Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hehe it too funny, cause katya is on my friends list also, I think we did the first dungeon together ;P Small world.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh wtf who's Katya Kazanova, you're in my friendlist, ran Hatali together before I went to bed before the end of the beta. I also noticed Ray Gilette and Sterling Archer names while I was lvling because of Archer, didn't know that was people from here.
That would be me, as people on IRC know
smile.png
We have a Rerolled linkshell up with about 20 people and I'll be making the free company ISIS soon as I hit 25

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so after having a first look at black mage skills, it seems that Fire I is the most potency/second. Not to mention costs less mana so you have more chance to proc that 30% for free Fire III. These all being thaum skills leads me to wondering, whats the point of black mage again?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
so after having a first look at black mage skills, it seems that Fire I is the most potency/second. Not to mention costs less mana so you have more chance to proc that 30% for free Fire III. These all being thaum skills leads me to wondering, whats the point of black mage again?
You'll have to balance the skills you get as a Black mage vs the skills you exclude by not being able to pull from every class. At the moment, if it's /just/ the 5 new skills, it's a bit lame, but I'm hoping that jobs give you more than just that.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm a little confused - if you select Black Mage as your job, I thought you could also use THM and PUG abilities. Is that not the case?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm a little confused - if you select Black Mage as your job, I thought you could also use THM and PUG abilities. Is that not the case?
That doesn't contradict what he said, 2 classes is obviously less than all classes. You can't get CNJ heal for example, or whatever useful thing the Arcanist will get. That's the tradeoff for those 5 more skills you get from being a BLM.

Volt

Molten Core Raider
Here's what you will have available to you if you go Black Mage:

Black Mage requires Thaumaturge level 30 and Pugilist level 15. Can use Pugilist and Archer abilities.

So what this means is you will get the 5 new skills that the job itself gives you, all of the Thaumaturge abilities, and can pull from the usable Pugilist and Archer abilities that a Thaum can use.

This includes:

Black Mage:
Convert- Switches current HP and MP values.
Freeze- Deals ice damage. Reduces enmity.
Flare- Deals fire damage to enemies in range. Damage dealt increases with proximity. Chance to inflict damage over time effect.
Sleepga- Puts target and enemies near it to sleep.
Burst- Deals lightning damage. Combo Action: Thundara; Combo Bonus: Increased damage with lesser current HP.

Pugilist:
Featherfoot- Increases evasion by 15%. Duration: 10s
Second Wind- Instantly restores 15% of maximum HP.
Internal Release- Increases critical hit rate by 20%. Duration 15s
Mantra- Increases target's HP recovery via curing magic by 5%. Duration: 15s

Archer:
Raging Strikes- Increases attack power by 20%. Duration: 20s
Hawk's Eye- Increases physical accuracy by 20%. Duration: 20s
Quelling Strikes- Reduces enmity generated by each attack. Duration: 15s

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is from a redditer who put this up on googledocs so not sure if it's 100% accurate. WHM and BLM show only one other class abilities available while the rest show two.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ah I had seen the list but had always only been looking at the casters, didn't notice other jobs had more than 2classes to pull from. I guess both BLM and WHM will be able to use Arcanist skills too, on top of CNJ/THM. Also didn't notice that WHM gets THM skills and not GLD skills. Guess we'll see how it goes in P4.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what i meant is to achieve the top DPS for the blackmage class, youll be using nothing but Thaum spells for damage. So why black mage at all?

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
what i meant is to achieve the top DPS for the blackmage class, youll be using nothing but Thaum abilities. So why black mage at all?
Maybe the possibility of BLM only gear at end game? (This is pure speculation by me)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
With how fast people levelled over a single beta weekend I'm really worried this game will have any longevity.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
what i meant is to achieve the top DPS for the blackmage class, youll be using nothing but Thaum spells for damage. So why black mage at all?
BLM has 2 aoe nukes, why wouldn't you use them? There's a targetted aoe bind for the frost aoe, and the fire aoe I assume is the strongest in the game, so not sure why you'd end up using only THM spells, for single target maybe. You also get the resist buff thing to put on the tank and the health to mana conversion which I guess is off GCD so it should provide a decent dmg boost. It's not like there's that much to use that's not in THM anyway, so staying THM so you can cross class isn't that interesting, at least until we see what Arcanist gets.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
With how fast people levelled over a single beta weekend I'm really worried this game will have any longevity.
Are there any Wiki entries or content guides available yet to show what kind of end game is available? Would be good to figure out the longevity that way and get it listed on the Junkies site for good measure.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No one really knows what they added to the end-game I don't think. If they only kept 1.0 endgame there's plenty of stuff around.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are there any Wiki entries or content guides available yet to show what kind of end game is available? Would be good to figure out the longevity that way and get it listed on the Junkies site for good measure.
I believe available at launch raid content will be Ifrit/Garuda for the primal fights, then Crystal Tower(multiple floor instanced dungeon) then another tier with Bahamut Ruins(same as CT). Also raids are 24man(3 full groups), or at least that was the plan last time they talked about it.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ya, as they said its not available right now so you only have guesses to go by. Even with the level 50s coming into game this week, all the content will be disabled.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dear Customer,
We are writing to inform you that we have suspended your access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Tester Forum because on 06-20-2013 you breached the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines.

Thread Title:
Why do female Dragoons have their stomachs exposed

Relevant sections from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Guidelines:
Posting that constitutes discrimination against another forum member or group (also including forming groups for the purpose of discrimination), insults, slander, libel, harassment of a group or individual.
Posting aimed to create a negative impact on the community or its members.

Original Post:
because women are stupid.

The suspension will last a minimum of 216 hours starting 06-20-2013 14:50 (PDT) during which time you will be unable to log in to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Tester Forum.

i guess they dont appreciate dumb answers to dumb questions.