Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
There are 3 tiers of 8-man each expansion. Each tier is 4 bosses. A normal version and a Savage version (released next Tuesday for this tier).
There is a new tier every 6 months.

Patch cycle is 3 months. You basically get : 8-man tier 1-> Alliance raid tier 1->8-man tier 2->Alliance raid tier 2->8man tier 3-> Alliance tier 3->End of the expansion.

Each patch also comes with more MSQ, and alternate between 2 new dungeons and 1 new dungeons + a new trial (and EX version of said trial).
Ah, so they are stretching each expansion over a two year time period each time. Sounds like a good plan to keep people occupied between expansions.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Roughly 3 months between major patches

5.0 - 5.2 - 5.4 are the main raid tiers and when the tomestones will cycle.
5.1 - 5.3 - 5.5 are 24 man alliance raids on the side and you can augment tome gear to savage raid level through weekly alliance tokens or hunt currency

Primal EX, beast tribe dailies, relic steps, and POTD/HoH style stuff start happening with 5.1 and get expanded each patch after.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Odd patches are also when Ultimates get released, if we get any more this expansion. I think the dev team said we might be getting one, but I can't remember.

Malkav

French Madman
New Primals are also on a set schedule.

You can bet 100% that in 5.1 we get Hades EX.
We'll also get 3 EX Primals linked to a side quest chain during the expansion cycle, plus a new MSQ trial and its EX version.

Their pipeline is very rigid, it's not like WoW and Blizzard at all, you always know what to expect.

It's also designed around the fact that people will unsub during lulls. It's even encouraged by YoshiP.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
MSQ in a nutshell

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray, one more fucker starts a sentence with Pray i quiting this shit

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

What about eureka will that be getting lvl 80updates ?

Not sure if they'll use Eureka again for ShB relic, I'd expect something Eureka like at least...but whether its connected or some new island/thing/whatever they come up with, who knows. You might see similar systems though like an alternate leveling scale and logogram type abilities.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They said they're bringing back Diadem shit so that'll probably replace Eureka. They should fix Eureka somehow though so people can do their relics/farm their dyable AF since currently it's pretty dead content and you need to organize stuff to get it done.

Malakriss

First new relic step usually also nerfs the old relic step. So you won't see Pyros/Hydatos adjustments until 5.1

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit did all the mouth breathers decided to play today all at once? I know its reset but damn most of my Eden raids and party finder extremes has been this today.

Malakriss

Today goes like this: idiot rolls face on keyboard and instant pulls as soon as we zone in, everyone forgets mechanics / timings, both healers die at 25%, check party window and see RDM who rezzes both and we miraculously complete it. Lose roll on token you want, repeat.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Extremes are basically going to be a shit show for a long time. Anyone who is even semi serious has farmed them enough to get weapons and trinkets on several jobs. Also if you have a static you are probably farming on your raid nights since there is nothing else to do.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
image0.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
What about eureka will that be getting lvl 80updates ?

God, I hope not.

They said they're bringing back Diadem shit so that'll probably replace Eureka. They should fix Eureka somehow though so people can do their relics/farm their dyable AF since currently it's pretty dead content and you need to organize stuff to get it done.

Might also have something to do with the the Ishgard restoration, which I think is being introduced this expansion.

• 1Salty

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I think I remember them saying that there'll be something like Eureka coming during the 5.x patch cycle, but it may not be anything to do with the relic.

We also have Ishgard restoration in 5.1 which I'm actually pretty excited for honestly, and will probably be a decent way to level up gatherers and crafters. Though this honestly looks like it'll likely replace custom deliveries (or be the 70-80 custom delivery content).

There's also the island thing that Yoshi-p was talking about where we can raise monsters, but I've only heard him mention it once so who knows.

So a rough patch schedule according to past releases (112 days between) will be:

--

5.1 [Oct 22nd / 2019] - MSQ, 24man, Hildibrand, Beast Tribe 1, Ishgard Restoration, 1-2 Dungeons, Ex Primal, 0-1 extreme content

5.2 [Feb 11th / 2020] - MSQ, Eden, Hildibrand, Beast Tribe 2, New Primal+ex, Relic quest, 2 Dungeons, New Tomestone

5.3 [Jun 2nd / 2020] - MSQ, 24man, Beast Tribe 3 (DOH/L), New Primal+ex, 1-2 Dungeons, 0-1 Extreme content, Relic stuff

5.4 [Sep 22nd / 2020] - MSQ, Eden, New Primal+ex, 2 Dungeons, Relic stuff, new Tomestone

5.5 [Jan 12th / 2021] - MSQ, 24man, Hildibrand, Alliance Beast Tribe, New Primal+ex, 1-2 Dungeons, 0-1 extreme content, Relic finale

6.0 [May 4th / 2021 (This will likely be put back to June or even July).]

--

The content will also be peppered in with random shit, like new stuff they're developing currently. They constantly pepper in updates to the gold saucer and random QoL stuff as well as random things like deep dungeon and treasure map content. That's just a brief overview of the major stuff likely added in those patches.

These could be off by the factor of a month, but they generally keep to a 112 days (16 weeks) patch cycle. There's a solid chance the September date could be put back an extra week, and the 6.0 release will very likely be delayed because it's a new expansion and it falls really close to Golden Week in Japan.

• 1GreNeg

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah YoshiP said there will be a new Eureka a little earlier in 5.x than Eureka itself was. Eureka debuted with 4.25, almost 9 months after Stormblood.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(* The Terminus is my personal name for the cataclysm that ended the Ascians' era and the ancient world.)

Not sure if you just calling it that for kicks, but it does have a technical name - anytime you have seen "The Sundering" mentioned, that's the event they are referring to.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if you just calling it that for kicks, but it does have a technical name - anytime you have seen "The Sundering" mentioned, that's the event they are referring to.
The Sundering was the event that caused the thirteen shards/reflections. I'm referring to the cataclysm that was occurring prior to the Sundering (and in a way led to the Sundering). I don't lump them all together as the Sundering, in other words; I see them as two very different and distinct events, with two very different causes.

• 1Like