Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dancer get 3 dashes, so there already is precedence

One change I have concerns about is the removal of HQ gathered items - I suspect the next live letter will go into this more since it focuses on crafting, but if they dont account for that, that is actually a pretty big nerf to HQ crafting since HQ gathered items made getting HQ in a crafted item much easier during a current content cycle.

Plus that also fucks with fishing (ocean fishing especially)

I get the inventory concern because I suffer from that myself
Well DNC dashes are forward short dashes, so it makes sense there's 3 kinda, MNK is basically aetherial manip from BLM but also useable on enemies, so you can already move wherever you want in one use, so 2 would be enough probably. Not complaining or anything, just a bit weird they end up on 3 instead of 2 when 2 would have been "enough".

On HQ items yeah I don't like the change too much as a crafter who doesn't gather, because HQ mats would save me hundred of thousands worth of materias every gear upgrade, since I melded cheaply and used HQ items(which often sold at NQ price or with only a small premium like 10-20%) to just 100% stuff instead, which for the small amount of crafting I was doing was a well worth trade-off. Pretty sure I saved like 5-10m last expansion on melds alone.

For fishing I'm sure they'll do stuff, ocean fishing especially probably doesn't matter. They'll likely keep the HQ stuff, but the fishes simply won't be HQ, just bigger in size when you fish them. They'll just go and stack normally with other fishes. Honestly I doubt it'll change anything for fishing, they'll likely just make Patience actually increase fish size(as in HQ currently) and you'll fish the exact same way as before. Unlike the other gathering it doesn't make sense to replace the fishing "HQ" actions with yield actions cause it breaks the whole thing. Although it'd be nice to have better yield options for when you're fishing for like, food and what not, since it's currently pretty ass. I guess spearfishing would get the same treatment as normal gathering though, so they'll likely switch these out(and put more of the materials there rather than standard fishing which will become something more for special rewards/scrips/big fishes, maybe?). A likely "solution" would also be to say "we didn't have time so Fishing will keep HQ until 6.1 when we fix it" or some shit. That wouldn't be very surprising tbh.

We'll see though maybe they're planning on reworking the whole shit from the ground up. While I always level my gatherers and crafters I kinda don't really care though, I'm only using them to craft gear sets and sometimes some glamours I want and dodge the market board fees+markup, so even if they make it shit I don't really care as it won't really affect me, hopefully they don't mess with it too much though.

They might also have done the change to clean the item database if HQ items have an itemID that's different than NQ items, not too sure. If it's the case, a few patches from now they can just turn all HQ items into NQ forcefully(since at that point anyone who cared would have logged in and played, and those who didn't will not care much since HQ items have no value anymore) and free up all those entries.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think everyone is getting a gap closer some how which is why you see monks getting redone(blm has had one sense 50).

And on the HQ thing I think they are trimming the database down, and getting rid of a lot of useless junk. They will probably simplify the 1star-4star recipes further, but keep the Expert recipes at the current numbers for the hard core crafters out there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Screenshot_20210918-174239_Twitter.jpg

Really enjoyed this tweet.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Remember...totally new here. So I'm level 65 now as a Pally. Few things of note.

There are some bad players out there. The 24 man stuff gets hidden well because the vet players just pull dudes along. But the 8 man? Fucks sake. Simple mechanics are beyond peoples comprehension? Did the whale thingy that hits the island. It took 5 attempts with ME being the only sprout. It took the 1st wipe for me to see the mechanics. Hey. Use the shield so we don't get stunned and people can move when the push back comes. Nope. 3 wipes later people STILL getting knocked off. Including the other Pally. I said fuckit...tanked. Harpoons. Shield. Fucked a bear... Finally cleared it.

Ok. How is it that people that are the same level as me has CRAZY better stats on their gear. I'm fine as far as everything goes, but if I can have better stats...

Should I be enhancing my gear somehow?

Cybsled

Don't worry about your gear sub-max level. You're going to outlevel it pretty fast.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It's refreshing how the devs are pretty frank and open with the community.

At this point in the Live Letter, YoshiP is discussing why they didn't move to the cloud to solve their server issues and is surprisingly candid/open.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember...totally new here. So I'm level 65 now as a Pally. Few things of note.

There are some bad players out there. The 24 man stuff gets hidden well because the vet players just pull dudes along. But the 8 man? Fucks sake. Simple mechanics are beyond peoples comprehension? Did the whale thingy that hits the island. It took 5 attempts with ME being the only sprout. It took the 1st wipe for me to see the mechanics. Hey. Use the shield so we don't get stunned and people can move when the push back comes. Nope. 3 wipes later people STILL getting knocked off. Including the other Pally. I said fuckit...tanked. Harpoons. Shield. Fucked a bear... Finally cleared it.

