Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe I'm crazy, but I really enjoyed doing just 4 man groups when I did dungeon runs in P2. I thought they were a more fun and intimate affair than 5/6 man groups (I hate 6 man groups) and it felt like a pretty good number.
I'm talking about actually forming the group when there are eleventy billion DPS and a handful of tanks/healers to go around.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Was my exact line as well.
I didn't see it anywhere in the fine print. Does the $22.50 from GMG include 30 days?

Assumption is that it does, but normally I see this somewhere and in the description of features, I don't.

Syia_sl

shitlord
I'm talking about actually forming the group when there are eleventy billion DPS and a handful of tanks/healers to go around.
This was definitely an issue in the beta phases. Supposedly the duty finder will help, but that doesn't change the fact that DPS will have annoying queues just like WoW.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't see it anywhere in the fine print. Does the $22.50 from GMG include 30 days?

Assumption is that it does, but normally I see this somewhere and in the description of features, I don't.
I believe it is something announced by Square and not a specific deal for the pre-order. People are saying returning 1.0ers get 2 weeks free trial while new purchasers will get a free month.

http://na.square-enix.com/finalfanta...n_release_news
Set for an August 27, 2013 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on the PlayStation?3 system and $29.99 for Windows PC. The Collector?s Edition will be available for $79.99 on the PlayStation?3 system and the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts. Monthly subscriptions for new accounts start at $12.99.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I believe it is something announced by Square and not a specific deal for the pre-order. People are saying returning 1.0ers get 2 weeks free trial while new purchasers will get a free month.

http://na.square-enix.com/finalfanta...n_release_news
Ok cool. Thanks
smile.png

Sarg_sl

shitlord
I've been screwing off a little at various stages of the game with a character on new servers, and got a couple classes in the 1-34 range, and while its fun, I'm not sure if its worth starting from scratch (have one with most classes at 50 on legacy). I was wondering if anyone else played on legacy servers at all? While Marlboro server sounds fun and all since lots of people are there... I'm a bit reluctant to entirely ditch my 1.0 legacy chars just for a new server. So my question is - if anyone here plays on a legacy server, does anyone already have a linkshell or something already established? Would be nice if we had another group for those of us with pre-existing chars. Currently I'm on Sargatanas with a friend or two, but since we can go just about anywhere, guess that doesn't really stop us from going anywhere else if theres something fun happening somewhere else.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I've been screwing off a little at various stages of the game with a character on new servers, and got a couple classes in the 1-34 range, and while its fun, I'm not sure if its worth starting from scratch (have one with most classes at 50 on legacy). I was wondering if anyone else played on legacy servers at all? While Marlboro server sounds fun and all since lots of people are there... I'm a bit reluctant to entirely ditch my 1.0 legacy chars just for a new server. So my question is - if anyone here plays on a legacy server, does anyone already have a linkshell or something already established? Would be nice if we had another group for those of us with pre-existing chars. Currently I'm on Sargatanas with a friend or two, but since we can go just about anywhere, guess that doesn't really stop us from going anywhere else if theres something fun happening somewhere else.
I think finding a large group of people on these forums with legacy characters would be pretty hard. I remember the original thread on FoH dying in record speed with most people dismissing the game.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
By the way, the last letter from the producer said that they were only halfway through Phase 3. Meaning that there's at least 2 more beta weekends if not 3.

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
I think finding a large group of people on these forums with legacy characters would be pretty hard. I remember the original thread on FoH dying in record speed with most people dismissing the game.
And yep, though I have been in board guilds in the past and wish you guys the best, I tend to stay away from them even more in Asian MMOs even FF. The board leans heavily toward western MMOs. Nothing wrong with that but its no fun hopping servers and finding guilds one month in - if you can help it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
By the way, the last letter from the producer said that they were only halfway through Phase 3. Meaning that there's at least 2 more beta weekends if not 3.
The theory on reddit is that it's half in time, which means there's a 6 days phase coming instead of more weekends. We'll know today or tomorrow when they make the announcement on next phase I guess.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The next Beta test is scheduled to begin at 2:00 a.m. (PDT)/9:00 a.m. (GMT) on July 5th, 2013.

Starting from the next Beta test, the stress testing of the duty finder is planned to be conducted. However, the final QA check of the system is still in progress.

As a result, there is a possibility where the duty finder will not become available at the start, but instead will be implemented through the update that will be conducted during the Beta test.

With the testing details including when the duty finder will become available and also the closing schedule of the next Beta test, we will be making another announcement before the test begins.

We look forward to your active participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
In past FF games does the exp curve ramp up steep in the last 10 levels?

@Ao and Brahma I said the same thing fuk it

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can't access the beta forums whilst at work, but what you just posted there doesn't imply a weekend only test? Hopefully we're onto longer periods.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The exp curve wasn't really exponential in FFXI. The problem with FFXI was the monsters gave basically the same exp the entire game, so by the time you were 74 and it was 45k (65k? can't remember) exp until you levelled and monsters were still giving 200 exp for typical mobs that's where the time came from. When I was 70ish I was ahead of most NA's, and back then you were getting roughly 3000exp/hour, so you can see how it easily took 15+ hours.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
From what I remember it wasn't too bad 1-50. You had a big cockblock of a level cap quest at 50 and then lesser cockblocks for the next 5 levels until Maat which was another huge cockblock.

The exp was fine, albeit at a more old school pace, from 1-50. It started getting much worse after that point. I believe the original game was only 1-50 or 1-60 but by the time it released in NA it had an expansion and was to 75.

I quit at some point in the 60s so some of this may be off. I'm pretty sure in the time you can go from 1-35 in this game I got maybe from 1-15. Not sure it's the best comparison.