Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wait what, people are doing DPS during that shit?

I very often start off running forwards towards the first constellation, but that's the opposite side of where he ends up, so I can't DPS from there.

So sounds like I'm thinking about this all wrong. Thanks so much for this.

If I'm understanding right, if I look at the 1st constellation, the boss will stop moving behind me so I only need to pick the spot in the back 6 squares and ignore the front 3. Then I'll be able to stay in those 6 as the other 3 are a melee dps dead zone?

Boss becomes targetable again as first explosion resolves. He is always true north. You have time to look at all stars before dps starts again.

To clarify, my information was based on the boss always being considered true north. Not as he flies around. So for first constellation set look at only middle and right columns. Second set top and middle rows. Third set left and middle column.

One way to think about it is you are always ignoring the 3 spaces in the south part of the room. Safe spots or not.

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Boss becomes targetable again as first explosion resolves. He is always true north. You have time to look at all stars before dps starts again.

To clarify, my information was based on the boss always being considered true north. Not as he flies around. So for first constellation set look at only middle and right columns. Second set top and middle rows. Third set left and middle column.

One way to think about it is you are always ignoring the 3 spaces in the south part of the room. Safe spots or not.

Also, you should start moving the moment the first animation starts from the meteors, not when it lands on the ground. I generally stay on the edge as WHM, slidecast into the next spot if possible (if you're doing what Kantern said, you can most patterns) and then slidecast or move into spot #3. When #3's animation starts, I make sure I am not standing in green beams.

You really can't afford to be hit by a meteor, but you can be hit by the beam just fine. If you're trying to optimize dps, the vuln stack will fall off by the time the next Paradigma ends, so you'll just position correctly for firewall.

Also if optimizing for dps, you can just do whatever for snake patterns. There's really nothing you can fuck up besides snakes and green beams; everything is fault tolerant before the next snake.

If you're feeling brave, you can surecast/arms length aldegon on 2nd astral pattern and get away with doing that in lieu of the beam vuln stack. YMMV.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Finally tried the first extreme as a solo healer last night. Went pretty well on my end, got all the CDs for phobos and styx figured out. Got four kills. I think at this rate I’m gonna have 99 totems before I get the mount, been rolling poorly and only seen four of them.

Chris, I think the meteors click differently for everyone. I personally think the best advice is to think about melee dps uptime: there will always be a safe spot in melee range. Knowing that, I think the patterns are pretty easy. Each meteor you’re deciding between three spots typically: first is center, left front, and left middle. Second meteor will be either left center, front center, or dead center. Third meteor will be either dead center, front center, or right front. Plenty of time to move between, but you can cast sprint right before the first one lands for some comfort.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Patch notes up

Some highlights:

1) Savage raid tier added
2) Raid weapon only requires 500 of the new tomes (vs the 1k previous raids had required - good change considering you still need to get 8 weapon tokens at a rate of once per week)
3) New treasure map dungeon (looks like the Loporits made it lol)
4) A smattering of potency and range changes. Reaper got a cure nerf on one ability

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's 7 tokens for the weapon. Reduced to 4 in 6.1 then uncapped in 6.18 so you can eventually get as many weapons as you want(but for a short period of time until new raid tier). The 500 tomes stuff they mentionned a while back in live letters and it was in the patch notes 2 weeks ago too.

RPR nerf is kinda nothing and will likely mean RPR is the best DPS class for this tier. Hell even 50 potency aoe healing is still much better than what it should be(which is 0, no reason why RPR has a party heal every 20secs everytime there's an aoe tbh).

Balance changes are somewhat nice. NIN got some nice QoL changes, one of the Raiju doesn't have a forced charge anymore and you only need to hit either of them so you don't have 4GCDs to fit in your trick attack anymore that also have forced charge animation locks, and Kamaitachi can be held longer which should help when Bunshin doesn't line up with Trick. DNC got some unexpected long time needed qol with Dances now being affected by Skill Speed so Skill Speed isn't absolute shit anymore(still pretty shitty but might be a skill speed tier where it's better than the current situation where you absolutely never want to go below 2.5s). DRG and SMN got nice potency raw buffs, should help their situations a fair bit with just that since otherwise they were pretty ok(RDM still is better than SMN most likely though).

No DRK buffs however, so while they do more dmg, they still have the much shittier tanking ability. Can be an interesting tradeoff but still should get some QoL. Maybe 6.1 for that. PLD also didn't get potency buffs, so while they'll be good for prog I doubt a lot of ppl are gonna use them for parsing/farm. Same for AST, no buffs there, will scale over the course of the expansion but this tier it feels like they're getting the shaft, good healing tools but WHMs can do the job while doing more dmg.

