Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

khorum

Murder Apologist
Rested exp lasted me till long past 80 since I had only levelled on a couple chars. Im curious if the rested exp is a common resource shared among all your jobs so ppl who switch between mains and levelling the new jobs would inadvertently be spending their rested exp.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Rested exp lasted me till long past 80 since I had only levelled on a couple chars. Im curious if the rested exp is a common resource shared among all your jobs so ppl who switch between mains and levelling the new jobs would inadvertently be spending their rested exp.
It's shared. I had some left over after hitting 80 too, then it was gone in 15mins of fishing.

Titania cane? As in the i450 token weapon?
The tokens come from Titania, and she drops the weapons directly too, tokens is just if you don't get your weapon after 10runs you can just buy it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont see how it could go downhill when the post-shb msq is gonna have us roll with the estinien+spoilerboy buddy cop team.

I'll watch that better version of Tango and Cash any day

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
How long did you guys find it took you to hit 80? Just curious. Trying to pump out a good bit this weekend and hopefully level GNB too

For 71-80, if you have rested EXP, dungeons are absolutely the fastest way to level. Doing the dungeon closest to your level can net you around 45% to 50% of your level. If you're with a good group that can do big pulls, that can guarantee you a full level in 45 minutes.

Without rested EXP dungeons become much less efficient. (The majority of the EXP granted from dungeons comes from the mobs themselves, not completing the dungeon - this is a change that was implemented at the beginning of this expansion.) I've been grinding FATEs when my rested EXP is gone, which gets me a level every 1.5 - 2 hours. If you can get a solid group of 8 people that are paying attention and doing high DPS in a low population instance (80 or less people - FATEs turn into bullet sponges the higher zone population gets) FATEs could be extremely efficient (maybe as fast as an hour per level with no rested EXP), but that's hard to pull off at the start of an expansion like this.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
We did it, lads

dcda9733bb.png

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well tonight, I got the Botanist to 80 and had enough white scrips to get the hat, tunic, pants and shoes...only missing gloves and the main hand. Should get that tomorrow or Saturday.

Now to level fishing. :)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well tonight, I got the Botanist to 80 and had enough white scrips to get the hat, tunic, pants and shoes...only missing gloves and the main hand. Should get that tomorrow or Saturday.

Now to level fishing. :)
Fishing is stupidly fast, assuming you're 70. With the old scrip manuals(didn't bother buying the new ones since I have a bunch of old ones to go through), food and squadron buff, you get like 250-300k per HQ fishes, any of them, which if you use Patience II is about 70% of the time(accounting for downtime due GP regen using Hi Cordials on cooldown). On top of that they have their own role quest shit so you get like 3 free levels out of that. You can do collectables too but honestly my fisher is 78 and I barely put any effort into it(and technically 78 is 79, as soon as I do the quest) so it isn't super necessary either. If just grinding you might as well though, can do lakeland spearfishing stuff which is pretty nice or weedy seadragon in kholusia for normal fishing, both seemed about the same when I did them inbetween other stuff and this way you get some bonus xp for turning in collectables.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Damn! Did you level classes or just grind on an 80? If you did level classes how many levels did you end up getting by end?

I did them all on DRK, and it took me from 70 to 79.5. Just did two dungeon runs after and I was 80.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They sure doubled down on the concept of reusing old mats in new materials. Fucking everything requires some shit from ARR/HW/SB. I have a fair bit of SB mats still so those are fine but I threw away all the HW shit a long time ago and it's a pain to rebuy some of it. I could in theory go farm but like, dhalmel skins for dalmel leather sucks, and I don't want to waste my retainer leveling with that either. If it's lemons or whatever I can just dump a full bar of GP+cordial into gathering and this will get me enough but monster stuff is shit. Good for new players and stuff though, tons of materials they can farm on the way to make good money.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying the new crafting rotations now, things are a lot simpler, but Alchemy requires so much past stuff now, time too send off the retainers.

• 1Like