Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If you just jumped into susano extreme from boost i can imagine it would make your brain shut down.
That's the "good" thing about the slow combat progression from 1 to 50, and getting you acquainted with necessary mechanics and its consistent visual cues. Every non-sprout knows what this is:
youlose.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
boost.jpg

Does Tsukuyomi. Plays Red Mage. Does not cast, runs up to adds to melee them.

EDIT: Dies to Lunar Eclipse, ignores line up marker, let's other DD die.
pte-10.gif

Chris

Potato del Grande
I tuned in to Naguura on Twitch while she was finalizing her FFXIV character for Limit Max's "we do some raiding in FFXIV and show those weebs how it's done" project. After character creation she immediately bought a story skip and boosted a Red Mage, and I tuned out.

After four and a half hours of this I took another look, and she is still at that training dummy in Summerford trying to figure out her abilities and rotation. This is after Twitch chat told her to go there for "training dummies", because why go to the ones right out of the door in Ul'dah where she started as a Thaumaturge.

I guess those WoW "raiders" deserve their Twitch fanbase.
These people are retarded and deserve to fail.

Do they not see the sheer amount of content and views Asmongold is getting by just reading out all the quest text and intentionally misreading the names? I was also surprised to see him do the ARR raids while he was lv50, he's farming the game of all it's worth.

If they think their audience is raid only, what they could do is buy the story skip for a secondary class and then level a main from Lv1 in a small group doing FATES and Dungeons.

Also Red Mage starts at 50 and it took me a bit of practice to figure out the rotation even at that level... on lv50 mobs in Coerthas Western Highlands... not a fucking target dummy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure you'd need to do ng+ (for zero xp) for another job if you bought the skip. That or roll an alt. The skip marks the entire questline as complete from what I know.

Juvarisx

Florida

Do they not see the sheer amount of content and views Asmongold is getting by just reading out all the quest text and intentionally misreading the names? I was also surprised to see him do the ARR raids while he was lv50, he's farming the game of all it's worth.

If they think their audience is raid only, what they could do is buy the story skip for a secondary class and then level a main from Lv1 in a small group doing FATES and Dungeons.

Also Red Mage starts at 50 and it took me a bit of practice to figure out the rotation even at that level... on lv50 mobs in Coerthas Western Highlands... not a fucking target dummy.

Watching Asmon do Thrornmarch, completely underestimating it then getting deleted once the Moogles came out was fucking gold

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure you'd need to do ng+ (for zero xp) for another job if you bought the skip. That or roll an alt. The skip marks the entire questline as complete from what I know.
No I mean level an alt job the regular way, no story.

The skip only levels one class.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Eh on learning new classes part, I do just go to dummies when I unlock a new class. Or well, first I spend some time reading every skill carefully and putting them on my bars in the way I feel they're gonna be used, then do dummy to confirm how the skills function. Then I pre-plan all my skills position on my bar so I don't have to move stuff around as I level(if I see a good/main rotation skill a few levels later I leave an easy to reach slot for it etc). Overall tends to take 15-20mins or so. After that I just go, the classes aren't that complicated imo, I'll figure optimization later, but I don't like just going for quests with stuff not properly setup and trying to read skills mid fight and what not.

And technically while there's one outside Uldah and she might have been there, the Summerford one is right next to the teleport so it's easy to access especially if she moved inbetween(you have to be inside Uldah to use a boost iirc, so might have been faster to go to Summerford than run outside).

Ultimately not sure what point they're trying to prove though, unless they plan on doing blind progression, obviously if you follow all the guides you're gonna progress much faster than the "weebs" did and if you're top tier wow raiders you'll definitely progress faster than random pubs and shit but that kinda doesn't mean anything. Unless they're planning on world first(and even savage world firsts tend to not mean shit, it's ultimate that poses a real challenge and next one is in like over 6months). It's not like XIV raiding is that hard, fucking paint sniffers clear savage in pubs like week 2 or 3.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another good reason to do PotD for leveling classes to 60 is that in getting to floor 50 (and after floors 51-60 which you just chain run for exp), you "level" whatever class within PotD to 60, which lets you learn their abilities and rotations as you're chain running the 51-60 floors for exp.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also if anyone needs the lvl50 unlock for PoTD and are on Crystal, just hit me up I've gotten it down too about 3hours too get there(You also need floor 50 PoTD too unlock HoH.)

