Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a friends list? I would imagine the best way would just be to use the spreadsheet and add everyone on it. Hopefully it gets updated with everyone's character name (I'll add mine whenever I figure that part out).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was under the assumption that people who pre-ordered the game will have access to the early open beta as well? I pre-ordered the game from Greenman gaming and haven't received my code yet. I was informed through their support that i wouldn't be able to enter my code before the 20th and will be receiving it shortly before.

Oh and Square Enix seriously need to work on their customer service and account management.
Amazon and other vendors are wising up with the canceled pre-order code snatching, so they're starting a policy of not sending them out until they're needed.

Most people assume that the generic Square Enix page is their account system. This is more like the Square Enix armory/facebook of "hey look at what games I have!" while the meaningful login is Accounts Management site athttps://secure.square-enix.com. This is especially noticeable because it has the One-Time Password available (SecurID token).

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do we have a vent or mumble server?
As far as Vent/Mumble/TS - not that I know of,anyone who has resources to volunteer in this area would be appreciated!

There is an IRC channel which will be manned, irc.uberguilds.org - channel is #swampdonkey - which can be used to facilitate linkshell invites.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I should be good to go, right?

rrr_img_40286.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ive got TS as well which is either 50 or 500ish people if needed that wont be used for a long time.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
how are we communicating during beta without FC setup?
I'll be making a Linkshell so we will all have a channel we can chat on until I make the free company

You can be in up to 8 Linkshells, and 1 Free company. Linkshells are like broad chat channels where Free company is a guild.

Myst

Peasant
I just noticed my Square Enix account says "United Kingdom" and i think i had registered a EU beta code back in P1 or 2. Would it be possible to change it? I don't see any options to do so. I don't think ill be able to access the early start of P4 if i create a new account.

Any suggestions?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just noticed my Square Enix account says "United Kingdom" and i think i had registered a EU beta code back in P1 or 2. Would it be possible to change it? I don't see any options to do so. I don't think ill be able to access the early start of P4 if i create a new account.

Any suggestions?
Their support will give you a new one for the US.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Any suggestions?
Far as I am aware, you can play on any server with a code from anywhere. For live at least. For Open beta.. you might have to make a new account.

Myst

Peasant
Their support will give you a new one for the US.
If they ever get back to me. I submitted two tickets to no avail, called the NA support line and was put on hold for 15min. I called again and their automated service kept going into a loop. Called the next day and i was put on hold for another 20min.

I just created a new account (NA) and will be registering my pre-order code with it. From what you guys said, i will only be missing out on Friday night game time, which is really not a big deal as long as i can start playing this Saturday with my pre-order code.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn that sucks, it was pretty painless for me.

You should be good though like you said, with the level cap being 20 not like you need to rush or anything.