Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
So I feel like the 30’s and 40’s really suck for alt job leveling. Decent queues with a tank. Trying out PotD. Trying to get DK up. Probably going to “main” that a while.

I just started PotD as a random group tonight. Have to regrind 1-10 for some gear I guess. Doing daily roulette and levequests to level. Just hang out in PotD after daily roulette?

As a tank or healer, i'd say just spam highest level dungeon you can run after roulettes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
having leveled almost every class to 50 at this point, i feel like dungeons are faster until 50 even for dps. After that maybe potd.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Imo relax and take your time, use the levelling roulette to get the best efficiency on your levelling. MSQ should be priority, and it's enough to keep 3 classes at the cap if you're smart about it. There is so. much. stuff. to. do. at 80 that my head is spinning.

Unlock your stuff that is time-gated to completion asap - Beast Tribes, Doman Restoration, Custom Deliveries, Adventurer Squadrons, Retainer Professions, Revelation Tomestones

Don't forget about your Wonderous Tails and Fashion report for easily, weekly giant bonuses.

Some of this stuff sounds daunting, but none of it is hard, and provides giant benefits. Levelling crafters via beast tribe quests is *chefs kiss*

Personally, I'm on the way to my full 520 armor set and 530 weapon on my tank, then I'll start looking at my physical dps and healer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I feel like the 30’s and 40’s really suck for alt job leveling. Decent queues with a tank. Trying out PotD. Trying to get DK up. Probably going to “main” that a while.

I just started PotD as a random group tonight. Have to regrind 1-10 for some gear I guess. Doing daily roulette and levequests to level. Just hang out in PotD after daily roulette?
You have two viable sane options for grinding 32-50 imo.

1) Free Company NPC party.

2) Highest level dungeon (not roulette).

The dungeons are varied as there is a new one every ~3 levels and you usually only need to do them twice each, but tanks can have a 5 minute queue and dps much longer. Avoid this for dps. I had a great experience doing this with 2 healers and 3 tanks.

The npc party requires setup to unlock it via your free company then levelling them to 32 via sending them on misssions that take 24h or doing lower levels dungeons with them.

Once at 32 you do Brayflox Longstop with them 5-6 times mixing in class quests and hunting log (this is the hardest bit). At 41 you do Stone Vigil, Dzemel Darkhold and Aurum Vale 2-3 times each (this bit is much easier). I just did this with all the dps and it was fine.

As a DPS the NPC Tank and Healer ignore a lot of mechanics, it's actually harder to do this as a Tank or Healer yourself.

Beast tribes suck. PotD sucks. At least before 50.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

This is true about the Beast Tribes - pre 50, there are no crafter quests for them, but once you hit 50, Moogles will really boost you. Then Fishmen at 60 and Dwarves at 70

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is true about the Beast Tribes - pre 50, there are no crafter quests for them, but once you hit 50, Moogles will really boost you. Then Fishmen at 60 and Dwarves at 70
Meh the fish and dwarves were kinda OK but you don't get much exp, they are for if you want level slow for free over time.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Meh the fish and dwarves were kinda OK but you don't get much exp, they are for if you want level slow for free over time.

Gotta do those quests daily anyway for the sweet sweet mounts. Who doesn't want a flying tank?

Might as well get a free level per day x 3 for your trouble

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The dungeons are varied as there is a new one every ~3 levels and you usually only need to do them twice each, but tanks can have a 5 minute queue and dps much longer. Avoid this for dps. I had a great experience doing this with 2 healers and 3 tanks.

The npc party requires setup to unlock it via your free company then levelling them to 32 via sending them on misssions that take 24h or doing lower levels dungeons with them.

Once at 32 you do Brayflox Longstop with them 5-6 times mixing in class quests and hunting log (this is the hardest bit). At 41 you do Stone Vigil, Dzemel Darkhold and Aurum Vale 2-3 times each (this bit is much easier). I just did this with all the dps and it was fine.

As a DPS the NPC Tank and Healer ignore a lot of mechanics, it's actually harder to do this as a Tank or Healer yourself.

The Free Company NPC Party is excellent if you're a healer or deeps but can be really frustrating as a tank. You find yourself pulling small and there's still a significant chance you won't get a heal in time.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Bah. I gotta go back and run one of the early dungeons for the FC hunting log BS.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's actually the entire Ehcatl line of quests from north shroud for leveling crafters from 1-50, plus they will reward you with lower tier materia for 1/2 of the dailies when you progress the story enough.

The xp for the beast tribe combat quests is pretty ass in ARR, gets a little better but still ass in HW, and is barely worth the time in SB (though a nice distraction from HoH grinding/etc) but the pixies from SB? Superb.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
There's actually the entire Ehcatl line of quests from north shroud for leveling crafters from 1-50, plus they will reward you with lower tier materia for 1/2 of the dailies when you progress the story enough.

The xp for the beast tribe combat quests is pretty ass in ARR, gets a little better but still ass in HW, and is barely worth the time in SB (though a nice distraction from HoH grinding/etc) but the pixies from SB? Superb.

Ahh yeah but I don't really consider them the same, since frankly the best way to level them up is to do the one quest per day with 3 turnins (that you usually can buy from vendors) and hand them in for the 70 rep quest, which is way more than any of the other quests give.

I think I maxed out Ixal while grinding the other ARR quests without crafting a single thing.

Firmament is >>>>>> for levelling from 20-50. I did 6 crafting classes from 20-50 in firmament in an hour.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Gotta do those quests daily anyway for the sweet sweet mounts. Who doesn't want a flying tank?

Might as well get a free level per day x 3 for your trouble
Also some of those quests (moogles, I believe) give ventures as rewards, which is useful for levelling retainers.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Also some of those quests (moogles, I believe) give ventures as rewards, which is useful for levelling retainers.

I wouldn't do them just for venture coins though. There are far better ways to get them. But yes, it's bonus - However, there are way better benefits to working on the moogles.

• 1Moron

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Leveling via direct queuing highest dungeon available is pretty viable even as dps. I'm on Exodus and usually had 5-10 min queues while leveling. It's faster than potd but doing potd is necessary for aetherarms and unlocking HoH.

Speaking of which, I haven't gone back after getting to 40-50, slogging through with an explorer group then wiping since everyone faced the boss and got feared into the ae.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't do them just for venture coins though. There are far better ways to get them. But yes, it's bonus - However, there are way better benefits to working on the moogles.
Thank you. Thank you so much for your subjective opinion.
1630453333817.png

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
finally managed to wrangle through the Japanese system that will allow me to get the below mount when it's released in november.

sometimes it pays to be in Japan

1630505626402.png

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hmm leveling 50-60 looks bad.

I think healers will be fine (already at 55) but can't see getting DPS through the queues for specific Heavensward dungeons. Even roulettes are slow when I'm online.

53-60 the company NPCs may work but getting them to 53 even is problematic. I guess that's 6 PotD runs each to get them to 53?

Beast tribes and hunts seems like they give hardly any EXP, may as well grind FATES than bother with them.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everything will be slammed again when Endwalker is out. People will be back to leveling classes they havent leveled yet etc.