Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
During fanfest, someone had asked if Dancer would be Dex like Ninja and Yoshi seemed to imply Ninja might not stay Dex. I wouldn't be surprised if melee DPS all go STR and all ranged DPS go Dex.
As far as I remember reading, it was more along the lines of waiting for the may live letter to know what they are doing with the classes because he didn't want to reveal one combat change without talking about all of them at the same time so people get the whole picture. I don't think it was implied that they were going to change classes, at least not much more than any other potential solution, such as making gear fit for everyone with a "main stat" modifier(similar to the preorder earring) or whatever else.

Making the gear more generic with all melees having the same gear would make sense though and would reduce how many armor sets they have to make(to compensate for having to make more for the new races). Granted right now the DRG and NIN gear sets are just recolors so it's not big anyway. It'd also make dungeons without token systems like the 24man way less a pain in the dick to get gear for glamours. Fucking current system is terrible as fuck.

Malkav

French Madman
I'm really expecting some huge changes in the combat system at this point. Not just some small tweaks to jobs, but a revamp of a lot of underlying mechanics.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I would too either suggest Sam for melee for RDM for ranged if you want an more forgiving class to start off with. If you plan on getting into Eureka after max level I would do RDM. Ranged DPS plus insta rez is very useful there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Every dungeon should drop a token to let you get a piece of your choice from an NPC, instead of giving us one random piece of gear.

They could still have weapons with unique skins be in chests or something too, to keep a little bit of RNG (which I think is fine in order to make certain stuff rarer to see).

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I really don't like RDM. I'm not a fan at all of how the rotation is super boring and pushes copious UI watching.

It's like they wanted to tie the battle rez to an easy job, because people find SMN too hard.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I really don't like RDM. I'm not a fan at all of how the rotation is super boring and pushes copious UI watching.

It's like they wanted to tie the battle rez to an easy job, because people find SMN too hard.
Yes they do have the easiest rotation in the game but the only reason why I did RDM cause of Eureka. It's hella boring and I wanted o play a job while I grind it and watch movies on a 2nd monitor.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
RDM is great for solo questing and all that since they have fast casts and high burst with low cd, like beast daillies are so much faster on RDM than other classes since you can generally "one shot" mobs with a nuke+fast cast nuke+one of the 2 instants(both on stronger mobs), and Fleche is up virtually every mob for these since they're often spaced out. And it's great for Eureka since it has an actual heal, but also does more damage than tanks/healers by a fair margin.

Just yeah it's boring as fuck and wouldn't recommend playing it as a main class, but some people like the gameplay and it's definitely strong for random pub shit, easily one of the "strongest" class in that regard since you can eliminate many fuckups by rezing retards.

I hope DNC gets a potent enough heal just so there's another class that can do that for solo hard content(since they said they're bringing Diadem back), hopefully they don't make DNC boring as fuck.

• 1Like

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Updated grapics

9a0b226.jpg

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I recently upgraded from a GTX 970 to a 1080 Ti, and went to max everything out, and game looks even better. But I noticed that despite the game being "older" , with maxed I'm only getting 60-90 FPS, 100+ in cut scenes, or when in buildings where not much around. Then of course in Eureka, when there are a million people, it's like 20-25 FPS, haha.

I looked up some graphics tweaks that would help FPS, but not hurt graphics quality much, and it seems Real Time Reflections and HBAO+ settings. Anyone else have any suggestions?

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Like any MMO with a lot of characters to display, you can quickly get CPU limited.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Like any MMO with a lot of characters to display, you can quickly get CPU limited.
Working with a Ryzen 5 1700, so it's not a terribly old processor, but compared to a 1080 Ti, and 16gb of RAM, I suppose it's the weak point of my system? Getting into the FPS thing, I went down the rabbit hole, but now I'm experiencing some weird ass things based on Full Screen, and Borderless window. Made a reddit post to try and figure out a fix. @Dom is this what you meant about FPS rabbit hole? lol , cuz I'm breaking shit !

Reddit post:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Working with a Ryzen 5 1700, so it's not a terribly old processor, but compared to a 1080 Ti, and 16gb of RAM, I suppose it's the weak point of my system? Getting into the FPS thing, I went down the rabbit hole, but now I'm experiencing some weird ass things based on Full Screen, and Borderless window. Made a reddit post to try and figure out a fix. @Dom is this what you meant about FPS rabbit hole? lol , cuz I'm breaking shit !

Yep. Funny enough, I went through the same thing when I bought that monitor and wasn't happy with my performance in WoW (only getting 90 fps? them's rookie numbers!) and so I built a whole new PC. I tried to warn you.

• 1Like

Crone

Yep. Funny enough, I went through the same thing when I bought that monitor and wasn't happy with my performance in WoW (only getting 90 fps? them's rookie numbers!) and so I built a whole new PC. I tried to warn you.
hahaha, well, I won't be able to do that. I have a glaring wife that would be like wtf? So regardless of outcome, I'll make it work and be fine with it, but I did think it odd that my FPS was so limited in FF14. Especially seeing no change dropping down to 1080p? I figure I'd get double the FPS, and it literally was no change.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Reddit post:
Got two monitors with one that doesnt go past 60hz or watching a video capped at 60fps?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
hahaha, well, I won't be able to do that. I have a glaring wife that would be like wtf? So regardless of outcome, I'll make it work and be fine with it, but I did think it odd that my FPS was so limited in FF14. Especially seeing no change dropping down to 1080p? I figure I'd get double the FPS, and it literally was no change.

MMO's and certain engines suffer from being limited by single core performance, which is already an issue with high refresh rates due to more draw calls. You have two bottlenecks competing at the same time over one core.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I didn't see the bit about being capped at 60 fps. If you're running dual monitors and one isn't high refresh then you're getting capped at 60fps due to Windows forcing vsync through DWM. Disable the second monitor and see if it still happens. If not: That's your problem, which is a whole other rabbit hole.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does not help that they are designing the client for console hardware either and the extra bells and whistles of a PC are not going to overcome that.

• 1Like

Crone

I didn't see the bit about being capped at 60 fps. If you're running dual monitors and one isn't high refresh then you're getting capped at 60fps due to Windows forcing vsync through DWM. Disable the second monitor and see if it still happens. If not: That's your problem, which is a whole other rabbit hole.
What's the test case? Disable 2nd monitor that's 1080p 60hz, then run FF14 in Borderless Window, and see if I'm still 60 FPS capped?