Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
For the first trial my group got it to 1% after a whole hour learning the fight, it's as hard as a normal raid.

Second group I put a mark on myself and led them through it, first try I fucked up and got everyone knocked off the platform and they almost kicked me. Second try was perfect and I got all 7 commendations!

There's also a healer shortage to the point of the queues being 30 mins.

I am STUNNED by what this boss was by the way. I have no idea what's happening in this game anymore.
I did it in 3 tries, nobody in group knew it before. Thing is, going to this boss to carrots problem is strange :)

Chris

Potato del Grande
I did it in 3 tries, nobody in group knew it before. Thing is, going to this boss to carrots problem is strange :)
I also think that the first group was undergeared/shit as we wiped on the heal check and dps was very slow.

But yes, I got some tone whiplash right after.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This 2002 error is some fucking bullshit. I've about reached the illogical rage stage. I don't know who said it kept your queue position...just got booted back from 6000 to 9000 and I had logged right away back in.

I think I'd be better off coming back in a week or two....

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any thoughts on Reaper?
I used to unlock the bozja quest line and am just dying like a newb in all those encounters. Compared to my main redmage which I feel is safe with some movement skills I just dont know whats the value in Reaper.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Were I'm working we are having issues getting hardware at all, and were offering 5x market value(and a full year of contracts on *hold* till we get it)..

I know Yoshi said that they got some much needed funding and were wanting too spend the money on more infrastructure, but there in the same boat my company is car companies are buying up every single second of production time on all lines.
I've heard we have some chip manufacturing being set up in Texas, but that's at least 2+ years away at best. Zero help in the short term hah.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Any thoughts on Reaper?
I used to unlock the bozja quest line and am just dying like a newb in all those encounters. Compared to my main redmage which I feel is safe with some movement skills I just dont know whats the value in Reaper.

Reaper has equivalent movement skills to a red mage no? Even better in that you don't need a target to work off.

in Bozja red mages are less squishy due to the essence that most people use. That may be why.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Most of the Japan DC servers have no queue so I just guest on one of those. I'll return to my main server once the queue on it dies down in a weeks time or whenever.
How do you guest on another datacenter? Wasn't that delayed?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Most of the Japan DC servers have no queue so I just guest on one of those. I'll return to my main server once the queue on it dies down in a weeks time or whenever.
how do you do this? i thought you could only guest onto your own data center

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm on the Japan DC, my main server is Tonberry. It has ridiculous queues like you all are talking about in the US DC (5-8k), but most of the other Japan servers have no queue.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Came home, took a couple tries before connecting to my data center. 9700 queue. Got down to 7800 or so and got 2002. I was AFK, so dunno when it booted me, but it seemed to keep my place so far.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Came home, took a couple tries before connecting to my data center. 9700 queue. Got down to 7800 or so and got 2002. I was AFK, so dunno when it booted me, but it seemed to keep my place so far.

Good lord, 9700? So glad when I log in in the morning it's only 50 or so

• 1Solidarity

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
any good source to see which servers on your data center have smallest queues?
I think when you choose 'visit another world server' it just picks one with a low pop automatically, you can't choose which one to guest on.

Goonsquad Officer
Good lord, 9700? So glad when I log in in the morning it's only 50 or so
yea so far i've gotten in at like 6am and had five minute queues every time. i knwo that trick wont' serve me midweek. though i may have to do my dailies at 630 am then stop heh.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just to add to how utterly stupid they are with this.
Last three times I have been able to actually get into the queue, before it will eventually boot me, I have started at the exact same spot...4144. Yea pure bullshit.

Did you just quote yourself? LOL...
This 2002 error is some fucking bullshit. I've about reached the illogical rage stage. I don't know who said it kept your queue position...just got booted back from 6000 to 9000 and I had logged right away back in.

I think I'd be better off coming back in a week or two....

I've had it put me back in place every time. So no clue. I was only very annoyed by the fact that it closes the game. Shouldn't do that at all. In the end I should be able to queue and leave that screen alone and come back to check it, instead of having to baby sit it.

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Did you just quote yourself? LOL...

I've had it put me back in place every time. So no clue. I was only very annoyed by the fact that it closes the game. Shouldn't do that at all. In the end I should be able to queue and leave that screen alone and come back to check it, instead of having to baby sit it.
Possibly. When you normally never post about about a game negatively sometimes you hit the wrong button.