Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Those straight from the nVidia site?
Yeah, look for drivers then beta. Nvidia.com.

Also if you have the PS3 version. You can update your client. It will also prompt you to associate your PSN account to your Square account again - even if you did it previously. It is associating the early access code to your primary SE account. I got it all done then it takes you to login screen. Do it now before it gets hammered! Hopefully I'm all set to play on PC this weekend now as I was worried with my EA code only being for PS3.

Acronyms ftw.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
dunno if this was already posted or not, but the new nvidia beta drivers are giving me a nice ~10% performance increase in the benchmark.

scores with 326.41 drivers:

1080p @ max - 10073, avg. fps 89.27
1440p @ max - 6954, avg. fps 57.19

with new 326.80 drivers:

1080p @ max - 11439, avg. fps 104.223
1440p @ max - 7657, avg. fps 65.33
Are you running Korean 1440p (at 120 Hz, if it matters)? Apparently the 326.41 fix the issues with the cards not detecting certain Korean monitors. Will have to check on mine when I get home.

*edit: I meant to say 326.80 driver, I think the 326.41 was the one that was hosed for me.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So reading the last page or two, I should now hope I don't get that confirmation email as it might be a fucked up AE version ? Sigh.

My NA code worked fine yesterday , anyone else still in the boat where it seemed to work fine on both preorder pages with the correct region but still no email ? (been about 24 hours here)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
So reading the last page or two, I should now hope I don't get that confirmation email as it might be a fucked up AE version ? Sigh.

My NA code worked fine yesterday , anyone else still in the boat where it seemed to work fine on both preorder pages with the correct region but still no email ? (been about 24 hours here)
I received a confirmation email with a NA code but it went into my spam folder

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I received a confirmation email with a NA code but it went into my spam folder
Gmail says no such thing still , will check that link you posted thanks.

BTW hoping to get on Gilg this weekend for the guild , if not I'll be likely one of those rerolls moving over , as guessing I wont be the only one (or I'll gladly pay for a transfer if a such thing , a few weeks for now on there )

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I had a code from Amazon that doesn't match up with the key code I can enter in the link that Chysamere provided. Is this for the code that provides early access or for the actual product? I code I have started with 6 characters and it only lets me enter 4 in the first box.

Jesus Christ this entire thing is fucked up. At this point I'll try logging in on Saturday. If I can, I'll play. If not, I'll cancel the order and Square Enix needs to hire some fucking logistics employees that know what the hell they are doing.

This isn't that hard to do in 2013.

kahilm_sl

shitlord
Are you running Korean 1440p (at 120 Hz, if it matters)? Apparently the 326.41 fix the issues with the cards not detecting certain Korean monitors. Will have to check on mine when I get home.

*edit: I meant to say 326.80 driver, I think the 326.41 was the one that was hosed for me.
I am running a Shimian (Korean) 1440p monitor from ebay. Not 120hz. Never had a problem with it being detected by my GTX 680, though. The new beta drivers (326.80) just increase the performance in FFXIV a good amount.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone given a EU code that they cannot use due to region restrants and have now been given a the correct NA code, mind PMing me the EURO code?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just curious from people - what video cards are you using? I don't expect a video card as old as mine (4870 x2, or numbers close to that, heh) to get improvements with video card drivers anymore, but I didn't know if their unified driver architecture made it so it would still boost them.

Great thing is - I can still play the game at max rez with high settings (just no AA, a couple of things one notch down). I love that video card.
Those drivers I linked are for people with HD5xxx to HD7xxx GPUs. The HD4000 series has been moved to legacy status and the last drivers released were 13.4 beta, so you're out of luck as far as getting the latest game-specific driver optimizations.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I registered both the preorder and the 20-digit code late yesterday afternoon with zero issues and I assume I'm pre-registered (where do I go to check that?) but I haven't gotten any email from SE.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had a code from Amazon that doesn't match up with the key code I can enter in the link that Chysamere provided. Is this for the code that provides early access or for the actual product? I code I have started with 6 characters and it only lets me enter 4 in the first box.

Jesus Christ this entire thing is fucked up. At this point I'll try logging in on Saturday. If I can, I'll play. If not, I'll cancel the order and Square Enix needs to hire some fucking logistics employees that know what the hell they are doing.

This isn't that hard to do in 2013.
From amazon you enter the preorder code on the page you get to using the link in the email you got from amazon, then if it works, the ff site issues you another headstart code you then need to re-input on yet another page. Yeah, retarded, but what do you expect from japs?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I registered both the preorder and the 20-digit code late yesterday afternoon with zero issues and I assume I'm not pre-registered (where do I go to check that?) but I haven't gotten any email from SE.
You're likely good. It's taking 12-24 hours to get the email.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Got 7525 with these settings at 1680x1050 + Vorph's settings for the SMAA Injector on my GTX560 + I5-2500k @4400.

wVtvllU.png

Kind of wish I could get a new card and/or a new & bigger monitor. Still rocking my NEC 20WMGX2 20.1 incher.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks like I'm ready for early access.
smile.png

Any idea if the Coeurl Mount has some level requirements or any other requirement to be used?

Any idea how long it takes to go 20 to 30?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Got 7525 with these settings at 1680x1050 + Vorph's settings for the SMAA Injector on my GTX560 + I5-2500k @4400.

Kind of wish I could get a new card and/or a new & bigger monitor. Still rocking my NEC 20WMGX2 20.1 incher.
Why arent you rocking this shit out on your hdtv? Its just one HDMI cable away, lol. also I hear this shit runs good with controller. So yeah, wtf man?

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
It looks like I'm ready for early access.
smile.png

Any idea if the Coeurl Mount has some level requirements or any other requirement to be used?

Any idea how long it takes to go 20 to 30?
The website says you need to get the chocobo (level 20 and a quest or 2) before you can use the kitty mount.