Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget if you yell at anyone because of act you can get banned

Group I was with for PotD threatened to report me for not clearing this morons silence the INSTANT he got silence.

Apparently "Not doing your class responsibility" in PotD is a reportable thing. This game is usually pretty good about it's people but some people are toxic as fuck.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There are professional endless dungeon players pretty sure. Had a few people angry we werent doing a hoh speedrun

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Group I was with for PotD threatened to report me for not clearing this morons silence the INSTANT he got silence.

Apparently "Not doing your class responsibility" in PotD is a reportable thing. This game is usually pretty good about it's people but some people are toxic as fuck.
Should've asked them why they didn't have Echo Drops, and that you would report them for not coming prepared and harassing you because of it. Esuna is not the only thing that can get rid of it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I grinded PotD prior to expansion to catch some other classes up to like level 50 and I never saw anything like this. Hell you'd be lucky to find someone that would remember to clear it at all but nobody would ever say anything, you'd just deal with it and keep clearing.

Malakriss

Threatening to report you for something bullshit is actually considered harassment and you CAN report them for it. Square CS is so shit they warn/ban for the dumbest things but that includes morons.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've had good experiences with dungeons so far in this game, though I'm still under 40. Most groups have been helpful and friendly. Because of that, I actually do a quick read up on dungeons before I queue, just to see anything I should know/be aware of, instead of just Leeroy'ing, because I'd not give a fuck. One group the healer at the end left in a bitchy huff, because the tank died a few times (bad healing? the world may never know!), but otherwise this is head and shoulders above WoW. Maybe I'm just lucky.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Should've asked them why they didn't have Echo Drops, and that you would report them for not coming prepared and harassing you because of it. Esuna is not the only thing that can get rid of it.
I grinded PotD prior to expansion to catch some other classes up to like level 50 and I never saw anything like this. Hell you'd be lucky to find someone that would remember to clear it at all but nobody would ever say anything, you'd just deal with it and keep clearing.

The amazing part was, he was playing a tank....nothing in PotD needs a tank. 99% of mt PotD no one says ANYTHING but "Hey!" at the start, they are usually lucky if anyone says "hey" back.

Threatening to report you for something bullshit is actually considered harassment and you CAN report them for it. Square CS is so shit they warn/ban for the dumbest things but that includes morons.

I was laughing about it IRL, I said in group, "I feel threatened" and the guy got SUPER defensive. Overall it just makes me laugh how seriously people take PotD 51-60, about to finish running HoH 21-30 on my Healer / DPS combo...whatever class it is. So far HoH has been a lot more chill than PotD.

---

On a non-LoLdrama note...

Updated the simple HoH calculator that someone made before 5.0:

Google Sheet

Super basic, but gives me an understanding on how many runs I have to do per level if i just start in the middle of a level or something.

Merrith

materia grinding for gatherer/crafters going to be so easy this expansion. Had a starred ALC collectable recipe that gave 324 yellow scrips at max collect (which is a one button macro for me). Materia just raining from the sky anytime that one is up, going to stock up on mats for the next time I get it. Even unstarred it'll be 250+ per turn in. White scrip amounts are higher than in SB for yellows, and they have 8 total white scrip nodes for botany/mining versus just 6 for SB (although you basically just cut out the lowest 2, and you have a white scrip node up literally every 2 hour window that you can just constantly go through).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
materia grinding for gatherer/crafters going to be so easy this expansion. Had a starred ALC collectable recipe that gave 324 yellow scrips at max collect (which is a one button macro for me). Materia just raining from the sky anytime that one is up, going to stock up on mats for the next time I get it. Even unstarred it'll be 250+ per turn in. White scrip amounts are higher than in SB for yellows, and they have 8 total white scrip nodes for botany/mining versus just 6 for SB (although you basically just cut out the lowest 2, and you have a white scrip node up literally every 2 hour window that you can just constantly go through).
Oh nice, haven't really looked into anything yet still lvling my shit. I expect to be done about tomorrow, only have half of weaver to go, 3lvls on mining/botanist and CRP/LTW from 73. It's hard to juggle this stuff and still level my combat classes and shit, have my SCH almost 80 too and leveled a bunch of classes to 71 for them to be ready for ShB leveling. If white scrips are that easy though I might use custom deliveries for xp, I've been keeping them this week but the amount of white scrips they give is pretty low(60 per turn in so 720 a week for the whole thing) so yeah it'd probably speed up CRP or LTW.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well, beat Titania tonight. This was the second time I tried her, last time didn't go well. :)

It was kind of interesting, we failed twice before the 2 tanks and 2 healers left saying DPS sucked and we wouldn't be able to do it. Then 2 more tanks and healers and we did it super easily. I don't think the DPS were the problem. :)

I got all the sets for fisher, botanist and miners now...still have 700 white scrips left. Fisher still just 71, but the outfit is ready for she hits 80. :)

I just started leveling the crafting classes a bit, but hit a snag. I wasn't done getting all my crafters to 70, leatherworker and armorer are still just 60. I need some stuff from leatherworker, and the prices for them on MB are insane. So might continue just gathering and making money, while the leatherworker and armorer catch up...at least the leatherworker. I can still level the others a bit though, and prices might go on some mats.

