Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fuck me, what's the fastest way to get 460 ilvl? Can't do Heroes Gauntlet yet. Still pretty much just in a couple of Eden's Gate pieces.

Cybsled

Eden has limits removed. Can run that and the old Nier raid and the last dungeon probably. Also the relic weapon for 1k poetics

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
I hit the same wall yesterday so turns out there are crafted pieces you can grab to fill in. Between that and two crystal tower raids I was not prepared.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't suppose there is a sale on Stormblood going around right now?
You can buy Shadowbringers by itself for 20 bucks, the entire game w/all expansions for 30 and that comes with a free month of live service. How much cheaper do you need the game to be? lol

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can buy Shadowbringers by itself for 20 bucks, the entire game w/all expansions for 30 and that comes with a free month of live service. How much cheaper do you need the game to be? lol
I'm being dumb, and forgot that ShB was the latest expansion, not Stormblood. I just need ShB! Oops!

• 1Like

Cybsled

lol

fsvjv3hvyah51.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Finally caught up to the end of this patch.
I knew it was f'n Fandaniel as soon as I saw that smile and heard his voice. Even though it was f'n forever ago since I've seen him - God how I hated his character. Not because of poor writing or anything as such. Just simply because that character exudes so much that I dislike in one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
A little late to finishing 5.3 however holy fuck I gotta say 10/10. Anyone just starting or returning now is really lucky to enjoy the story as is and without the wait.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Resubbed. Leveling up a gunbreaker. Currently level 65, then its time to start the Shadowbringers campaign

Merrith

Massive massive spoilers do not watch until you have completed 5.3 MSQ

But this OST was extremely good

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Massive massive spoilers do not watch until you have completed 5.3 MSQ

But this OST was extremely good

I found that fight to be a real headache on AST. Considering moving back to WHM on anything that requires a decent amount of focus. Ironically the mobility on AST is way better than WHM but there's too much to keep track of in addition to ensuring you avoid all the mechanics (very easy to miss whether he's imbued with fire or ice when you're healing, tracking buffs, throwing out cards, and trying to maximise your Divination windows). I wish they'd have some real healing/DPS check fights rather than these constant movement fests. Maybe I'm getting old but running these on a healer is anxiety-inducing.

Merrith

I found that fight to be a real headache on AST. Considering moving back to WHM on anything that requires a decent amount of focus. Ironically the mobility on AST is way better than WHM but there's too much to keep track of in addition to ensuring you avoid all the mechanics (very easy to miss whether he's imbued with fire or ice when you're healing, tracking buffs, throwing out cards, and trying to maximise your Divination windows). I wish they'd have some real healing/DPS check fights rather than these constant movement fests. Maybe I'm getting old but running these on a healer is anxiety-inducing.

I did it on BRD, so little unfairly easy for me to keep track of everything. I guess it could be tough when healing. Obviously would be nicer on voice comms to have someone call it out to remind everyone.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Finally caught up to the end of this patch.
I knew it was f'n Fandaniel as soon as I saw that smile and heard his voice. Even though it was f'n forever ago since I've seen him - God how I hated his character. Not because of poor writing or anything as such. Just simply because that character exudes so much that I dislike in one.

What? This was the first time he's been introduced isn't it? I don't remember any mention or showing of him, except by name only, anytime before this reveal during the end cinematic. When did he pop up before this?

• 1Like

Cybsled

Fandaniel wasnt the body’s name, it’s the ascian’s, but we met the original body owner in SB

Daidraco

Fandaniel, or whatever the actual name of the"body" of the character is, was the brother of the chick that lost her memory in the previous expansion that Gosetsu babysat.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finally all caught up.

Wonderful send off for everyone. And damn if I didn't burble like a little bitch when you take the crystal back to Seto and when you show the memory crystals to Elidibus. Goddamn. Also not super excited for more Zenos and this new Fandaniel guy seems like an annoying cunt already. Of course he would take the body of that cunt, too. One thing I wonder now if they'll go into is what actually caused the original catastrophe during the time of the Ascians. Was that ever elaborated on and I missed it, or is it still a mystery?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fandaniel, or whatever the actual name of the"body" of the character is, was the brother of the chick that lost her memory in the previous expansion that Gosetsu babysat.

I got that part, I just though you meant:
the Ascian "Fandaniel" had appeared somewhere before, given how you said you recognized his smile and voice - I realize now you were recognizing Asahi, the "body", not the a actual Ascian.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Finally all caught up.

Wonderful send off for everyone. And damn if I didn't burble like a little bitch when you take the crystal back to Seto and when you show the memory crystals to Elidibus. Goddamn. Also not super excited for more Zenos and this new Fandaniel guy seems like an annoying cunt already. Of course he would take the body of that cunt, too. One thing I wonder now if they'll go into is what actually caused the original catastrophe during the time of the Ascians. Was that ever elaborated on and I missed it, or is it still a mystery?

Not even going to try to act like I didnt either. I didnt enjoy the whole "visit every place you've been" part, but the as soon as I saw crystal tower dork - I was all water eyed after we bring him home.

Cybsled

Finally all caught up.

They didn't directly explain what happened to the original universe, beyond the fact that their creation magics began to run out of control and emotions like fear/etc compounded the issue by essentially making their nightmares a reality. The way I took it is certain regions on their planet were having issues with creation magics becoming harder to control, places like Amaraut were all 'eh, it's not us, we fine'. Then it started to go nuts in Amaraut and began to snowball when people started to freak out and basically feed into the chaos going on and made it much worse and basically become a full on apocalypse, which made them create Zodiark in an act of desperation

• 1Like