Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn that Summoner rework looks crazy good. Monk rework made no sense although the skills looked great. Lots of great looking new stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn that Summoner rework looks crazy good. Monk rework made no sense although the skills looked great. Lots of great looking new stuff.

I've never really played SMN but holy shit that looked so good.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've never really played SMN but holy shit that looked so good.
Yeah don't know how it'll play(the 5.0 SMN was pretty clunky shit until they reworked it further in 5.1) but it finally looks like what everyone has been asking for for a long time, plus it seems it'll make Carbuncle relevant again too so that's nice. Seems like there might end up being some optimization on when you use each element too, Ifrit especially having a melee dash+melee attack means you'll be able to abuse that in some phases by moving it around, assuming there's no specific order needed.

Just wonder if they're removing all the dot stuff as a result though, it looked like it basically does the current phoenix stuff for every primal, so not sure if you'll have time to Miasma/Bio and shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah don't know if you mean summary of the whole thing or just summoner.

Summoner change looks like it'll be somewhat like current Bard, you have the 3 primal that you activate, and it changes carbuncle into the primal egi(after doing an attack with the actual primal model). During that phase, your skills seem to change to that element, similar to how Phoenix works currently(changing Ruin and whatever to phoenix fire attacks instead). You pop all 3 of these and that seems to unlock Phoenix. As for Bahamut, it seems DWT goes directly into Bahamut instead of having 2 phases, so you start carbuncle then straight into bahamut, then you unlock all 3 primals phases, do them one after the other, then once you're done you get phoenix, and it loops. Looked really nice and felt a lot more summoner-like, no more ruin spam, instead throwing various element stuff and the primals also seem to have Bahamut like blasts after each ability(Titan does a rock clap thing and stuff).

Edit: The trailer
Watching it again, seems no more egis, and the claps seem to be an oGCD after every hit instead only for Titan. No DoT ticks either during the whole thing(other than Garuda ground effect) so seems that part goes out of the window and it's just direct dmg only, that or they didn't feel like showing the DoTs.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure what to think of Monk, the new mechanic looks kinda meh, like a mix of SAM and NIN stuff but on top, core of the class I guess is still the same. Mobility changes are nice though. Need to see press tour videos to figure out if there's any other changes.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
ohh man no more Enochain skill thank god it's a trait now huzzah...

Kinda iffy on what they said about Fire 2 and Blizzard 2 though ... but Fire 5 and Blizzard 5 look great.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
UI changes seem great so far, can split procs and normal buffs for classes with procs(most useful for BLM), something to always cast ground targetted skill at max range if you click too far(great for NIN Shukuchi) and some small change to cast bars in party frames that shows the target of the spell(for example when rezing, it shows who the rez is being cast on).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Watching it again, seems no more egis, and the claps seem to be an oGCD after every hit instead only for Titan. No DoT ticks either during the whole thing(other than Garuda ground effect) so seems that part goes out of the window and it's just direct dmg only, that or they didn't feel like showing the DoTs.

They said later when they showed more of the new Summoner stuff, the Dots are gone .. there gonna be a blast class like blm now and are finnaly a fucking summoner. But they still have Raise and Phsyick lul

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Great video. Ninja still looks fast, flashy and fluid, so that's great, but OMG at the Paladin. That looks like four (different?) Confiteors at the end? Whatever it is, looks badass. Reaper also looks pretty cool, I'm just not into 2H weapons. Must say, the FFXIV animations and effects teams just constantly knock it out of the park.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They said later when they showed more of the new Summoner stuff, the Dots are gone .. there gonna be a blast class like blm now and are finnaly a fucking summoner. But they still have Raise and Phsyick lul
Yeah I saw, made sense since it'd be a pain to maintain dots anyway during all the new stuff unless it was done semi automatically. The hotbars look pretty cleaned up as a result, feels like the MCH rework where it just has so few abilities it fits nicely on bars unlike some overbloated shit. Gameplay looks pretty simple but has some interesting speed variations, with Ifrit 2 casts and Garuda initial cast being really slow but then having Titan being instant+oGCD combo 4x and Garuda secondary instants being 1.5s GCD, while keeping Drain/Fester as generic oGCDs. Overall looks pretty fun although we'll see. Not sure why they kept Physick though, since clearly they don't mind removing old ACN skills since they removed both Miasma and Bio.

Malkav

French Madman
Couldn't sleep so ended up watching the whole 6 hours LL. Man, so stoke for some of these changes.

I have no clue anymore if I want to play MNK, RPR or SMN now.

I love how they basically didn't touch the two reddit drama queen jobs : DRK and SCH. The salt is going to be real.

• 2Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
SCH could definitely use a little something, but just the 1.5s Broil change is going to make it a lot smoother to play with all the shit you have to weave, so I like that. Still weird there's no fairy gauge spending skill other than fairy beam(in fact there was the 2nd aoe fairy heal but the skill trailer shows it doesn't consume gauge anymore, so they removed one of the 2 things you could use it for). Just combine both tbh, make it so you can Miasma, for fairy gauge. Same kind of tradeoff as Energy Drain for DPS vs using the stacks on heals. That or make a red fairy beam that just fucks enemies. Both would be easy to implement(fairy beam would need an icon and a recolor, but miasma is literally just copy pasting the existing effect) and would probably fix most of the complaints.

Besides that, SCH is already a super stacked job, both in terms of options and hotbar buttons, so it makes sense it doesn't get much. Some consolidation/changes wouldn't have hurt though. I like the new skill unlike a bunch of people, being able to force sprint your tanks in dungeon longer pulls is gonna be super useful.

DRK is a bit disappointing, although I like its simplicity so I don't mind so much. Unfucking Living Dead would go a long way though, maybe they'll do a slight buff for that? All it needs is like +heal received % when it's proced if they want to keep it for flavor. You proc it, you get more heals but you die if you don't get healed to full(and it drops once you get healed to full/can't be activated unless you die, so it can't be thrown as a random cooldown either).

I'm kinda looking at the same classes, MNK/SMN/Reaper, although I feel I don't want to play an expansion class first so I don't have to do shitty leveling before I can do story, so probably MNK or SMN. SMN adds SCH for free which is always nice, but figuring if MNK is fun or not asap is probably better for me.

Malkav

French Madman
I also like that Inner Release / Delirium get the buff charges instead of a strict time window. Will be a lot more forgiving of disconnects/bosses mechanics now.

Pyros Pyros Seems like people already got quite a lot of tooltips from when YoshiP showed MNK.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hadn't noticed the new Riddle of Wind, but yeah rest is what I understood about it. It's relatively simple overall, just an additional layer on top of the usual MNK kit, which should make it a bit less boring as a result. Not entirely sure why MNK needs 3 charges of the new move skill though, feels like 2 would have been enough for the basic out/in movements, 3 sounds like you'll be able to cheese some mechanics by just teleporting around on allies, DBZ style.

Cybsled

Dancer get 3 dashes, so there already is precedence

One change I have concerns about is the removal of HQ gathered items - I suspect the next live letter will go into this more since it focuses on crafting, but if they dont account for that, that is actually a pretty big nerf to HQ crafting since HQ gathered items made getting HQ in a crafted item much easier during a current content cycle.

Plus that also fucks with fishing (ocean fishing especially)

I get the inventory concern because I suffer from that myself