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing this about a month and a half now and really enjoying it. I have a question on best use of the road to 70 buff. My main is Scholar and I'm 73, mainly just doing daily duty roulette (leveling samurai on MSQ). Should I continue to do the roulette's on the Scholar and push for 80 or switch to other classes? Also when should I knock out the trade skill classes? It seems like its a good idea to use the road to 70 buff on all of those. I'm halfway through HW msq now.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I've been playing this about a month and a half now and really enjoying it. I have a question on best use of the road to 70 buff. My main is Scholar and I'm 73, mainly just doing daily duty roulette (leveling samurai on MSQ). Should I continue to do the roulette's on the Scholar and push for 80 or switch to other classes? Also when should I knock out the trade skill classes? It seems like its a good idea to use the road to 70 buff on all of those. I'm halfway through HW msq now.
Personally I'd say finish MSQ, get to 80 on one job that can kill quick enough to where you're happy (smn/sch would be a decent alternative since you can swap back and forth and they level at the same time)

Once you're finished with MSQ, you can grind up other jobs to 70 with the huge boost before it drops if you're feeling like a completionist. I miss my road to 70 so I always regret not doing more with it but I personally feel MSQ should be priority for story and unlocks.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Chris

Potato del Grande
No point being lv80 when you only have lv55 stuff unlocked.

It's a good use of the bonus exp fron roulettes though to have a second lv80 ready for when you finish the Shadowbringers MSQ.

You'll probably be able to raise a third and fourth class with this method.

So I'd continue doing what you are doing and once Scholar is 80 switch your roulette class to something else. Gunbreaker starts at lv60 for example.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

ff14classes.png

and thats without road to 70. god id kill for road to 70.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, if you have pre-ordered endwalker, you'll get an earring that will work up to level 80 with 30% xp boost. If you're planning on going the distance, I would get that so you can level faster in the Shadowbringers content. Not that there's any reason to rush; it's all great.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks to the two guys who helped me do Aquapolis earlier when it procced off my treasure map. Crazy how we finished it first tine with three people!

Tried Eureka, did the challenge log and got lv15.

Is it best just to do challenge log once a week or is there a way to level that isn't farming single mobs?

Also if I want the glowy Elemental Armor, do I need to level up a relic weapon?

Cybsled

I never bothered with Eureka, but my understanding was doing challenge log til around 15, then joining notorious monster trains.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Thanks to the two guys who helped me do Aquapolis earlier when it procced off my treasure map. Crazy how we finished it first tine with three people!

Tried Eureka, did the challenge log and got lv15.

Is it best just to do challenge log once a week or is there a way to level that isn't farming single mobs?

Also if I want the glowy Elemental Armor, do I need to level up a relic weapon?

Luck is the best superpower.

I believe glowy armor comes from Eureka and you don't have to complete it to get the armor, you can stop short of the final step for the relic weapon. However, you will have to level up the weapon somewhat, as you need to get it to a certain stage to allow you to progress with the quests.

Fate farming + Challenge log.

Juvarisx

Florida
It depends on your ability to stay sane grinding mobs. I didn't find it bad and I doubt a lot of people here would either because a) its a lot easier then it used to be and b) we all played EQ. Im personally just doing challenge log since I don't have unlimited time, but if you finish the log, then fate trains are the way to go.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m just outside heavensward, but I’m going back to piddle on some other classes to not waste so much xp. Trying a bard now. Have a summoner in 30’s. What else? I’ll probably do dark knight because I have a hardon for Cecil in ff4. No homo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I’m just outside heavensward, but I’m going back to piddle on some other classes to not waste so much xp. Trying a bard now. Have a summoner in 30’s. What else? I’ll probably do dark knight because I have a hardon for Cecil in ff4. No homo.
Dark Knight is worth doing just for the job quests. Also kinda ended up my favorite tank in ShB, because I like lazy tanking and DRK is real fucking lazy, more so than my previous go to, Paladin.

• 1Like