Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tol_sl

shitlord
Seems like people still haven't learned how to not stand in bad shit.

Cycled through about 10 different people doing the Cutter dungeon yesterday afternoon. Every single one of them died multiple times every pull on the sandworm boss, even after I repeatedly explaining the (completely obvious and in no way surprising) mechanics. Sand shooting up out of the ground ready to give you an enema? Better stand in it. Vortex pulling you into the middle where the boss pops back out and shits all over you? Better not run away from it!

I really feel like they were a lot worse than I remember players being back even at WoW launch. Console players playing their first MMO or something? I dunno.
I always forget that the primary challenge of MMOs is dealing with the Timmys. I was in the turtle guildhest yesterday and the tank and I were yelling at the two dps classes to stop killing the fucking turtle. I even stopped healing them in hopes they would die before we lost the instance, but they managed to keep alive with potions and killed it before we managed to burn down the adds.

For fucks sake, the game even basically gives you a popup that says, "STOP HITTING IT YOU GODDAMN MORON" when it hits like 10% and they still don't know what to do. It's like bottom 70% of MMO players are just terrible beyond words, and the 20% above them barely manage to dps while staying out of the fire.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
sigh, I wanted to login for just a min before work to check if I could get an ifrit group, too bad..

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Excalibur's online and has been for over 24 hours without a restart. I just logged out to reboot and back in to the game with no issues as well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
FUUUUUU. Gonna be a pain in the ass to log back in after work.
I may have just been lucky, but I got home from work and had few problems. I tried logging on at 4:30pm PDT, and got in the first try. Had to relog due to a bug (explained below) and it took me less than 5 minutes to get back on. I'd say the problems have mostly been fixed. It's still a pain in the ass and a queue would be awesome, but I wasn't sitting there for hours trying to log on.

As for my bug, I was leveling my alt classes and had my battle chocobo out. Well, it died. Apparently when it dies it doesn't auto-drop from your group. Not really sure why. It had died once before and I tried resummoning and that caused it to de-spawn. The second time, it was dead and in my group and I went back to a city. Tried to withdraw it and it said I couldn't do that. Left the city and still nothing. Eventually just did a /leave and it killed the "group." I then tried leveling ACN and when I summoned my pet, noticed that the pet was the only one in the group. So apparently it somehow bugged me out where all group members weren't showing up. So lesson learned: If your battle chocobo dies, do whatever you can to get it to despawn before doing anything else. Otherwise you have to relog and smash through some 1017's.

Also, you fuckers made Yoshida cry.

skylan_sl

shitlord
Apparently the JP servers got a bit congested and there was an immediate message that more servers would be brought online by next week. Sweet customer service, unless you live in the US.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Anyone have a link or just breakdown of what to vendor and what to keep from drops ?
I'm clueless ATM on what I should sell in my bags early on.
Sorta at that stage where you are like "fuck, I wonder if I'm selling something that would go x100 on the auction house vs the vendor price".

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Everything sells for fuck all except the little tin thing quest rewards. I've just been dumping all the tradeskill shit / materia on my Retainer until I worry about it later.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Keep or broker any crafting materials.
Use your food.
Sell any allaghan pieces.
Sell any equipment you won't use on any classes you don't plan on leveling up.
If you have any 100% spiritbound equipment that you would otherwise sell, convert it into materia.

Think that covers everything.

Calroon_sl

shitlord
Apparently the JP servers got a bit congested and there was an immediate message that more servers would be brought online by next week. Sweet customer service, unless you live in the US.
Yea well. This is how it usually works being in the EU when a US company runs the show.
Glad we're in the same boat now, eh?

Budrick

Molten Core Raider
Trying to see on the Lodestone if it says I'm still online but I don't know where the hell it is displayed.
Thats why I have a VPN tunnel to my home firewall from work so I can simply RDP into my machine and check.
smile.png

spronk

FPS noob
Ok thanks - was wondering if I was the only one hoarding the shit and planning on figuring it out later.
at around 25 you get 2 retainers and they each have 176 inventory slots, so for now you can just dump allllllll your shit into them and deal with it later. There is also some inventory in the inn I think. Its pretty fucked up how fast your bags start filling up with so much ... stuff.

The CE gives you a cat (coelaoueraoerl) mount, some rando pet, and another barding for your chocobo. If you are into that shit then its worth $20, if not probably not. 90 days of subs gives you an eyeball mount, although I can't figure out how to prepay 90 days and get it today instead of waiting 90 days. Good job Square, don't take my money.

Pretty much all NA/EU servers are locked for character creation so, interesting launch day.

bayr_sl

shitlord
That must be how long it takes for them to requisition NA and EU servers and ship them to JP to alleviate their congestion

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok thanks - was wondering if I was the only one hoarding the shit and planning on figuring it out later.
Nope. My first retainer is almost completely filled. My second one is basically old equipment right now. But it'll soon be filling with crafting materials too.

That's partly the reason I've started leveling up all my classes, is to get rid of old shit. I'm doing adventurer classes right now. Once I get my THM to 10, I can dump all my sub-10 gear. It'll be awesome. I still need to pick up 3 crafting classes, so I'll probably wait a bit on that.

Another plus side to leveling all my lower levels is that I can use my battle chocobo more often and actually level it. It's at rank 2 at the moment, but once I get some actual time to play (this weekend) I can hopefully make some good progress.

Just got my air ship pass
smile.png
. btw throughout the day ill randomly log out and try to make a char on gilga, still no luck
frown.png

this is the internet so its hard to get the tone of most of my posts but yesterday i wasnt attempting to troll anyone. yes i did call some people whiney bitches but that was only to counter their attempts at saying i was blindly white knighting, anyway hope everyone that was frustrated is now in a better mood.

as for CONJ being hard. the last storyline instance wasnt hard but i did come close to losing. the fight before you fight the black mage, where you have to fight off the birdmen but you have to keep that archer alive. ya that was close lol. thank god i started DPSing from the start or we would have not made it (was going to just heal everyone.)

love this game pals. seriously a+ so far.