Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Is there a way to click items to sell to a vendor? Everything I've tried either requires me to drag or right click and select use. Even sending everything to a retainer and having them sell it is a chore.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Whm any good for it? I started as summoner but I'm kinda liking whm and the insta queue is a nice bonus.
Doesn't matter. Palace of the Dead has your job start at lv1, so you can play whatever you want as long as the job is unlocked.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
E9ZuqDuWYAc49Y-.jpg

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
GW2 should have been an empty seat.

Game would have been dead and in the grave long ago if it wasn't free.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Machinist seems like a terrible choice for potd solo.
MCH is actually the strongest class in potd currently, although it is somewhat harder to learn than RDM but has many advantages over it. The main issue with MCH is Behemoth, which is noticeably harder than on RDM since you can't heal, but you make up for that by having a much easier time in the deep floors since you can fight more stuff with less buffs and kill them faster. Some things you'd need Steel for, wolves for example, a MCH can kill with just Strength, you sprint right before pulling, kite until sprint is off then use the role slow, and usually you'll kill the wolf before it runs out. This is huge because it gives them a lot more flexibility on what to kill on certain floors as well as let them keep poms for bosses in case you're not lucky.

Even though RDM was for so long the only class to clear potd, MCH has overtaken it in terms of clears.

That said it requires a fairly different skillset than usual, since so much is kiting, so it's not for everybody, and RDM's healing still let you do fuck up stuff and sometimes recover anyway.

Whm any good for it? I started as summoner but I'm kinda liking whm and the insta queue is a nice bonus.
Not for soloing. For grouping and leveling and stuff sure any class is fine, people do 51-60 then reset, it's good xp for the time it takes and queues more or less instantly on every class(since it doesn't try to make balanced parties since you don't need a tank/healer for it). But for soloing, healers and tanks are pretty ass in potd. Tanks are good in HoH but healers still suck at that one. The lack of damage is too much of a problem for soloing.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He was more mad at himself than the game. He saw where he went wrong with hindsight and admitted his nerves got to him on the floor he died.

I can understand panic brain - you forget obviously shit

edit: MCH is great because kiting is much easier and skills have instant cast times. You get snares and interrupts as well. The only thing RDM has over it is a gap escape and self heal via spell
You can see dudes on youtube do it with most classes. Seems all classes are capable of it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
MCH is actually the strongest class in potd currently, although it is somewhat harder to learn than RDM but has many advantages over it. The main issue with MCH is Behemoth, which is noticeably harder than on RDM since you can't heal, but you make up for that by having a much easier time in the deep floors since you can fight more stuff with less buffs and kill them faster. Some things you'd need Steel for, wolves for example, a MCH can kill with just Strength, you sprint right before pulling, kite until sprint is off then use the role slow, and usually you'll kill the wolf before it runs out. This is huge because it gives them a lot more flexibility on what to kill on certain floors as well as let them keep poms for bosses in case you're not lucky.

Even though RDM was for so long the only class to clear potd, MCH has overtaken it in terms of clears.

That said it requires a fairly different skillset than usual, since so much is kiting, so it's not for everybody, and RDM's healing still let you do fuck up stuff and sometimes recover anyway.

Not for soloing. For grouping and leveling and stuff sure any class is fine, people do 51-60 then reset, it's good xp for the time it takes and queues more or less instantly on every class(since it doesn't try to make balanced parties since you don't need a tank/healer for it). But for soloing, healers and tanks are pretty ass in potd. Tanks are good in HoH but healers still suck at that one. The lack of damage is too much of a problem for soloing.
when you start kiting how often do you get raped by stuff that spawned in behind you? lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
All classes are possible, but you need too know the class in and out if you want too succeed..
A lot of the classes are realistically "impossible". Some have 1 to 3 clears, and generally by the same 2-3people worldwide who just spam potd all day like Angelus Demonus. It's pretty easy to check the scoreboards and see the classes are nowhere equal when it comes to potd(it's a bit better for hoh but even there there's some issues).