Ok. How is it that people that are the same level as me has CRAZY better stats on their gear. I'm fine as far as everything goes, but if I can have better stats...

This is similar to most of the major complaints Ive heard. Honestly, it has to be based around the influx of players ffxiv has had from WoW due to streamers. You would wipe a time or two in the past, because people were rifting between not wanting to do shit, and feeling like they have to. But thats about it at its worst. I dont think I ever wiped on a dungeon (not raids), even the new stuff. Now people are complaining about wiping to basic dungeons. Since my flavor is always tank, Im actually scared to come back to FFXIV in November due to all the new "types" of players.

Daidraco

Daidraco Daidraco hey how do I go from 470>490?
You can craft 510. Dont craft? Buy it with gil. Dont have gil? Buy a million gil for 5 bucks or whatever. Other shit is grinding, which isnt fun, and I'd rather stab my eyes out than repeat that grind again. If you dont want to buy gil w/real life currency, you should have enough gil to put you just at the minimum requirement to grind the eden raid which will give you the parts for the 510 gear turn in's and you can repeat them endlessly.

-edit- What server Xerge Xerge ? Ill just craft the shit for you if you're on the same.

Xerge

<Donor>
I'm in Aether on the Midgardsomr server atm. Thx for the info though I have a better idea of where i'm at. Tryna to get some shit done before new world

Daidraco

I'm in Aether on the Midgardsomr server atm. Thx for the info though I have a better idea of where i'm at. Tryna to get some shit done before new world
I do the patches, max out and then take a break. I just enjoy ffxiv more that way. But anytime Ive been gone for a while, I'll do the base line content and if I see a grind with a clear gil skip - I'll take it. Gil is so easy to make on my server (which is different than yours, sorry) - that it blows my mind why anyone would grind through suboptimal gear just to get to the next point in the MSQ/Patch. Im 530'ish last I checked on my warrior and 510'ish on my lowest classes.

Im just annoyed you're going on a west coast server on New World. My ping was 120'ish on our Closed Beta server. :(

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

While Synch does bring stats down it doesn't totally destroy the benefits from the armor/weapons.

So a full 530 player will have > Stats then any other class at that min ilvl.. this is one of the rare instances were being over lvl'd for content actually makes you stronger, I belive this is what they are fixing with the stats squish

Goonsquad Officer
Daidraco Daidraco hey how do I go from 470>490?
it comes off as a super grind (because it 'is') but the new relic quests send you through bozja. and old content. bozja has a gear-level-cap. the steps of the quest send you through old content which also has i-level caps when you do them on-tier. Zadnor, the final leg of the 'save the queen' relic zone is ilevel480 capped i believe.

when you finish the whole run. you get a relic (ilevel 535) and can buy the blade's armor with the platinum coins (ilevel 525). partway through you can use the gold coins out of DR to buy i510, and you will naturally acquire revelation tomes for cryptlurker (520). early on in the progression you can get i490 for tomestones of allagory or 496 for 'bozjan coins' (bronze version).

all of that doesn't settle your desire for an immediate bump in power. but it kind of illustrates how you can pursue the relic and get a few phases of armor along the way.

Daidraco

That is a valid way, ya. I'm just maxxed out on land/hand and it is beyond ridiculous how much money I can make in such a short amount of time. I cant imagine how much money I could make now from 30 minutes of gathering with the influx of players. Shit is just night and day difference from WoW market place (auction house).

Goonsquad Officer
oh absolutely. I'm pretty pleased how many 'paths to high tier gear" are available to players. most of my cash comes from fish, or eureka drops

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
or materia if you can always get the bonus for tier 7/8 materia it's all selling really good right now specifically 5-8.

But remember too keep some of the 7/8 materia you get for when EW drops, you can try and transmute it for better materia at Black Brush Station(The location were you go too learn about melding and overmelding)..

Chris

Potato del Grande
That is a valid way, ya. I'm just maxxed out on land/hand and it is beyond ridiculous how much money I can make in such a short amount of time. I cant imagine how much money I could make now from 30 minutes of gathering with the influx of players. Shit is just night and day difference from WoW market place (auction house).
What is your method?

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm having a real problem with this game. Every time I try a new job it's the most fun ever. I can't focus on the ones I have at 80.

• 1Solidarity