Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You won't be able to poopsock it like you wanted, but you will be able to play it. I am enjoying the slow roll right now. Doing some MSQ and some dailies on my RDM and not playing too much at once. Will probably be 90 well before getting to the end, so a good excuse to get my PLD to mop up lower level side quests to catch up.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You won't be able to poopsock it like you wanted, but you will be able to play it. I am enjoying the slow roll right now. Doing some MSQ and some dailies on my RDM and not playing too much at once. Will probably be 90 well before getting to the end, so a good excuse to get my PLD to mop up lower level side quests to catch up.

The way it’s going now I’ll only be playing next weekend if I can log in on the mornings.

Other option, which is a shitheel trick, is to log on each day and just keep tapping a key every 25-30 minutes if I’m working from home. Not really happy to have to do that if it means it keeps folks out the game who legitimately want to play during the day though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
ok weird. I had 4.5k left on my queue and it suddenly just loaded me in game. And people in game said same happened to them.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
What the hell, I just had the weirdest login.

Started with a 2900 queue. The numbers weren't going down regularly - I'd have spurts of the normal 75 per 2 minutes, but I'd also have periods of 5 minutes or so with nothing going down.

I 2002 errored out, my phone wasn't charged and I didn't know where it was, so when I got back in, 5k, not moving at all, this was about 20 minutes ago.

Then all of a sudden game tried to log in, but booted me out with a 10105 error. Tried to log back in, 3001 error, "World is currently full" try again later - and now it's treating me like my character is logged in and asking me to wait.

Very strange. Just put me in a 800 queue when I tried again.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dumpster-fire launch. Worst I've seen in I don't know how long.

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Oh wait I think I got your problem. You're a trial account? Paid subs have priority over trials in queue, which usually isn't an issue but with such a long queue, basically trial is impossible to log in with currently. Sucks but yeah for now you pretty much can't play the game unless you're subbed. That'd also explain why you keep getting to the end of the queue even when you relog. Not gonna be much you can do about that besides coming back in 2weeks or buying the game but losing all that free gameplay.
No I have been a paid account since Heavensward.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
seems like Gilg is just fucked. No one can get into a login queue, and the server is full. Just keep getting 3001 error over and over and it's not just me.

Hopefully they reset the server :p

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
seems like Gilg is just fucked. No one can get into a login queue, and the server is full. Just keep getting 3001 error over and over and it's not just me.

Hopefully they reset the server :p

Hmm so thats why I jumped from 4.5k in queue to instantly in :p Not complaining :p

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Dumpster-fire launch. Worst I've seen in I don't know how long.

Yes its annoying, and the 2002 closing the game is dumb, but you consider queues the "worst launch ive seen in a long time"? You don't see a lot then it seems.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Uhhh this doesn't seem right

1638727787196.png

• 1WTF

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes its annoying, and the 2002 closing the game is dumb, but you consider queues the "worst launch ive seen in a long time"? You don't see a lot then it seems.
This queue system alone is beyond retarded. And now it's giving me 3001 where I can't even queue, after having sat in the queue for a shitload of hours.

The ability to play the game is the number one determining factor for me, and this is literally the least playable MMO expansion launch I've seen in...a long time? You can't even queue on my server currently.

• 1Moron
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The worst part about the queues is the inevitable timeout. You have to babysit the queue so you can log back in in time after you get the error.
On my server it feels like it times out once every 3.5kish positions in the queue or close to 1h15mnts.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone playing reaper and know how Soulsow/Harvest Moon fits in the rotation? Pre pull and when you cant attack boss? High potency but cast time etc when in combat.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Guys you just need to log in at 10am GMT and play for 8.5 hours without stopping. My queue was 31 people.

By the way this story is balls to the wall batshit insanity, you need to play it before you get spoiled. I'm at the lv87 dungeon and... wow... really... what the fuck.

• 1Picard

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, was the visit another world thing bullshit? because when I clicked it, all I got was an error that I forget the details of, but it was something akin to "You can't do that at this time"

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Guys you just need to log in at 10am GMT and play for 8.5 hours without stopping. My queue was 31 people.

By the way this story is balls to the wall batshit insanity, you need to play it before you get spoiled. I'm at the lv87 dungeon and... wow... really... what the fuck.

I logged in at that time yesterday, 60 queue. Today I slept in 2 additional hours and it made all the difference.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I logged in at that time yesterday, 60 queue. Today I slept in 2 additional hours and it made all the difference.
Launch day I logged at about 3pm and had an hour queue, yesterday I logged at about 10am and 1pm and short queues.

I thought I fucked up playing on a NA server from EU, but now I see I am truly blessed.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Launch day I logged at about 3pm and had an hour queue, yesterday I logged at about 10am and 1pm and short queues.

I thought I fucked up playing on a NA server from EU, but now I see I am truly blessed.

The fucked part is, I can't even say "Log in before coming home from work" because the 2002 will fuck that plan.

Gunna have to sit in a main city or just macro teleporting around the world every 45 minutes.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I used to be on Excalibur (NA) but moved to Zodiark (EU) a couple of months ago to hang out with RL mates. They hardly play now and I’m punching myself daily in the ballsack.