Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How dare they introduce glorious amazonian waifu and then immediately kill her

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I found WHM very fun in dungeons but not solo levelling.

People want you to DPS on lower content but I just don't.

You can level two classes and switch to WHM or another healer for dungeons.

Holy is a better heal spell than everything in the cure line.

Can't take damage if everything is dead/stunned nerd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
What would be the suggestion on whatto take through the story then? If the end goal was to tank or heal, as i am not much of a DPS person?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does that actualy work in dungeons?

Yes? You can chain stun an infinitely large pack of mobs long enough that the DPS kills it all before it really even does anything.

There's some kind of built-in stun resistance the more you use it, but almost everything gets hit at least twice.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes? You can chain stun an infinitely large pack of mobs long enough that the DPS kills it all before it really even does anything.

There's some kind of built-in stun resistance the more you use it, but almost everything gets hit at least twice.
Ok I'll give it a go if I ever heal again. Focused on tanking right now.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What would be the suggestion on whatto take through the story then? If the end goal was to tank or heal, as i am not much of a DPS person?
Tanks are boring in the rotation department - but outside of that, you can solo anything you need to without fear of dying. You get almost instant duty finder queues etc. Healers too, but tanks do more damage so its quicker.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Milfinias titties make no sense. Actually, her entire outfit makes no fucking sense

Capture.PNG

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Started leveling a Bard. I'm kinda of sick of my BLM. The freedom of movement the Bard has is so liberating. lol

I'm still going to take my BLM to 80 first, but I might main the Bard instead. I want to try out some other jobs first though. I still want to try Dragoon, Summoner, and Red Mage. Maybe Monk and Dance too. The job system in this game is so great.

Goonsquad Officer
There are some good, and curt, recaps of arr if anyone does end up skipping. It can sum up the story so the later, better stories make sense.

I dont understand the complaint about story being single player. Basically all storytelling is singeplaywr in video games and certainly mmos. Doing death matches or chain dungeon or raiding isn't the story. What mmo tells a final fantasy style story for lots of people st once? How does that work?

Goonsquad Officer
Milfinias titties make no sense. Actually, her entire outfit makes no fucking sense

View attachment 358548
Yea her outfit is super strange on the coloration....belts..... boob wrangling... just everything.

My favorite stupid outfit piece is lyse's belt for a neck piece in stormblood. Maybe she is into the old choke and stroke.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Started leveling a Bard. I'm kinda of sick of my BLM. The freedom of movement the Bard has is so liberating. lol

I'm still going to take my BLM to 80 first, but I might main the Bard instead. I want to try out some other jobs first though. I still want to try Dragoon, Summoner, and Red Mage. Maybe Monk and Dance too. The job system in this game is so great.

As good as BLM is at DPS at max level etc. It's such an annoying pain in the ass to play effectively, and honestly isn't fun compared to the other dps thanks to the amount of moving is required in bosses as you advance. Personally, I'd almost recommend shelving it for another one or it may leave a bad taste in your mouth. My first character was BLM and I started hating soloing even just a few zones into Stormblood. I swapped to another DPS (SAM in particular) and it was like an entirely new game as far as gameplay.

But as you said, the perks of the job system is you can change up whenever you want just BLM was so bad for me it made me dislike the game for unfair reasons when it was just the job's playstyle. I was so glad to have it done and move on to the other jobs.

• 1Dislike

Cybsled

There are some good, and curt, recaps of arr if anyone does end up skipping. It can sum up the story so the later, better stories make sense

Even if you skip ARR story, you still need to watch the 2.4 and onward cutscenes at that table in the inn vs just watching a cliff notes recap. You’ll lose a lot of the impact otherwise and be confused as fuck starting HW

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've shelved my BLM for a bit to pull up 2-3 other classes to the same level. After playing a few other jobs, I see they are a bit of a pain. But the black mage has been my favorite character, going back to the first NES game. So I think nostalgia is going to win out in the end.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've only spent maybe 2 hours total on red mage, but I really like the flow of their DPS combined with the sprinkling of RNG to keep you on your toes about which spells to cast next.

Malakriss

View attachment 358548
If you buy her attire off the mogstation it actually overrides your character's bust size. One of a few examples where the devs using an armor piece to modify character model values to something you can't do through customization. Sadly, it's undyable and blocks hands, legs, and feet slots as well.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you buy her attire off the mogstation it actually overrides your character's bust size. One of a few examples where the devs using an armor piece to modify character model values to something you can't do through customization. Sadly, it's undyable and blocks hands, legs, and feet slots as well.

Wait, you mean it'll give me huge, male dragon-kin titties?

SHUT-UP-AND-TAKE-MY-MONEY.jpg