The fact the classes are capped at lower levels than max and the requirements to do the content(mobility, damage output, survivability and just in general how the class meshes with the required playstyle for later floors such as having to drink potions on cooldown and kiting) contribute heavily in why some classes are just shit(healers and BLM for example) and some are very strong(rdm, mch, gnb for hoh). It'd be utterly pointless to try to clear potd on one of the weaker classes, if your goal is just checking it out and stuff that'd work fine, but when people who spend 6-8hours a day just running potd still take dozens of attempts and still don't get a clear on some classes, it should tell you that's it's just not gonna happen.

Not only do you need mastery of your class, but you need perfect understanding of the potd mechanics AND you need massively stacked RNG to clear on those classes. Unlike rdm/mch which aren't too RNG reliant, those are entirely RNG reliant, not like a little bit, but like a lot, like you need several good poms to drop in the last floors AND not get shitty layout AND not get too many mimics. A guy like Angelus Demonus can probably clear on RDM 8 times out of 10, maybe even 9, but his clear rate on these classes is under 1 out of 10. It isn't 0 necessarily(although he hasn't cleared on a bunch), but it might as well be if you're just looking to clear and not spend your next 6months doing potd as your "job".

when you start kiting how often do you get raped by stuff that spawned in behind you? lol

Not that often tbh, you don't have to kite over the whole place, you can kite just around a single room or between 2 rooms. Respawns also don't happen right away at higher floors, I forgot how long it is but it's several minutes before anything starts spawning(I want to say 5 mins maybe?). At low lvl you get respawns but it's easy to handle at that point.

• 1Like

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Machinist seems like a terrible choice for potd solo.

I have done it on mch and I am sure it is top 3 (rdm / smn round out the top 3 but rdm / mch are noticeably better than smn). It gets pretty rough at times:
ffxiv_30082020_191219_135.png

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Also yo, tangent aside this is what I was looking for originally, re: classes for deep dungeons -

(this is pretty old, from like 2020. I think brd is really under-represented in HoH and smn in PotD, for whatever reason)

unknown[1].png

unknown[1].png

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 368722

This is in raids / seems fine to me, you need to be able to see shit like castbars/buffs/etc.
It is fine actually, was just jarring seeing a few things moved around like chatbox.

On Mouse/Keyboard you can make a macro to show/hide hotbars, so your job selection is hidden unless you need it.

I actually have almost zero hotbars showing by default (just a dash icon to show it's cooldown, eventually I'll put a few class cooldowns there too), everything is via pressing shoulder buttons to show abilities and different setups if my weapon is drawn or not.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Wah wah, servers down until tomorrow. Got distracted by work and forgot to get a few custom deliveries in before reset.

Homework as bad as WoW imo.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So the Aether Data Center is going to be labeled as congested till probably next year. Getting new world servers up isn't going to be happening anytime soon.

Classifying All Aether Data Center Worlds as Congested​

As of the Patch 5.58 Hotfix maintenance, all Worlds on the Aether Data Center have been classified as Congested. Despite expanding the maximum capacity as much as possible and closely monitoring the situation, the number of logins for each World have constantly remained at full capacity, which led to us taking this course of action.

This means players will be unable to create new characters on any World on the Aether Data Center until this classification is lifted. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this will cause for those of you who were looking forward to embarking on adventures with friends.

Were the number of characters to increase any further, it could result in login queues taking up to several hours, which is why we needed to take this approach. In the meantime, we kindly request that you consider creating a character on a World within the Primal or Crystal Data Centers, though we’re aware that they are currently quite congested as well.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this will cause for our players on the North American Data Centers.

They are partially to blame for this. The DC's should be spread out instead of one cluster on the west cost. There should be 1 in the west, 1 in Chicago, and 1 on the east coast. It would have spread out the numbers naturally. There still would have been some congestion, but not as bad as it is now.