Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Does bard dps ever get respectable? I’ve made it to 40, and I feel like a drain on dungeon groups in the dps role. Ninja was way more worthy

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does bard dps ever get respectable? I’ve made it to 40, and I feel like a drain on dungeon groups in the dps role. Ninja was way more worthy
bards are one of the fastest dungeon clearers early on because they have simple spammable aoe.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really wish stuff like this was baseline. I shouldn't have to install XIVLauncher to get an enjoyable experience.

Stuff like XIVCombos should, quite honestly, be baseline in the game client. I hope Endwalker addresses that.
Wouldnt be near as effective on the playstation architecture. So things like this would be seen as an unfair advantage from one client over the other and Im sure you know that wouldnt fly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah there was apparently a group that started up intentionally looking for streamers/twitter accounts that post modded content somewhere and report evidence. It's a tiny group and seems almost like an Console purist terrorist organization hiding behind some disingenuous cause, but they're out there trying to spam reports, bragging about "150 people reported and 50 banned"

I'd love to see the proof on the bans claimed, since no game GM system tells you the results of reports other than "we'll look into it" - But I guess they're also looking at all the twitter accounts posting screenshots hoping to find evidence there of them owning the characters so they can get them banned as well.

About that, turns out this stuff was just one creep.

I really wish stuff like this was baseline. I shouldn't have to install XIVLauncher to get an enjoyable experience.

Stuff like XIVCombos should, quite honestly, be baseline in the game client. I hope Endwalker addresses that.

Wouldnt be near as effective on the playstation architecture. So things like this would be seen as an unfair advantage from one client over the other and Im sure you know that wouldnt fly.

Well, combos in PVP already work like XIVCombo and have been since Stormblood....I've been wishing they do it in PVE too since back then, but at least we get the plugin now.... You'll always have the retards that thing pressing 1 2 3 over and over is somehow harder than pressing 1 1 1 over and over that will complain about it if they ever put it in game though...

I don't think XIVCombos would need to work any differently on PS, it'd even help them save some keybinds. As far as Mouseover Actions, controller players have the party soft-targeting thing we don't have with a mouse, so I don't see it as unfair.

• 1Worf

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
You'll always have the retards that thing pressing 1 2 3 over and over is somehow harder than pressing 1 1 1 over and over that will complain about it if they ever put it in game though...
My brain is ravaged by ADHD, so a single combo button would be a big improvement since if I get distracted by anything I end up just starting my combo over again. I also usually start my combo over from scratch when I switch targets on mobs. :cool:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a decent guide to gatherer scrip farming? Like an optimal route/schedule for collectables or something?
Depends on level; they basically truncated the stuff so that it doesn't vary anymore. There's specific items that can be gathered, and they spawn at certain times, consistently. Then it's just teleporting around.

maybe?

As for optimal rotation, it will basically fall down to a very simple pattern to maximize it.

Edit - for macro keys in combat. Just don't; it may make it easier on you, but you will end up standing in more AEs waiting for hits to trigger, and losing a lot of damage in general. If you're running trusts, great, but if you're running with real people, they might complain about you being super sub-optimal. Mouseover stuff is basically the only exception, or maybe a swiftcast > rez macro. But for dps combos... yeah don't.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
About that, turns out this stuff was just one creep.

Well, combos in PVP already work like XIVCombo and have been since Stormblood....I've been wishing they do it in PVE too since back then, but at least we get the plugin now.... You'll always have the retards that thing pressing 1 2 3 over and over is somehow harder than pressing 1 1 1 over and over that will complain about it if they ever put it in game though...

I don't think XIVCombos would need to work any differently on PS, it'd even help them save some keybinds. As far as Mouseover Actions, controller players have the party soft-targeting thing we don't have with a mouse, so I don't see it as unfair.

on Gunbreaker I wouldn't want this - sometimes I just want to spam 1-2 if my healers are dead and I'm trying to stay alive.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Do folks use solvers/optimizers for crafting? Any recommended ones? Is it reasonable to expect that I can somewhat consistently make HQ items that are around my level or would I usually need top tier items to have good shots at it? Not sure if I'm bogging myself down just trying to craft nothing but HQ shit when working up my crafters.

Cybsled

The game has a built in simulation tool for crafting to let you try different tactics before you actually do the craft. It can be fairly helpful.

Best way to understand crafting is look at crafting macros and understand why they are written the way they are. A good chunk of them focus on building up quality and progress at different points during the craft.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Do folks use solvers/optimizers for crafting? Any recommended ones?
This is the one I use, but I don't have crafters to 80 yet.

If you are leveling using premade gear sets and macros may be more helpful, like that:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Looks like the optimizer I had was some weird beta spinoff of that one that hasn't been touched in ages. Worked okay, but was a bit buggy as well/didn't take certain bonuses into account, etc. Haven't been using a leveling guide, mostly just crafting up crafting/gathering/quest/leve items to give to my gatherers and retainers along the way. Probably not efficient, but it's also quadrupled my piddling amount of gil so far.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't use any optimizers but I did create my own macros for auto-crafting HQ Dwarven Mythril Files for leve turnins. That way I can watch anime during the time it takes to make them.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like the optimizer I had was some weird beta spinoff of that one that hasn't been touched in ages.
The original author stopped working on it, and since it's on GitHub people forked it and updated it a bit. There are a lot of forks on GitHub:

You were probably using the original:

Haven't found one really newer than NotRanged. He updated his 10 days ago, so he still seems to be working a bit on it.

I don't use any optimizers but I did create my own macros for auto-crafting HQ Dwarven Mythril Files for leve turnins.
But that's exactly what you use the optimizer for: It generates optimized macros for you for semi-afk crafting.

Give it a whirl, the optimizer can even import your macros.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The original author stopped working on it, and since it's on GitHub people forked it and updated it a bit. There are a lot of forks on GitHub:

You were probably using the original:

Haven't found one really newer than NotRanged. He updated his 10 days ago, so he still seems to be working a bit on it.

But that's exactly what you use the optimizer for: It generates optimized macros for you for semi-afk crafting.

Give it a whirl, the optimizer can even import your macros.

I'm not going to use anything other than ACT as a damage meter.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a decent guide to gatherer scrip farming? Like an optimal route/schedule for collectables or something?

This is the route I use. If you're fast enough with your collectable rotations, regen is enough that you don't need to use cordials in between. (assuming optimized gear with high enough GP)

White scrip collectable route:

12am/pm node: The Peaks - Rarefied Urunday Log
2am/pm node: The Tempest - Rarefied Tungsten Ore
4am/pm node: The Tempest - Rarefied Coral
8am/pm node: The Tempest - Rarefied Raw Onyx
10am/pm node: The Fringes - Rarefied Gyr Abanian Alumen

Yellow scrip route:

10am/pm node: Il Mheg - Rarefied Miracle Apple Log
2am/pm node: The Tempest - Rarefied Reef Rock
4am/pm node: The Tempest - Rarefied Kelp
6am/pm node: Rak'tika Greatwood - Rarefied Raw Lazurite
8am/pm node: The Tempest - Rarefied Sea Salt

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not going to use anything other than ACT as a damage meter.
What are you talking about? Crafting optimizers are not damage meters, they are rotation/macro builders that don't even interact with the game in any way except you copy&pasting macro text from it into the game.