in Limsa Lominsa. The guilds function as class quest hubs which reward class specific itemsAND ABILITIES.

So here is a list of Class Guilds as well as Crafter Guilds and their prospective city:

Limsa Lominsa:
Arcanist
Marauder
Musketeer*
Armorer
Blacksmith
Culinarian
Fishermen

Gridania:
Archer
Conjurer
Lancer
Botanist
Carpenter
Leatherworker

Ul'dah:
Gladiator
Pugilist
Thaumaturge
Alchemist
Goldsmith
Miner
Weaver

*Musketeer is not currently implemented in game.

Volt

Molten Core Raider
In case people were confused about jobs - Jobs are a form of advanced specialized classes that offer a unique set of abilities on their own as well as a specific armor set/look. Here is a list of Jobs ready for release.

Jobs:

Paladinrequires Gladiator level 30 and Conjurer level 15. Can use Marauder and Conjurer abilities.

Dragoonrequires Lancer level 30 and Pugilist level 15. Can use Pugilist and Archer abilities.

Monkrequires Pugilist level 30 and Lancer level 15. Can use Lancer and Archer abilities.

Bardrequires Archer level 30 and Conjurer level 15. Can use Conjurer and Thaumaturge abilities.

Warriorrequires Marauder level 30 and Gladiator level 15. Can use Gladiator and Pugilist abilities.

White Magerequires Conjurer level 30 and Gladiator level 15. Can use Gladiator and Pugilist abilities.

Black Magerequires Thaumaturge level 30 and Pugilist level 15. Can use Pugilist and Archer abilities.

Summoneran upcoming job of A Realm Reborn, will be available to Arcanists.

Scholaran upcoming job of A Realm Reborn.

Volt

Molten Core Raider
The interesting thing to notice, is that every job has a main class. Ie -> Paladin from Gladiator. They have already announced that Summoner is from Arcanist, so what about the Scholar?

The information about the Scholar being a job wasLEAKEDearly. Aside from us knowing it's going to be a job at launch, nothing else is known about it, well until later this afternoon when they discuss it at E3. If I were a betting man, I would wager that the main job for Scholar is going to be theMUSKETEER. It only makes sense as every class is tied to a job for it's level 30 counterpart. It would be silly at this point to make 2 jobs stem from the same base class.

Also let's take into the fact that there is already a guild in the game for the Musketeer, along with data-mined Musketeer specific items, icons and NPCs.

Here's to hoping Musketeer gets announced! Otherwise maybe Scholar would branch out from Arcanist?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to messing with this all weekend. Is it only the weekend or up all week now?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The interesting thing to notice, is that every job has a main class. Ie -> Paladin from Gladiator. They have already announced that Summoner is from Arcanist, so what about the Scholar?

The information about the Scholar being a job wasLEAKEDearly. Aside from us knowing it's going to be a job at launch, nothing else is known about it, well until later this afternoon when they discuss it at E3. If I were a betting man, I would wager that the main job for Scholar is going to be theMUSKETEER. It only makes sense as every class is tied to a job for it's level 30 counterpart. It would be silly at this point to make 2 jobs stem from the same base class.

Also let's take into the fact that there is already a guild in the game for the Musketeer, along with data-mined Musketeer specific items, icons and NPCs.

Here's to hoping Musketeer gets announced! Otherwise maybe Scholar would branch out from Arcanist?
I'd base it on Mustadio

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From reddit
KEYS ARE GOING OUT!NO BULLSHIT,CHECK YOUR INBOX!
submitted 2 minutes ago by sirius89

I'm not bullshitting you here,keys are going out.I just got mine an hour ago.Hope you all get one too.
smile.png
Still seeking a key if anyone isn't using theirs

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
From reddit

Still seeking a key if anyone isn't using theirs
Welcome to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test!

Here is your registration code:
(removed)
For instructions on how to register your code please click here.

After registering your code, you can log in to the test forums and download the test client here.

Thank you for helping to make FINAL FANTASY XIV: A

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Welcome to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test!

Here is your registration code:
(removed)
For instructions on how to register your code please click here.

After registering your code, you can log in to the test forums and download the test client here.

Thank you for helping to make FINAL FANTASY XIV: A
NOOOO....

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Any new news on the ps3 beta?

I know if you download the e3 video from the psn you are added to a random roll for keys but there has been no dates or nothing else ive seen so far talking about the ps3 beta.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Any new news on the ps3 beta?

I know if you download the e3 video from the psn you are added to a random roll for keys but there has been no dates or nothing else ive seen so far talking about the ps3 beta.
The vibe I get is that this weekend is the first test of the ps3 functionality.