Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I got it eventually heh... was just annoying. Its not even a terribly difficult fight, but it does have some "if you are fucking braindead you die instantly" mechanics.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoy crafting and gathering w/ my 360 controller hooked up, but I find it too annoying fighting stuff with it. Doesn't seem terribly intuitive.... but I'm probably just a baddie.

This is my position- i need to get someone to tell me how to fix the targeting on the controller (and whatever else helps ACN or SMN). I just feel much more in control with kb/mouse right now. but there is nothing better than laying back on my couch and playing an MMO via TV with my keyboard(optional) and controller for casual gaming

This is my position- i need to get someone to tell me how to fix the targeting on the controller (and whatever else helps ACN or SMN). I just feel much more in control with kb/mouse right now. but there is nothing better than laying back on my couch and playing an MMO via TV with my keyboard(optional) and controller for casual gaming
you know about the different targetting settings? on ps3 you hold down L1 and push the 4 buttons. like l1 + triange sets targetting to all, one sets to friends, one set to enemies, ect. i believe you can edit them as well but so far havent needed too. only problem i have is trying to heal people in the big FATEs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You need a bard!

I'm kind of running into the same problem. The fast group of us has already surpassed most of the content. Then there's a group of us in the 30's and 40's who are struggling with shitty PUG's trying to get through the story quest. I dislike that I get stuck on progressing the story quest due to dungeons.

Yesterday I did 4 levels of FATE grind, but I'd like to avoid that if possible and only do it on alt classes.

Saban_sl

shitlord
You need a bard!

I'm kind of running into the same problem. The fast group of us has already surpassed most of the content. Then there's a group of us in the 30's and 40's who are struggling with shitty PUG's trying to get through the story quest. I dislike that I get stuck on progressing the story quest due to dungeons.

Yesterday I did 4 levels of FATE grind, but I'd like to avoid that if possible and only do it on alt classes.
just got a party with 2 bards, we will see how it goes.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont mind helping people on story quests at all and some people like Censura helped tank for others yesterday as well. It would be nice if more higher end people (esp healers) helped us push the lower people past the dungeons for story tonight.

Whoever needed the Garuda and Infrit fight I'll be happy to dps for you and help out, Krassus Elegua in game.

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya, I got it eventually heh... was just annoying. Its not even a terribly difficult fight, but it does have some "if you are fucking braindead you die instantly" mechanics.
So how did you avoid the insta-kill AE mechanic? We had to use Censura's tank limit break.

This is after the rock hiding stuff.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how did you avoid the insta-kill AE mechanic? We had to use Censura's tank limit break.

The is after the rock hiding stuff.
Remember we talked about missing a mechanic? We were only in there 5 minutes so we didnt really study it, we cheesed it =p

They tanked her on the side against the very edge and no pillars ever got destroyed. Also using a warrior tank they can AE the feathers dead when they pop on her.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
just got a party with 2 bards, we will see how it goes.
Not really sure you need 2 bards. Even if one were doing MP song and the other TP, the TP one is wasted since you don't have a DPSer that needs it.

I think the ideal party right now is going to be PLD, WHM, BRD, and BLM. Ranged dps seem to be a bit superior right now.

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
Remember we talked about missing a mechanic? We were only in there 5 minutes so we didnt really study it, we cheesed it =p

They tanked her on the side against the very edge and no pillars ever got destroyed. Also using a warrior tank they can AE the feathers dead when they pop on her.
Ah so you can still hide then, since the rocks are still there.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Not really sure you need 2 bards. Even if one were doing MP song and the other TP, the TP one is wasted since you don't have a DPSer that needs it.

I think the ideal party right now is going to be PLD, WHM, BRD, and BLM. Ranged dps seem to be a bit superior right now.
I'm running into serious mana issues as a WHM. I'd swap a scholar in for that personally. Better AOE heals.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah so you can still hide then, since the rocks are still there.
They said all 4 rocks were up and fully intact using their method. Our method worked because of the limit break and our dps, you are one of the few people who hits 80-90+ dps at our levels that i've grouped with.