Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bad timing for sure because I'm getting married... WEDDING CANCELLED
Haha Grats
wink.png

I made sure to schedule mine at the low point of the gaming season. June.

Any non married folks out there that are gamers, whenever they ask when the date is after you propose or accept proposal... June.

June.

JUNE.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haha Grats
wink.png

I made sure to schedule mine at the low point of the gaming season. June.

Any non married folks out there that are gamers, whenever they ask when the date is after you propose or accept proposal... June.

June.

JUNE.
Haha, I'll remember that when I never get married.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just should've checked release dates way in advance and confirmed with those..

"Oh hunny.. I think we should get married August 1st. Should be back just in time for open be.. err.. to get ready for next semester. Yep"

Myst

Peasant
Need a bit of clarification. Open beta starts this Friday and head start is Monday the 24th? Anyone can access the open beta and get to keep their chars? Or is that only during head start?

Sorry haven't been following the news lately.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Need a bit of clarification. Open beta starts this Friday and head start is Monday the 24th? Anyone can access the open beta and get to keep their chars? Or is that only during head start?

All P3ers are in open beta starting Thursday. All others, Friday. (Japan time) All characters will transfer over to early access and not be deleted unless they find some major exploit or something.

Early access starts Saturday the 24th. Launch on the 27th.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord

Bullet lists because I can:

Open Beta/Phase 4
  • Starts Saturday August 17 if you haven't done (or registered an account code for?) any of the past betas.
  • Starts Friday August 16 if you have.
  • Download starts on Thursday August 15.
  • Characters will go through to Launch/Live, unless an issue (gil exploit or whatever) requires a character wipe.

Early Access
  • Starts Saturday August 24 in Japan. (Likely the afternoon of the day before, for continental U.S., as with beta.)
  • No expected service interruption between the end of Early Access and the official Launch. The servers won't be taken down even for a little bit once they're active for Early Access.

Roxette_sl

shitlord
Bullet lists because I can:

Open Beta/Phase 4
  • Starts Saturday August 17* if you haven't done (or registered an account code for?) any of the past betas.
  • Starts Friday August 16* if you have.
  • The rest of the client download opens up on Thursday August 15 in prep for 16th/17th.
  • Characters will go through to Launch/Live, unless an issue (gil exploit or whatever) requires a character wipe.
Corrections above, otherwise everything you posted looks right.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
* Adjusted for Japan's times. Japan will be running Aug 16/17-19, which for the US pretty much means Aug 15/16-18. Past betas have been 5am Japan time, which in PST terms is about 1pm the previous calendar day (it's a 16ish hour difference, going backwards because of the International Date Line).
that doesnt looks right. betas have started at 5am EDT, not japan time. Making it 2am PDT and im guessing 6pm Japan time.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Damnation , this was going to be my first mmo to actually get involved in the site guild after all the years of following FoH and then here , but I'll admit I'm torn on the server.

100% understand on the server choice looking for a popular one , just with my limited playtime between jobs/wife/kids if I can't sit down and play guaranteed with no queue it sends me into Qwerty fits. Well almost......

Also always enjoy launch time of any mmo as my favorite so staring a queue screen during launch and when I can play escalate the fit.....

Honestly thinking about doing a character on Gilg and another just trying a couple classes out and then if not bad on Gilg can play catchup at some point.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have limited play time, going to being catching up anyhow :p I'd rather have queues(if we have them at all) and a healthy server after the first couple weeks :p

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
If you have limited play time, going to being catching up anyhow :p I'd rather have queues(if we have them at all) and a healthy server after the first couple weeks :p
100% agreed.

Just personal musings more than anything. I could I guess just plan on Rerolling (in name and action) on Gilg after launch if queues are a thing initially and I'll have some of the FFXIV systems more down and learned that I don't currently know. Sorta test the character on lesser pop server.

This is assuming queues to begin with of course.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't realize so many going bard, Maybe I will go black mage instead. I tried in beta and loved the playstyle, even though I am pretty indifferent to the all black armor look, and supposedly that armor is the best or close to the best?

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone want to volunteer as primary crafters? This would be at the expense of adventuring classes (those with unlimited time excluded), and would be expected to continue into live and to level 50 in the crafting class. Obviously, you would be free to branch out at any time. This would be a role for someone who is committed and would be receiving mailbags full of crafting materials used to create items to benefit the Company.

If there is interest, and it makes sense to ya'll, resources could be allocated accordingly.