Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Finished Story .. guess I don't recover as quickly as I use too from surgery's anymore, ouch. Time for more sleep now though..

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rerolled my lion as a normal human still doing Pugalist first. Kind of liking that.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Rerolled my lion as a normal human still doing Pugalist first. Kind of liking that.

Try to ditch the habit of re-rolling to try something new if you get any distance into the game. Can easily pick up other jobs on the fly and swap and level them individually, and if the gender or race you were originally you end up not caring for, You get a free Fantasia at the end of the base ARR game/2.0 to change that up. Buying others aren't that expensive either. I know people who seem to fantasia into other shit on a weekly basis.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm guilty of playing racial musical chairs. Started Hrothgar and have been an Au Ra, a Roegadyn, and a Highlander Hyur, before switching to a bunny boi as a half joke for the expansion, but actually enjoy the bunny samurai esthetic so will probably stick with this going forward. At least until I find some cool helmet that I can't wear as a Vierra, and switch like I did when I was a Hrothgar. It is hard to say if Elezen or Au Ra have the gayest stance, though I give Au Ra a partial pass since they are part lizard and probably don't have to worry about smashing their balls standing the way they do. I don't enjoy being a short shit in most MMO's, or I probably would have went Miqo'te. Vierra aren't super tall, but the boost from the ears evens it out.

I blame Usagi for my apparent mental illness.
usagi.jpg

• 4Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Since its a weeb game I went full weeb. Maybe a human Pugalist named Broken Sword(Hero). Had some fun finally though. So going to play more.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
still can't buy this game right? or free trial or anything?

I played a free trial of this shit back in like, 2013? or whenever they did the 2.0 ARR and you fucks were hyping the shit out of the "new game" but didnt really get in to it so didnt buy it. I can log in to square enix site and see my free trial account but it says I cant buy the game. I can totally buy the endwalker expansion only tho.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Queues have gone down a bit but are going to jack up on Tuesday once the patch hits. You'll be waiting a few weeks before they open up new purchases.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yea. I had to turn down non-party members spell effects when I started really grinding out there before EW.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yea. I had to turn down non-party members spell effects when I started really grinding out there before EW.
i'll have to do this, didnt know you could just do non party members. Comical trying to do the reapers positional shit when you literally cant even see where the mob is infront of you

infinitely better lmao

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just did some 1st Extreme Trial practice and got it to 10%.

I can do the whole fight as a tank flawlessly without help now except for the constellations, any tips?

I do read them the wrong way around sometimes but my main issue is if I'm moving to a square that isn't adjacent I don't seem to have enough time.

Do you have to wait for the explosion to move or can you be moving earlier?

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

I can do the whole fight as a tank flawlessly without help now except for the constellations, any tips?

I do read them the wrong way around sometimes but my main issue is if I'm moving to a square that isn't adjacent I don't seem to have enough time.

Once the explosion hits you can be on the move. Your safe space is always one space away, should never have to move more than one space. Bottom row is always near side of platform (to constellations)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Just in general, imagine that the constellations each are a picture in a frame, and someone pokes the frame from behind and the picture falls forward. That is how the pattern will play on the floor for each one, so they're all relative to their own sides.

The second you see the explosion come down, you can start hauling. When you prep to find your first safe spot for explosion 1, don't start in a corner spot. You can always have either the center be the safe spot to start or there will be a side that has a safe spot in the center of that side.

X | O | X________O | O | O
X | X | X____>___P | O | O
X | X | O________O | O | O

You're standing in the middle here, which safe spot to go to? Top middle. You're now in a spot that has 5 possible adjacent safe spots instead of 3.

Also as you wait for the 3rd explosion to happen, do not panic move when you see either the beams or algedon start casting. See a ton of people suddenly go "oh shit, I can't be in this spot because first beam is pointing here." You have plenty of time to wait for explosion to happen and move out of the beam before it fires or if you end up in the middle to move for algedon.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just in general, imagine that the constellations each are a picture in a frame, and someone pokes the frame from behind and the picture falls forward. That is how the pattern will play on the floor for each one, so they're all relative to their own sides.

The second you see the explosion come down, you can start hauling. When you prep to find your first safe spot for explosion 1, don't start in a corner spot. You can always have either the center be the safe spot to start or there will be a side that has a safe spot in the center of that side.

X | O | X________O | O | O
X | X | X____>___P | O | O
X | X | O________O | O | O

You're standing in the middle here, which safe spot to go to? Top middle. You're now in a spot that has 5 possible adjacent safe spots instead of 3.

Also as you wait for the 3rd explosion to happen, do not panic move when you see either the beams or algedon start casting. See a ton of people suddenly go "oh shit, I can't be in this spot because first beam is pointing here." You have plenty of time to wait for explosion to happen and move out of the beam before it fires or if you end up in the middle to move for algedon.
OK thanks I think that's it, I need to avoid corners.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
There is always a melee uptime spot. You can focus on only the columns (east/west star sets) or rows (south star set) that apply.

For the first/third sets, you only need to look at the middle and closest column to the boss.

For the second set, the top and middle rows.

This helped me a lot in processing less information and always choosing the melee friendly call outs. Also eliminates your issue of not having adjacent.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
There is always a melee uptime spot. You can focus on only the columns (east/west star sets) or rows (south star set) that apply.

For the first/third sets, you only need to look at the middle and closest column to him.

For the second set, the top and middle rows.

This helped me a lot in processing less information and always choosing the melee friendly call outs.
Wait what, people are doing DPS during that shit?

I very often start off running forwards towards the first constellation, but that's the opposite side of where he ends up, so I can't DPS from there.

So sounds like I'm thinking about this all wrong. Thanks so much for this.

If I'm understanding right, if I look at the 1st constellation, the boss will stop moving behind me so I only need to pick the spot in the back 6 squares and ignore the front 3. Then I'll be able to stay in those 6 as the other 3 are a melee dps dead zone?