Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am coming back as I want to try reaper. Basically been working the MSQ for the last week and unlocking bozja. I still have a big of 5.3 and beyond for MSQ I am going to try to do as much today. I figure anything left over, I will just finish on the reaper(if I can). Tried to do a bunch yesterday, but internet was being spottty with construction nearby(again) and I kept DCing out of the duties and MSQ dungeons and having to start over.

Most likely going to be a pain to get to 71 for me, unless I can the rest of the story(probably level locked), as I have nothing saved for it. Curious what you do with no book, leves, side quest to turn in. Is there still a zone you just run around for fates to get to that 71 for bozja?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I am coming back as I want to try reaper. Basically been working the MSQ for the last week and unlocking bozja. I still have a big of 5.3 and beyond for MSQ I am going to try to do as much today. I figure anything left over, I will just finish on the reaper(if I can). Tried to do a bunch yesterday, but internet was being spottty with construction nearby(again) and I kept DCing out of the duties and MSQ dungeons and having to start over.

Most likely going to be a pain to get to 71 for me, unless I can the rest of the story(probably level locked), as I have nothing saved for it. Curious what you do with no book, leves, side quest to turn in. Is there still a zone you just run around for fates to get to that 71 for bozja?
They will be level locked too 80...

If you want too do 70-71 fates in Lakeland(There might be a bunch of ppl there also doing the same thing, so you might find a quick group for it also)

Don't forget that Overall Exp required for leveling is coming down with this expansion(Hence why all the EXP resets).

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Il Mheg beast tribe quests are also like 2.5 mil exp each and take barely 3-4 minutes. Usually bash a WT book and those quests to get any classes from 70-80

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1638379642584.jpg

• 13Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They will be level locked too 80...

If you want too do 70-71 fates in Lakeland(There might be a bunch of ppl there also doing the same thing, so you might find a quick group for it also)

Don't forget that Overall Exp required for leveling is coming down with this expansion(Hence why all the EXP resets).

Hmm ok. Will see. I checked, and have 5.4 and beyond to do. Might be able to get that done tonight. If not, can just leave whats left for reaper when they hit 80. Will check out the lakeland.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just led a group full of newbies through Unreal Leviathian out of the PF - no one had completion.

Felt goooood. Took awhile but we got him on the 2nd attempt after re-queue.

I'm looking to do this, having watched a video and a general understanding of it, you think it's possible from a PF without having to guide people what to do? Hopefully will be able to snag a few people who have at least completed it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking to do this, having watched a video and a general understanding of it, you think it's possible from a PF without having to guide people what to do? Hopefully will be able to snag a few people who have at least completed it.
Do it before patch...

They already said they are disabling Unreal's for awhile once Endwalker releases, probably cause of the new lvl cap and new abilites, they have too go thru and rebalance things..

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm ok. Will see. I checked, and have 5.4 and beyond to do. Might be able to get that done tonight. If not, can just leave whats left for reaper when they hit 80. Will check out the lakeland.
Have you done your Wonderous Tail book for this week already? That's one thing. Leveling roulette too, Alliance roulette also(make sure to unequip gear so you have around 110ilvl before you queue then put it back on, so you only get syrcus or lab, these take like 15mins but everything else is 20-25mins). Beast tribes, the old SB ones, should still provide some xp if you do both snake ladies and ninja turtles, can also do daily hunt marks from rhalgr's/kugane, advantage of these+beast is they can be done while you wait on roulette queues. Challenge log if you haven't cleared parts of it already since the weekly reset, you get xp for 5/10FATEs, for 5dungeons, for 3 dungeon roulettes, for 5 commends. If you're out of stuff to do, can always do Castrum Abania(lvl 69 dungeon) as a filler. But generally if you do your 2 daily roulettes+beast tribes you're really close, especially since you'll be getting 100% armory bonus instead of the current 50%.

Also if you have sidequests in ShB left, you can prepare a bunch of them to turn in on your RPR. It's like over half a level with a full quest log, doesn't take very long if you take your 80 to smash some sidequests around now, and you can just turn them in at launch which takes like a minute. ShB sidequests scale on your level, so you don't even have to have a specific zone left, can be any one of them.

What rewards do you get from the Unreal stuff anyway?
There's a vendor with a few mounts, one advantage is they're tradeable, so you can sell them on the market for fairly decent money. One is an ugly ARR horse remix but one is a red robot armor which I really like. I think there's a 3rd one too but I didn't bother.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I wonder ... how many wipes are we gonna have the alliance raid ? with the stat squish , How many people are gonna have too actually learn the fights *laugh*

It's won't be so bad with the Nier series but Crystal Tower and Void Ark ? rofl

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wonder ... how many wipes are we gonna have the alliance raid ? with the stat squish , How many people are gonna have too actually learn the fights *laugh*

It's won't be so bad with the Nier series but Crystal Tower and Void Ark ? rofl
There should be no stat squish on ARR, it's just 51+ iirc. Regardless stat squish isn't supposed to affect difficulty, they might end up rescaling stuff but they didn't really mention anything in the prelim patch notes about it so I don't expect much actual changes, besides Unsynced(which they're rescaling the other way by hand so I expect some will be fucky).

It's not like Lab/Syrcus were hard even back in the day though, there's only say, one mechanic I can think of you'd have to respect, killing the charging beams mini machines on the syrcus boss so he doesn't wipe the raid, but there was A LOT of leeway for that fight even back when it was current.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
The squish likely will be noticeable, particularly in ST/WoD. From what they were saying, the squish is basically flattening the .X ilvl growth. Whereas now you hit, what, ilvl 50 at the end of 2.0, 120 at the end of 2.5? Afterwards all 50 content will be scaled to ilvl 50, and 51+ content will increase from there, with another similar flattening for all of the .X HW/StB/ShB level-capped content.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Without having to guide people what to do? No. Probably not possible. You will probably always have to point out the little tricks like, there's only one dive during wave spume phase, or that when he dives, he always comes back up on the same side.

As a tank I also took responsibility for getting all adds and doing the important stuns. If I had to leave that up to a pug it would have been far, far messier.

I'm sure it's possible to hit the lottery but most of the time you're just going to get mouthbreathers in the group whom the content is just way too hard for and will literally run into dives from being safe because they don't know what they are doing.

and like said earlier - today is your last chance. Leviathan goes away after today.

• 1Like

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
anyone on aether have an FC? would be great to have some MC/HC players to level and raid with this expansion. have a bunch of 80s (healers dps)