Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The no voice wouldn't be so bad, if the cutscenes didn't focus on the damn person's face and show their lips moving. Not to mention your own character seems to be a complete mute. Its all non verbal communication(shrug, nods, shake head etc) from your own character and it feels really weird.
Yeah, in most cutscenes my chick actually had her mouth open like she was a mouth-breathing weirdo. It definitely looks odd.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well according to the current world transfer application - for the NA/Euro servers, Balmung and Excalibur seem to be the most populated, followed by Sargatanas and Hyperion, while Ragnarok ( i think being the newer server) seems to be the least crowded currently. Marlboro isn't listed, obviously being the beta server it is, so the question I've been wondering is if we've got a crowd going to a server when this goes live, what server is that going to be? Trying to decide where to send my 1.0 char.
1.0 chars will not be allowed on the new player servers, only legacy servers, for the first 6 months or so. So basically.. you won't be able to transfer your 1.0 character over to the server most of us will play on
smile.png

Artifa

N00b
So what exactly are you supposed to do once you finish the story quest line? I'm 22 CNJ, got my chocobo, and gave up on botanist around level 7 when I was getting 30xp per use out of 7k needed to level. I see I have some hunting logs still to do and haven't done all of my guildleves yet. Is that what's left for me to do, or are there more quests that I'm just not finding?

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
So what exactly are you supposed to do once you finish the story quest line? I'm 22 CNJ, got my chocobo, and gave up on botanist around level 7 when I was getting 30xp per use out of 7k needed to level. I see I have some hunting logs still to do and haven't done all of my guildleves yet. Is that what's left for me to do, or are there more quests that I'm just not finding?
did you do halati? trd?

other than that you can grind on fates or leves (i went to l20 zone in gridania) until lv26 then there's a guy outside your grand company place that will auto level you to 29 because they havent put in all the quests yet

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
wandering minstrel. he's next to the grand company hq in the three cities. also grants level 30 class quest abilities after completing the level 15 class quest for disciples of war or magic.

how do i join the linkshell? jeff vader if you can add me.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm fairly happy with what I played last weekend (Archer and some Pug). I am leaning towards not playing anymore so that I don't burn out early. I know that I want to play an Arcanist -> Summoner when it goes live so I am thinking of just putting the game away until then.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ya, ive played through all 3 storylines. I want to go thaum in phase 4 but i like playing an archer more due to the fact they can move and shoot at the same time. Ive done all 3 story lines up to level 15. There isnt much to do other than grind without quests, which sounds like something i wouldnt enjoy very much.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
ya, ive played through all 3 storylines. I want to go thaum in phase 4 but i like playing an archer more due to the fact they can move and shoot at the same time. Ive done all 3 story lines up to level 15. There isnt much to do other than grind without quests, which sounds like something i wouldnt enjoy very much.
Yep reached same point, I played the 3 classes I had interest in to 12(MRD), 16(THM) and 23(CNJ) so other than Arcanist not much else to do, I haven't seen all of Limsa Lominsa storyline but since it's likely my main char will be from there, most likely Arcanist into Scholar or Marauder, no real point. I checked a bunch of stuff I wanted to check like Grand Companies stuff.

The combat chocobo is pretty good. It scales with your level so you can use it when leveling other jobs at lower lvl and make them a lot easier to level with as far as I could see, I lvled a Lancer from 1 to 4 with it just grinding mobs and dismissing him for a few fights to see and even with the fact he pulls an additional mob every fight(he's grouped with you and that seems to be a basic FFXIV feature that mobs become linked if you attack them as a group) it seems much faster and safer with the chocobo out. He has fancy stances but they seemed to be pretty worthless vs leaving him on free where he does whatever he likes so he can heal and DPS at the same time. Just don't know when the actual combat chocobo stuff will be unlocked in the final game since atm it's one of the things you unlock by talking to the NPC for beta content shit like level skips and learning lvl 30 quest spells.

The grand companies leves also looked good, I didn't do enough though but I took 2, did the 2, and there were 2more on the list and all 4 were giving good xp. Also joining a grand company didn't prevent me from doing another's company leves and they gave the same rewards as far as I could tell(2.4k xp and 167badges iirc for the lvl 20 leves). It seems the only difference then would be the gear you can get and titles and what not. Compared to normal leves that seem to only give good xp on first completion, it seems to me it would be a pretty nice way to level yourself up if you can't find dungeons for a while. They also have crafting leves but I didn't compare how they were compared to normal crafting leves.