Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So have they made any more comment about sending out EU 20 digit codes to NA players? I'm hesitant to even try to put my pre-order code in again in fear I'll actually get an EU code and then be dealing with another shitload of problems.

BTW: To go back on the discussion about how much polish a game has and how successful it will be, I saw with my own eyes on FOH how the Rift thread was the second coming (that thread dwarfed this one). To this day you can't say that game doesn't have polish. Ask yourself how that game 'blew up' and where it's sub base is (prior to F2P, who knows now). My point, I don't think it matters how polished a game is as much as it matters if it's fun to play. It's it's boring, people are going to quit in a month. We'll see how this game is doing 6 months from now and if we call that a 'success' or just another average MMO in a sea of average MMO's.

my friends were unable to make characters on gilgamesh. sadly if they cant ill be on another server
frown.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I ninja made 2 starter characters (+5 CP rings) on Gilgamesh in the last 30 minutes before p4 ended. So once they fixed the 3102 crap they did reopen character creation.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the problem is still that characters don't get booted ever unless servers go down, even if they stand around for 12 hours doing nothing. Servers went down and booted everybody for the patch before the few hours extended beta so character creation opened up.

So have they made any more comment about sending out EU 20 digit codes to NA players? I'm hesitant to even try to put my pre-order code in again in fear I'll actually get an EU code and then be dealing with another shitload of problems.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/369995606422331394

We're aware that some NA users are receiving EU-region codes and are working to address that as well. We'll be sure to keep you updated.
They tweeted that last night.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
-Abilities fail to fire or cancel instantly, regardless of your lag there's a 1-2 second delay when using abilities. Especially "instant" abilities that are off the GCD like Arcanist Virus or other CD abilities, it still has a delay of ~.5-1 seconds and is nearly impossible to immediately chain these abilities and will always result in a net DPS loss when using them (as opposed to say WoW, where there's literally zero delay when activating cooldowns or trinkets).

-The UI in general is a clusterfuck;

-no clear discernable way to tell which item is better short of "DIS 1 HAS MOAR ARMOR". They show the disparity between stats in the armor alone but refuse to add said stats in for Mind/Vitality/Etc.

-the quest's are very vague and don't give a good idea where to go the majority of the time, even when you sit there the cut scene and listen to them you're still left hunting on the map trying to find where the actual zone is.

-the Hunting log suffers from the same vagueness and is actually wrong in a lot of places, I did both rank 1 and 2 difficulty hunting logs for Conjurer/Arcanist/Thaum and ran in to things that said X was in certain subzone when it actually wasn't, this was confirmed by just looking at your map.

-the aether crystal/teleport system is awesome and for sure cuts down the tedium of running, however the UI behind it is just stupid. Instead of simply opening the map when you click the crystal and allowing players to click their destination they have to for some reason remember the random ass arbitrary names for locations, which will undoubtedly be forgotten almost immediately after using it.

-party UI sucks as a healer / general group member, being unable to see the tank's TP is a hindrance that contains a simple fix, also I haven't seen how they work in a raid setting but if they're anything like the current party model it scares me.

I tried to leave out the petty shit that will more than likely be fixed with release or shortly after, but this is how I got unpolished.

You're my idol.
I don't think you made a single truthful statement in this entire post!

I'd check your internet for #1 I had spells immediately cancelling and def had instants going off instantly.

UI is one of the better ones around and is totally changeable. Only negative is they don't say how to resize the huds (when selected hit ctrl-home)

Except the giant green check mark on the zone and giant red circles or icons on were to go???

Hunters log is not incorrect it's just mobs can be found in multiple zones. So it recommends on area doesn't mean you can't find them in other locals as well. It's a HUNTERS log not a give me exact location of this mob on all maps log.

Teleport system is fine they're named after the town they link too. I'll give you Aethernet in towns needs cleaning up there a little different in each town but for most part are named after guild it's near.

Party ui works great... Multiple ways to see threat and health as well as there are health bars over each player in game world.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're going to post tweets, you need to include this one:

FINAL FANTASY XIV @FF_XIV_EN 10h
We have temporarily suspended the ability to redeem codes on the pre-order site while we continue to investigate the ongoing issues.

Also, regarding "lag," I know during the beta someone mentioned that they were getting hit by mob abilities even though they moved out of the red. Instead of looking at just the red on the ground, look at the top of your screen (unless you moved it) and you'll see the mobs have an ability bar. The bar will fill before the marker on the ground disappears. So if the bar fills and you're still in the red, but move out of the red before it disappears, you'll still get hit with the attack. It makes it appear that you've got some kind of lag, but it's really just that the ability bar and markers aren't linked up exactly. The marker on the ground matches up with the ability starting, and the animation starting. The bar syncs with the ability starting and hitting.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bear in mind while they do have the NA/EU datacenter in Quebec they don't have their development teams over there, they're still in Japan. Based on the twitter responses their work week is primarily M-F 6am-6pm JST (5pm-5am EST) so they likely had people stay after until midnight their time to administer the extended p4 end time. I wouldn't expect server or website fixes during the US day. Whichever nightshift team they have will investigate the problem, but just don't expect some implementation hotfix in the wee hours.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So. Is there an upgrade to the normal purchase to the CE? I probably want that cat mount.

Tanking. It seems to me that warriors will just be an off tank end game. Will be rolling Pally.
I swore I saw on the product site a upgrade button or something to that effect.

Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade** (Requires Base Game) is 19.99. It gives this additional notation:

** The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the "FFXIV Service Center" website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.
Please note that the base game is required to utilize the Collector's Edition digital upgrade.

reddit is working overtime manufacturing excuses for SE. This recent bullshit makes me not even want to play the game anymore. Are these really the people I want to give my billing information to
Lol sound exactly like the beta forums. Like I said there, then don't. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, dont do it. Do it by sub cards or prepaid or don't do it all. Less talk more action, but players are never about actions, just words.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Had my patience for Saturday in check until watching that vid. Sweet mother of god I cannot wait to see some of those zones first hand. Wonder how many were full party and how many were light.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Had my patience for Saturday in check until watching that vid. Sweet mother of god I cannot wait to see some of those zones first hand. Wonder how many were full party and how many were light.
Are servers down? I can't create a char because it says some bullshit about maintenance.