Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This is true about the Beast Tribes - pre 50, there are no crafter quests for them, but once you hit 50, Moogles will really boost you. Then Fishmen at 60 and Dwarves at 70
This is incorrect. The ixals start once you get a doh to 10 or 15, and will take you to 50. They are also unique in that as your rep grows you will get more daily quests to do. You will have more than 12 daily to do, so if you want an easy ride with 0 effort that's how you can do it. That said Ishgard restoration is 1000x faster and easier, but does require a little effort in getting mats for the combines.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Did Diadem gathering to grab mats for for 20-70 for all crafting professions. The amount after that goes up to 10 per combine, so I switched over to doing facet/HQ leves using a spreadsheet from the balance discord and it went pretty quickly. All said and done I ended up gil positive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is incorrect. The ixals start once you get a doh to 10 or 15, and will take you to 50. They are also unique in that as your rep grows you will get more daily quests to do. You will have more than 12 daily to do, so if you want an easy ride with 0 effort that's how you can do it. That said Ishgard restoration is 1000x faster and easier, but does require a little effort in getting mats for the combines.
What are we looking at here? 1 level max per day once all 12 are unlocked? That's way too slow unless I missed something.

Beast tribes are good for getting you a little extra exp to get to a threshold, like being at lv50 and 3/4 and needing lv51 to unlock new gear.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It has been a few years since I did them. But basically you swoop in on your battle classes and gatherers to get shit for your crafters to make to turn in. It's like any other beast tribe. Just mindless fuckery to rep up and level stuff with minimal effort. Yes, level or two per day.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Ahh yeah but I don't really consider them the same, since frankly the best way to level them up is to do the one quest per day with 3 turnins (that you usually can buy from vendors) and hand them in for the 70 rep quest, which is way more than any of the other quests give.

I think I maxed out Ixal while grinding the other ARR quests without crafting a single thing.

Firmament is >>>>>> for levelling from 20-50. I did 6 crafting classes from 20-50 in firmament in an hour.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I rake in the commendations on my scholar too and it's brain-dead easy to play at 64. :p

Tanking, no one knows how well you tank aside from the healer but if you are MODERATE as a tank you get 2 commendations a run, at least.

As a "Filler" for group finder, I always put my commendations on DPS.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
Since I hit stormblood, I seem to be getting much buffer tanks with 35-36K+ health and my fairy heal is able to keep up them topped up on boss fights with very little healing from me. Even the wall-to-wall pulls don't require much more than one aetherflow charge heal to stabilize their health if dropping and a few physicks and adlos.

It's definitely easier than the previous 60 levels.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, pull well and you'll get commendations as the tank. Also, people will just click the blue or green if they're going to bother doing commendation.

Problem with low level is that a tank has like 10% of their kit. Most of the time in leveling queues as DRK you're running through without TBN or even a real AE combo.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Beast tribes take 30 minutes on average to complete your entire daily allotment. Swap out classes for each tier and buy HQ gear off the market board for each 10 level spread past 50. Do your classes story quests and you'll gain 3-5 levels a day per character (which I think a lot of people forget about). There are obviously quicker/grindier/time-intensive ways to do this - but I just did them all at that pace and I didnt feel like it drained my soul doing it. You lose out on grinding scrips that way, but you can buy a lot of shit off the market board anyways. The gil you make from just having all the classes maxxed allows you to make far more gil in the long run.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tanking, no one knows how well you tank aside from the healer but if you are MODERATE as a tank you get 2 commendations a run, at least.

As a "Filler" for group finder, I always put my commendations on DPS.

Really good tanks get no commendations, because people don't realize you know what you can and can't stand in that will make your healer stop dpsing.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Really good tanks get no commendations, because people don't realize you know what you can and can't stand in that will make your healer stop dpsing.

I mean, you just get the same commendations because, like you said, the only people that really know the good tanks from the great ones are the healers.

If your healer is competitive on DPS and no one is dying, that is a good indication of a persons tanking ability as well as their healing ability.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I hope Endwalker brings a form of defensive target to the game for healers. It would be a huge QOL change - especially for stuff like Healers/Tanks.

Imagine casting Cover on a target you need to while still having the boss targeted. It feels so clunky without that defensive target mechanic.