Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Menion_sl

shitlord
If you mouse over the abilities they will tell you which classes can use them. Most of my Gladiator abilities are GLD/PAL with a smattering of abilities that appear to be used across multiple classes.

Edit:

So, I am a bit confused on obtaining Jobs and which skills carry over. As of last night my main is a 30 GLD/15 CNJ. Once I hit level 30 I went back to my GLD class trainer and was given my latest class quest. I ended up going to bed before I completed this quest. However, once I finish the level 30 GLD class quest I will get a Job quest from the same NPC to become a Paladin? At that point do I retain all of my base classs GLD skills and start getting new Paladin skills? Or do I only get the GLD skills that I equip as cross skills?

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you mouse over the abilities they will tell you which classes can use them. Most of my Gladiator abilities are GLD/PAL with a smattering of abilities that appear to be used across multiple classes.
Good to know, I'm not able to check in game atm so i figured i'd ask.
I found that site that lists them all for each class so i'm happy with that

If nobody adds you by the time i get home I will Angry

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Edit:

So, I am a bit confused on obtaining Jobs and which skills carry over. As of last night my main is a 30 GLD/15 CNJ. Once I hit level 30 I went back to my GLD class trainer and was given my latest class quest. I ended up going to bed before I completed this quest. However, once I finish the level 30 GLD class quest I will get a Job quest from the same NPC to become a Paladin? At that point do I retain all of my base classs GLD skills and start getting new Paladin skills? Or do I only get the GLD skills that I equip as cross skills?
Yes, once you complete your level 30 class quest, you'll get a follow up job quest from the same NPC. He'll send you to another NPC who will become your PLD job trainer. You'll do a quest with him and that'll give you your shard. Once you equip it, it'll wipe most of your skills unless they're cross class (or set up on your cross class hotbars). As far as I know, you'll only get job skills from doing job trainer quests, but I'm not sure about that part.

Budrick

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_41753.png

This sums it all up I think.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Has anyone found where you can get the CE upgrade, and provide a link? I just can't find it.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone found where you can get the CE upgrade, and provide a link? I just can't find it.
I had similar problems because the stupid email they send doesn't really specify what to do. With your CE email, there should be a 20 digit code (This was a CE purchased directly from SE but I think the process is the same regardless). You have to log on to square's official site, go to account management and click add platform (I think, sorry, i'm at work and can't remember the entire process because it was convoluted and fucking retarded) then they allow you to add your 20 digit CE code and update your account once you've entered your CC number for your subscription. Then the items are available at the Post Moogle in game.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saw a few people offering, but want to get the wife the game, and she doesn't have any account at all already.

Please PM me if you have an extra CE code you'd be willing to sell for $20. Will Paypal it over. Thanks.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, anybody having trouble questing/levelling into their 40's? I'm 1/3 of the way to 44 (so 43 atm) - all out of quests, all hunting logs done, all dungeons done, etc.... next quest round doesn't start until 44. Fate grind is my only option I guess? I've read its the same in a few more levels... maybe they should have let us test end game for them afterall, ha.

misery_sl

shitlord
Also, anybody having trouble questing/levelling into their 40's? I'm 1/3 of the way to 44 (so 43 atm) - all out of quests, all hunting logs done, all dungeons done, etc.... next quest round doesn't start until 44. Fate grind is my only option I guess? I've read its the same in a few more levels... maybe they should have let us test end game for them afterall, ha.
The woes of rushing to end game. To make matters worse it's Square Enix.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone re-link the form that needs to be filled out to fix account issues where I registered my game code to a new service account, instead of adding it to the existing one?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Really basic question I know , but when do you get your cross class ability hotbar or unlock slots ? As in I'm 15 on my arc , been doing some fishing also , but haven't done another adventure class yet but have done the story quest to the point where it tells me I can do that now.
Would x class buttons/slots become available once I start another class or that something that comes along later in levels?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I had similar problems because the stupid email they send doesn't really specify what to do. With your CE email, there should be a 20 digit code (This was a CE purchased directly from SE but I think the process is the same regardless). You have to log on to square's official site, go to account management and click add platform (I think, sorry, i'm at work and can't remember the entire process because it was convoluted and fucking retarded) then they allow you to add your 20 digit CE code and update your account once you've entered your CC number for your subscription. Then the items are available at the Post Moogle in game.
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I only own the standard edition. Where can I buy the upgrade to the CE. I see the ability to purchase the CE outright. Just not the upgrade anywhere.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I have a second regular edition code if anyone wants it for $20. Wife did not want to play it so I need to get rid of it has not been associated with an account.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Really basic question I know , but when do you get your cross class ability hotbar or unlock slots ? As in I'm 15 on my arc , been doing some fishing also , but haven't done another adventure class yet but have done the story quest to the point where it tells me I can do that now.
Would x class buttons/slots become available once I start another class or that something that comes along later in levels?
Well Im still a noob as well but I had a lv 17 Gladiator and I switched to a Marauder and it let me have 1 skill. I am now 17 marauder and can take up to 3 skills from the Gladiator.