Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bah, was going to hit a resub this morning and fiddle around with some fantasia for my character, but I guess maintenance is already going. Tomorrow, then!

Yeah I totally missed somehow that it was all day today. Welp, hope I'm prepped enough.

Cybsled

They do, but I think they had put a freeze on demos due to COVID. They sometimes do that for major disasters/etc. That is part of the reason housing is so hard to find at the moment.

Cybsled

Wasn't FFXI housing just a small 1 room apartment? You can do a lot more creatively in FFXIV's housing, especially if you get a larger one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You could add a second floor, but basically if you want FFXI housing you can just buy an appartment or a FC room(appartments being better since they don't disapear if you leave the FC you're in). They did add personal gardens in Adoulin but it was a tedious mess of shit that makes even the XIV gardening looks good.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You could add a second floor, but basically if you want FFXI housing you can just buy an appartment or a FC room(appartments being better since they don't disapear if you leave the FC you're in). They did add personal gardens in Adoulin but it was a tedious mess of shit that makes even the XIV gardening looks good.

I'll look in to apartments. I think my perception is tainted by the frustration of trying to secure a plot on Excalibur and also my FC changed hands when I was on a year's break and all the inactive folks were kicked. I lost a few mil worth of furnishings because the plot guy only holds your stuff for a finite time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll look in to apartments. I think my perception is tainted by the frustration of trying to secure a plot on Excalibur and also my FC changed hands when I was on a year's break and all the inactive folks were kicked. I lost a few mil worth of furnishings because the plot guy only holds your stuff for a finite time.
Yeah that's why FC houses are kinda shit, appartments are basically the same thing but you own them, they just cost a bit more(500k instead of... 200 or 300k or whatever FC houses are). They don't have demolition like houses so you can take breaks and not lose your shit. You even get a teleport to it iirc, the only downside is there's an additional menu to get in I think, but then again FC houses I think you have to enter the house proper and then go to the door too. Otherwise it's basically the same 1 room thing that you can separate into a few rooms with partitions/walls and there's some pretty good looking ones. Just no gardens(can cultivate pot plants but not do the cross breeding shit to get seeds). It's honestly the best option if you don't want to stay sub forever, since houses have demolition and you don't run into the issue of not having one to buy(although iirc there's somewhat limited, just a lot less than house plots).

Servers are up btw.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Pyros Pyros btw servers are up. New collectable system isn't bad, but syrup has been nerfed. Same mats for basically all the new stuff, although some small chances, but the max yellow you can get per craft is like 198, whereas before even unstarred syrup you'd get 270 for highest collect level.

Syrup should still be yellow scrip king I think, unless water or lightning crystals go up. No subcombines needed compared to everything else is still why OP.

Xerge

<Donor>
Looks like I have to finish the crystal tower series before I can continue the MSQ?? I thought that change was for the ARR story rework.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like I have to finish the crystal tower series before I can continue the MSQ?? I thought that change was for the ARR story rework.

I just finished those recently, I think for the 70 relic quest line, which just amounts to a glamour now. Same with the Ivalice raids for the Resistance Weapon arc.

They're over pretty quickly but the cutscenes in between are a bit of a pita from memory.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Nope, they made it required for the MSQ, even retroactively. Given the spoiler infused 5.3 trailer, I have strong suspicions as to why they are forcing everyone to unlock it now.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Pretty much what Grizzlebeard Grizzlebeard said - if you paid attention to the Shadowbringers story, its pretty relevant. If you havent done Crystal Tower, then there are personal plot holes in the story. The guy you talk to in the tower for example, so many people think he just showed up out of the blue. Yet he has a quick little back story which is kind of nice.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried logging on today to my old character who was like level 30 but apparently the free to play stuff only works on new trial accounts not accounts that had subbed at one time?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Tried logging on today to my old character who was like level 30 but apparently the free to play stuff only works on new trial accounts not accounts that had subbed at one time?
That's how trial works yeah, you need to play an entirely new account to play the trial(even having played the beta removed access to the trial which is dumb). If you've played before you have to resub. You do get up to Heavensward though on that sub.

Daidraco

In the case of making a new account - it wouldnt be a pita. Level 30 takes no time.
I sent you a referral so we can both get stuff if you actually decide to buy and sub (in your FOH inbox) Below. If you start on Coeurl, I'll drop you 100k to get you on your way. Just send back what's left if you decide you still dont like the game. Shadowbringers is basically night and day difference between that and classic though.

Good day kaid kaid - Your profile is super locked down.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial is the trial link - This is the code if you sign up. 3FBUPF3G (works once per referral - let me know if its used and I'll get another)

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
I simply read about the CT story line instead of doing it since it was always optional -- I would have also resubbed sooner to get it done so I could log in today without fuss. Was kinda shitty waking up early, logging in, and getting hit with that lol.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spending my morning opening up all the new crafting-related crap, and going to start the dwarf quests because there is probably zero chance they aren't involved in the top end crafter gear pre-next-xpac.

I"ll start the story later this afternoon most likely, since I have very much slacked on keeping up with my level 80s and ilvl; just enough to finish the last batch and then Trust. It. Up.