Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
After finishing MSQ I'd say it's a pretty clear bet that
Sharlayan is the new 6.0 town

Nier raid was pretty good I thought, plus it has the music I've been wanting since the series was announced back in 2018/-19

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After finishing MSQ I'd say it's a pretty clear bet that
Sharlayan is the new 6.0 town

Nier raid was pretty good I thought, plus it has the music I've been wanting since the series was announced back in 2018/-19

they already announced one new town and it wasn't Sharlayan, I kind of assumed the other would be on the actual Moon. Also they're such cock teases for that final cutscene and Zenos choosing his new weapon offscreen. Was cool to see all the different glams for so many in game weapons, though. We'll just have to wait for fanfest to see the actual weapon/new melee dps class reveal

New dungeon was nice, haven't tried the new Nier raid yet.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
they already announced one new town and it wasn't Sharlayan, I kind of assumed the other would be on the actual Moon. Also they're such cock teases for that final cutscene and Zenos choosing his new weapon offscreen. Was cool to see all the different glams for so many in game weapons, though. We'll just have to wait for fanfest to see the actual weapon/new melee dps class reveal
We get a large and small town for expansions and 6.0 won't break from that mold. So with Radz-at-Han being the small town (stated as such from the announcement stream), and with Krile off to Sharlayan to try and get them to shit or get off the pot, I think it's safe to say which one is going to be our Ishgard/Kugane/Crystarium for this expansion: Old Sharlayan!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

We get a large and small town for expansions and 6.0 won't break from that mold. So with Radz-at-Han being the small town (stated as such from the announcement stream), and with Krile off to Sharlayan to try and get them to shit or get off the pot, I think it's safe to say which one is going to be our Ishgard/Kugane/Crystarium for this expansion: Old Sharlayan!

Yeah as I noted, they had showed off Radz-at-Han during the expansion trailer and Sage job reveal thing. I'm not convinced it'll 100% be Sharlayan for the big one, though. There was some speculation that Alphinaud would just learn his new Sage job there, and that the large city would be on the moon itself. But it's completely possible it is Sharlayan, and the Moon is only used as a set piece for final zone/battles of 6.0

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also Sharlayan could be were Pandemonium is, albiet I really think it'll be on the moon still... also just give us the new melee class SE .FFS

Merrith

Also Sharlayan could be were Pandemonium is, albiet I really think it'll be on the moon still... also just give us the new melee class SE .FFS

I know, it's one thing to tell us it'll be revealed during the fan fest thing, but to tease that shit so hard with Zenos "choosing his new weapon" was just messed up. Yeah I agree Pandemonium is likely to be on the moon

Cybsled

I knew they were going to Jebait the audience because next fan fest is early May and 5.55 comes out after. I had already steeled myself for the disappointment lol

I like how the Nier raid epilogue involves some weekly quests to resolve some of the story.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, me looking at my screen in all angles during that last cutscene trying to find a clue:

ixrersm.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I did the 'fete' thing in the Firmament tonight. Holy fuck, felt like the entire server was there. I would take a few steps to the side and dozens upon dozens of people would magically appear. Pro Tip: Make sure to press the X button to hide the hundreds of name plates/etc blocking the stuff you have to interact with, or you'll have a bad day lol

Anyways, way it runs is there are 5 mini games per fete-event. Gotta switch to a crafter/gatherer class. They are all mini-game fates. Ones I had were a simon-says event (need to target the mascot and use the ability), a moogle toy craft and deliver, a yak sheering thing, a pick the right box fate, and a gift delivery. You get 100 firmament scrip and 2 gift boxes per successfully completed mini game. The gift boxes will either give you a fete token (used to buy items from vendor), or drop actual items. Apparently the 100 token mount/outfit can drop from the boxes if you're lucky. I got a hairstyle, a music sheet, and some hot air balloon for my lawn and 7 tokens.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I did that last night too on Gilgamesh. 100s of people blinking in and out of existence every time you took a step. Surprised the zone didn’t crash honestly. Almost blew the sheep one cube I couldn’t see wtf the deal was after shearing, but I managed to grab 2 at the last second and not totally fail it.

Cybsled

I'm max on all my crafters, so I can't tell. However, I did see some people in shout chat mentioning the XP wasn't that amazing

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All my crafters are at 71. Mostly got their doing daily turn ins. I guess this isn't the way to get those last bit to push over the edge.

Merrith

All my crafters are at 71. Mostly got their doing daily turn ins. I guess this isn't the way to get those last bit to push over the edge.

leves at Crystarium probably good way to push some up. Especially the ones you can triple turn in with HQ turn ins

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, the triple turn-in leve using HQ items is by far the fastest way to level a crafter in most cases. The only time it isn't is when the craft you have to make for the triple hand-in is some PITA thing that isn't time/cost effective, in which case you pick the cost effective item leve and brute force HQ handins, but that burns your leve allowances much faster.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Custom Deliveries, Dwarf Quests(You get a tank out of it also), and daily GC turn-ins that's how I got all my crafters too 80, leve's I was using for other stuff so never touched that side of it.

Or if you are wanting too crack it out really fast, Ishguard restoration turn-ins(even though it's over with they are keeping the crafting portion around cause of the very very very rare mount)

Merrith

Custom Deliveries, Dwarf Quests(You get a tank out of it also), and daily GC turn-ins that's how I got all my crafters too 80, leve's I was using for other stuff so never touched that side of it.

Or if you are wanting too crack it out really fast, Ishguard restoration turn-ins(even though it's over with they are keeping the crafting portion around cause of the very very very rare mount)

The leves are ridiculously fast if you can do them, or get someone to make a kit of items.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you have your crafters at 71 you can absolutely hq your own shit to get to 80 super fast. If you aren't in any hurry just do your daily dwarf tribe quests.