Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is the board fc active? I'm abandoned on Exodus and not sure if I should transfer or just set down roots with an fc here.
It started a few weeks ago and we have 12 members who have all logged in within the last day.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think one thing they really do need to look at changing is MCH/AST/DRK class access. It's kind of crappy that they are locked behind opening up HW. They learned their lesson later on with SAM, RDM, GNB, and DNC, but I do hope at some point they look to maybe retool those class quests so you aren't MSQ locked from picking them
Probably not. They are all based in Foundation.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1627999527509.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sadly only a handful of the step's from Zodiac/Anima can be done via blu, the rest you need to have the weapon equip'd for the last boss for the growth too happen.. I'm not even sure blu can enter Eureka, 100% know they can't enter Bozja.
Can't do Eureka sadly, I think they don't want everyone to play BLU in there and have ppl without BLU whine about stuff dying too fast and whatever. It sucks cause BLU would be nice to farm this old content with.

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK White Scrips are not as bad as I thought. 50 Blacksmith Axes turned in and I have full 500 Crafting Gear/Tools. Made a rotation for gathering timed nodes like someone suggested (thanks!) and I have 500 accessories and secondary tool already from two loops, so that'll be finished tonight.

Probably going to take the rest of the crafting jobs from 77-80 with weekly deliveries and daily dwarf quests, but tempted to just make some yellow script turnins to get it done. Got some fishing to do too.

I think my next step is going to be crafting some low level gear and levelling all the jobs in batches, I can come back to if I need pentamelded BIS to craft lv80 gear later on.

Has anyone levelled all the combat jobs and has any tips? I did a little Red Mage lv50-55 and found it fairly slow, do I need to use those company NPCs in dungeons with me when levelling DPS?

Juvarisx

Florida
Red Mage felt like dragoon for me, dogshit until 70, there is just too many skills and traits locked until around then its a super fun class at 80. As for leveling classes, unlock PoTD 51-60 and run your alt classes through it over and over to level them, since class gear and weapons dont matter in there only aetherpool levels its pretty fast.

The non tedious way is this. For DPS it'll be do your daily roulette bonuses > PotD 1-60, HoH 61-70 then highest level dungeon to 80. You are probably better off doing Roulette as tank / healer if there are bonuses.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Red Mage felt like dragoon for me, dogshit until 70, there is just too many skills and traits locked until around then its a super fun class at 80. As for leveling classes, unlock PoTD 51-60 and run your alt classes through it over and over to level them, since class gear and weapons dont matter in there only aetherpool levels its pretty fast.

The non tedious way is this. For DPS it'll be do your daily roulette bonuses > PotD 1-60, HoH 61-70 then highest level dungeon to 80. You are probably better off doing Roulette as tank / healer if there are bonuses.

Bozja/Zadnor from 71-80(The exp in there is disgusting once you've cleared Dalradia)

You can use the Grand Company trusts till about mid-50's(but it slows down fast once there, sense you're largely limited on what dungeons you can run, everyone is hoping that with Endwalker they will expand the GC trusts like the Scion Trusts system)

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PotD is painful 50-60, but it's still better than most things. HoH/beast tribes 60-70, 70-80 you can do Bozja at 71, pixie quests are silly exp for 3 super easy quests a day. Main Scenario every day isn't bad if you put on some Netflix while Praetorium happens.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
PotD is painful 50-60, but it's still better than most things. HoH/beast tribes 60-70, 70-80 you can do Bozja at 71, pixie quests are silly exp for 3 super easy quests a day. Main Scenario every day isn't bad if you put on some Netflix while Praetorium happens.
Yeah once I figured out how to keep an eye on FF14 while watching a tv show I've actually come to prefer Praetorium over Castrum.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I finally started playing this, and I'm having fun so far. It's very overwhelming playing a new MMO for the first time, so I'm taking it slow. I'm level 9 so far. I'm looking forward to later on when the combat gets more involved, right now it's basically cast a dot, then nuke, rinse/repeat. I'm not even sure if the dot is needed, it doesn't do much damage at all. I've read some stuff how different classes rotations work, and it sounds exciting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Bozja/Zadnor from 71-80(The exp in there is disgusting once you've cleared Dalradia)

I leveled GNB from 71-80 in Bozja. Am just getting started on the “second one time grind” for resistance weapon, and am kicking myself for not having another job up to 71 for this Zandor grind. Probably going to put the resistance weapon on hold for a day or two so I can take RDM from 60-71.