Other than that, standard stuff.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
AST does already more RDPS than white mage, have better mana regen (by a huge marging) to the point of not caring about it after a death, have gazillon of OGCD heals, not sure why you want to buff them. Personal DPS is lower but who care when you buff the 4 RPR and 2 tanks in the group :) Look at parse for RDPS, they are not even close.
Anyway, time to make millions of gils with crafting!

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
AST does already more RDPS than white mage, have better mana regen (by a huge marging) to the point of not caring about it after a death, have gazillon of OGCD heals, not sure why you want to buff them. Personal DPS is lower but who care when you buff the 4 RPR and 2 tanks in the group :) Look at parse for RDPS, they are not even close.
Anyway, time to make millions of gils with crafting!
In EX WHM was a fair bit ahead, but for normals they're not as I've just noticed, which is interesting I guess. I'd say it's more likely the "good" players aren't parsing normal past getting their weekly loot though versus farming mounts in EX, so that'd skew the numbers maybe. We'll see once savage starts, but on EX WHMs are a fair bit ahead of AST on dmg. And obviously I mean rDPS, personnal is irrelevant.

Rali

Trakanon Raider
Pre-server up discussion on Mr. Happy's stream. This made me chuckle;

1641288314900.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just hope healers become relevant again in savage, 2 spots for them is really a waste atm, even 1 is a waste in normal content.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Hmm I thought there would be new crafting gear. I guess not yet?

We get the DoW/M sets first the crafter/gather sets will come later..

Also fuck that god dam hippo grrrr I really hate mechanics that just slice up the room like that.. It is a cool idea though but man, can't even manip thru it cause it just outright kills you.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
We get the DoW/M sets first the crafter/gather sets will come later..

Also fuck that god dam hippo grrrr I really hate mechanics that just slice up the room like that.. It is a cool idea though but man, can't even manip thru it cause it just outright kills you.

Makes me sad, I wanted to whip up some new gear. Guess I'll stick with the level 80 stuff for now.

I guess I will cry into the 250 X materia I have stockpiled to sell

Rali

Trakanon Raider
I got a set of the 560 gathering stuff from a FC friend and went on a gathering frenzy over the last few days. 3.5 mil of mats sold since server up and I got plenty more stock :)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I got a set of the 560 gathering stuff from a FC friend and went on a gathering frenzy over the last few days. 3.5 mil of mats sold since server up and I got plenty more stock :)

Yeah I'm about to see if I can make some money myself

1641300009181.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Prices for crafted stuff kinda crashed pretty fast and might crash further but mats are high yeah. Looks like too many crafters similar to late ShB, not too surprising I guess.

New gear is reskin of a pvp set which is nice since a lot of ppl didn't get that set anyway, looks alright. I'll craft my set later though, melds look really cheap for min melds(can use VIII materias and reach craft/control reqs, just need some overmeld for CP cap).

Watching savage, 1st looks pretty simple, 2nd a bit harder but I think once a "strat" comes out to standardize stuff it won't be that bad either, seems you can also cheese one of the harder mechanic with tank LB. DPS reqs look REALLY low, like 4deaths and several dmg down on P2S and still didn't see the enrage for ex.

Malkav

French Madman
Prices for crafted stuff kinda crashed pretty fast and might crash further but mats are high yeah. Looks like too many crafters similar to late ShB, not too surprising I guess.

New gear is reskin of a pvp set which is nice since a lot of ppl didn't get that set anyway, looks alright. I'll craft my set later though, melds look really cheap for min melds(can use VIII materias and reach craft/control reqs, just need some overmeld for CP cap).

Watching savage, 1st looks pretty simple, 2nd a bit harder but I think once a "strat" comes out to standardize stuff it won't be that bad either, seems you can also cheese one of the harder mechanic with tank LB. DPS reqs look REALLY low, like 4deaths and several dmg down on P2S and still didn't see the enrage for ex.

People undercutting like dumbasses will do that.

Also glad to hear they brought back Damage Down. I prefer those to vuln stacks, less melee deadass greeding.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Reapers actually cool as fuck once you get enshroud, surprised they can keep making good changes and new additions to classes still lol
Haven't looked into BLM but ill probably just stick with RPR anyway

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
BLM hasn't really changed much, but double triple cast is really neat. I leveled it doing dungeons and honestly it's really fucking easy to do movement stuff even when you're not planning properly now with all the changes as long as you're floating some stuff a bit. I'm not a huge fan of the new aoe rotation but other than that it's more fluid and mobile than ever, although it still doesn't have a rez so you're still giving up quite a bunch for raiding prog.