Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
lol...trying to order this shit from GMG and I have all my payment info filled in and I'm clicking the "Make Payment" button and nothing happens. Good stuff.
Try Firefox? I had the same issue on safari at work. Switched over to Firefox and went flawless. They making a Mac version btw? If so, I can play at work on 10 gig fiber haha. If not, looks like I'll be spinning up a VM. May do that anyway..

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So I've got a couple more server migrations tomorrow morning , by later afternoon I should be able to check this thread and see if the raging/gnashing for queues or not is occurring ?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I've got a couple more server migrations tomorrow morning , by later afternoon I should be able to check this thread and see if the raging/gnashing for queues or not is occurring ?
I'm drunk right now so hopefully the wait list isn't too long when I get up at 1pm tomorrow(doubtful).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
During P3 the queues on the JP servers while the US servers were down weren't too bad(and that was JP prime time), so don't know maybe their servers can handle load decently with the zones and shit. Guess we'll see tomorrow how it goes, playing on some euro servers with friends though so might not have the same issues, especially since the FoH server is like the reddit server too?

Spent 30mins earlier finalizing my character look, wish more mmos would bother doing something like that, having a char creator you can use before and save your options in it, shit's so basic I wonder why I've never seen that before.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
anyone know where you need to leave the character .dat file to get it in the phase 4 client?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I extracted the benchmark right in my benchmark folder and it detected my beta 3 dat file just fine. I'm assuming the game client will do similar

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Are the servers supposed to be up now? I still get the "please wait for next beta" thing.

See there is this message

By looking at the current progress of the Version Update, we are expecting to see heavy traffic for the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Phase 4 as of now.

Because of this, we will be implementing a very strict login limitation to avoid All World outages and Login Server outages from the 2:00 start for 3 to 4 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but in any case that you are unable to login, we please ask that you try again at a later time.

Thank you for your understanding.
Patience. Not my virtue.

EDIT: And if there are people with trouble downloading the client

We are currently experiencing heavy traffic on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Tester Forum and the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Client Download for Windows is having difficulties.

So as a temporary measure, we ask to please go to the link listed below in able to download.

http://sqex.to/FFXIVGame

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.
EDIT2: The bastards just teased me. It went to play after I clicked away the last message that I pasted. Then I entered, and was promptly booted with the message that all servers were undergoing maitenance.

Son of a.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why would they be up 10-15mins before they're supposed to be up. If anything they'll be late. Also you can see server status in the launcher, see that red pinkish circle thing? When it turns yellow some servers are up, and when it turns green all servers are up.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Why would they be up 10-15mins before they're supposed to be up. If anything they'll be late. Also you can see server status in the launcher, see that red pinkish circle thing? When it turns yellow some servers are up, and when it turns green all servers are up.
They were supposed to start at 9am gmt. That is 10am GMT+1, it is now 10.56am.

Or did they change their time?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They were supposed to start at 9am gmt. That is 10am GMT+1, it is now 10.56am.

Or did they change their time?
If you're in central europe, remember it's summer daylight saving time bullshit nonsense, so it's actually GMT+2 atm. So 11AM.