Does something change in Zandor after clearing Dalradia? Or is it just that dal gives so much exp? The exp was great while leveling GNB, I’m just curious how it’s better afrer Dalradia?

Its pretty cool that you can level a job while progressing the relic for a different job. Right now I’m trying to finish my first resistance weapon, but I plan on leveling a few more jobs before Endwalkers, and doing another relic if possible.

Juvarisx

Florida
I finally started playing this, and I'm having fun so far. It's very overwhelming playing a new MMO for the first time, so I'm taking it slow. I'm level 9 so far. I'm looking forward to later on when the combat gets more involved, right now it's basically cast a dot, then nuke, rinse/repeat. I'm not even sure if the dot is needed, it doesn't do much damage at all. I've read some stuff how different classes rotations work, and it sounds exciting.

Few things I wish I knew when I started (started early May)

1. Level atleast 2 classes at the start
2. Pick between Mining or Botany or do both as early as you can
3. Pick up every profession as you run into them and start on them early
4. DONT SKIP CUTSCENES or you ill be very lost, this game brings back characters from earlier expansions constantly
5. If you see a blue unlock quest icon do it (unless its for a job you are not interested in), they always unlock something useful and every single thing is locked in this game be it dyes, melds, disenchanting, dungeons, raids etc
6. When you hit 50 start on the Ixal beast tribe to give your professions a boost, you unlock 12 very fast if you just focus on them, and they boost profession xp hard up to 50.
7. Moogle (50-60), Namazu (60-70) and Dwarf (70-80) are other profession beast tribes, I feel they are most important do after Ixal, it will save you a lot of time and gil doing them as whatever profession needs a boost.

Crafting in this game is not like WoW, multiple professions are needed to craft single items so it helps to have em all and its the main gil generator in this game

But most importantly, take your time, this game is 100% about the journey.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
What the fuck are these Fishing Leves? I just levelled from 20 to 55 in a few minutes buying cheap fish off the market. The repeat turnins and HQ double exp are insane when they give 1-3 levels by default.

The quest fish are not cheap though and these baits are really confusing... looks like I'm going to level it to 80 tomorrow and hope that makes the quests easier.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I leveled GNB from 71-80 in Bozja. Am just getting started on the “second one time grind” for resistance weapon, and am kicking myself for not having another job up to 71 for this Zandor grind. Probably going to put the resistance weapon on hold for a day or two so I can take RDM from 60-71.

Does something change in Zandor after clearing Dalradia? Or is it just that dal gives so much exp? The exp was great while leveling GNB, I’m just curious how it’s better afrer Dalradia?

Its pretty cool that you can level a job while progressing the relic for a different job. Right now I’m trying to finish my first resistance weapon, but I plan on leveling a few more jobs before Endwalkers, and doing another relic if possible.

Once you Finish Dalradia and the story you get +bonus EXP, cause SE actually cares about ppl who level mutiple classes, unlike some companies...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Ocean fishing is good xp, also if any leves involve spear fishing it's super easy to get a +attempt or +HQ node and farm them. No bait required.

Merrith

What the fuck are these Fishing Leves? I just levelled from 20 to 55 in a few minutes buying cheap fish off the market. The repeat turnins and HQ double exp are insane when they give 1-3 levels by default.

The quest fish are not cheap though and these baits are really confusing... looks like I'm going to level it to 80 tomorrow and hope that makes the quests easier.

HQ triple turn in leves are the best things ever.