Really enjoying the expansion a lot.

Malakriss

Done a couple PF tries at Titania. One wasn't coordinated enough to do lightning swaps, the other had the typical bard who dies to the same mechanic every single time with a healer who doesn't know what the fuck North means. I should have tried the first real day of parties rather than level DoH/DoL, wading through a river of crap.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Oh nice, haven't really looked into anything yet still lvling my shit. I expect to be done about tomorrow, only have half of weaver to go, 3lvls on mining/botanist and CRP/LTW from 73. It's hard to juggle this stuff and still level my combat classes and shit, have my SCH almost 80 too and leveled a bunch of classes to 71 for them to be ready for ShB leveling. If white scrips are that easy though I might use custom deliveries for xp, I've been keeping them this week but the amount of white scrips they give is pretty low(60 per turn in so 720 a week for the whole thing) so yeah it'd probably speed up CRP or LTW.

Yeah I used them for exp this past week, leves help finish the rest. I got BRD to 80 then started working crafting/gathering. I need to work WHM in there slowly, but already melding crafting/gathering sets. Just building up stockpiles with all those yellows for the overmelding to come. just sad I can one button macro anything already. Haven't even melded much for crafters yet other than full melds for pants/boots and placeholder VI's (since 100% retrieve) in chest and jewelry/tools and I'm sitting at 2147 craft and 2011 control with 519 cp. Fully melded will be a lot higher but already new skills lets you crush anything. Gatherers I'm over 2k both gathering and perception.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah I also hate how I've had to spend so many yellow scrips on crafting materias instead of being able to buy the books already. Shit sucks I'd rather get books done asap.

Edit: Had the greatest revelation. I haven't been using many leves at all this time around, probably because I was well prepared and HQing everything with manuals out of the ass. So instead of painfully crafting shit, I'm just turning in vendor items with my leves currently. Did CRP 73 to 80 in like 5mins(4 of which were spent on garland and windows calculator to figure out how many items of each I needed to buy to reduce the trips). Burned like 15leves but that's whatever, it wasn't even that many cause some of the triple were worth doing even. And at current material prices, it's not even more expensive. Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier tbh, wasted so much time when I could have just turned in vendor items with all the leves I have.

Last edited:

Merrith

Oh yeah I also hate how I've had to spend so many yellow scrips on crafting materias instead of being able to buy the books already. Shit sucks I'd rather get books done asap.

Edit: Had the greatest revelation. I haven't been using many leves at all this time around, probably because I was well prepared and HQing everything with manuals out of the ass. So instead of painfully crafting shit, I'm just turning in vendor items with my leves currently. Did CRP 73 to 80 in like 5mins(4 of which were spent on garland and windows calculator to figure out how many items of each I needed to buy to reduce the trips). Burned like 15leves but that's whatever, it wasn't even that many cause some of the triple were worth doing even. And at current material prices, it's not even more expensive. Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier tbh, wasted so much time when I could have just turned in vendor items with all the leves I have.

Yeah that's actually pretty pro, because especially once I had the first couple classes done, leves were not the limiting factor on the other classes. Although I wish I knew the macro I have now for 76-80 when I had all the relevant skills. One button ez mode.

I was lucky and stocked up on red and yellow scrips to cap plus I gathered a ton of torreya/palladium collectables pre expansion. They did kill the exp to 10k, but they still were giving something like ~27 yellow scrips each and since red scrips -> yellows was 1 to 1, I ended up with over 5k yellow scrips essentially from the jump. Instantly had one book bought, and just from leveling off collectables I had another done by the time I hit 80. Got the fishing one at some point to complete the set.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I meant crafting books, I got all the gathering ones before I hit 77 from all the stupid collectables and the job quest deliveries shit, and I still have my 2000red scrips stocked in case of. But crafting books aren't in yet and there's gonna be a ton of them, it's not hard to get them just wish I could buy them right away even if they had locked recipes instead of having to wait an arbitrary patch for them.

Edit: Done with crafting/gathering. 5 leves left, so I didn't mess up too much, although like 60 of these were CUL leves, shit eats leves like crazy cause the triple turn in are terrible xp. On the flipside, very cheap to level, like 150-200k with vendor food every 2 levels.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From a returning player perspective, how far from the Yotsuyu Primal fight is it to the end of the last expansion? I'm sorely tempted by Shadowbringers but it's tempered with the remembered fuck on it took to complete the pre-Heavensward campaign.

Aazrael

From a returning player perspective, how far from the Yotsuyu Primal fight is it to the end of the last expansion? I'm sorely tempted by Shadowbringers but it's tempered with the remembered fuck on it took to complete the pre-Heavensward campaign.
Two patches left after that fight. Like 2 dungeons and around 16 MSQ left.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah shouldn't be too long, other than having to wait for these dungeons which can take a while since the roulette isn't so great for these so not as many people do it. But it's about a couple of hours per patch, 4.5 is a bit longer since it's 2 parts, so probably 5hours total including queues and dungeons assuming DPS.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you buy the skip you don't actually gain anything because you will grind at least a little bit. The MSQ from the last expansion usually gives as much or more per hour then grinding.

If you wanna throw money out the window go for it but the story skip is never worth it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users