Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm fine with this nerf. It was an unintended way of getting more myth tomes than SE wanted you to get in a short time.

Why is everyone in a such a damn hurry, anyway?
Uh, Myth tomes are capped at 300 a week, so I have no idea what you're talking about here.

We were in a "hurry" because the fucking trash is worthless. There is a 0% chance of any interesting loot to drop, mobs drop 0 gil other than humanoids which drop 1-2 gil, everything has retarded amounts of hp, and durability damage is caused by using skills. And now they fixed it in the worst possible way, by adding EVEN MORE of the shit? Awesome.

Glad I got all the gear I need, because I just won't be doing AK at all now. I'll get my Myths from Bahamut's Coil.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Servers still down? I slept, went to work, and they're not up yet. I live in Japan, I shouldn't have to deal with this!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Uh, Myth tomes are capped at 300 a week, so I have no idea what you're talking about here.

We were in a "hurry" because the fucking trash is worthless. There is a 0% chance of any interesting loot to drop, mobs drop 0 gil other than humanoids which drop 1-2 gil, everything has retarded amounts of hp, and durability damage is caused by using skills. And now they fixed it in the worst possible way, by adding EVEN MORE of the shit? Awesome.

Glad I got all the gear I need, because just I won't be doing AK at all now. I'll get my Myths from Bahamut's Coil.
Speaking of BC, where's my spot? :p

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone using nVidia Inspector with ARR? I got Vorph's SweetFX settings to work, but I dislike how chat text gets slightly distorted. All I really want is better AA than ingame offers, and nicer colors (which SweetFX offers).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah all this AK nerf does is dick over those of us who werent part of the blitz wave of 50s. People who were cool with doing speed runs for Myth stones and helping along new people will no longer do it at all. The trash + boss model of content creation needs to go the fuck away and it needs to do it yesterday.

Vorph

Anyone using nVidia Inspector with ARR? I got Vorph's SweetFX settings to work, but I dislike how chat text gets slightly distorted. All I really want is better AA than ingame offers, and nicer colors (which SweetFX offers).
Check the link in my sig. There's an alternate settings file that uses FXAA, which looks almost as good as SMAA and doesn't distort text at all. I use that one myself now too.

Speaking of BC, where's my spot? :p
I don't know, I don't do organizing! I just go where they tell me and press buttons.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
I'd like to think Sean is a government employee who works at playing games.
There is no way federal employees value efficiency so highly.

That's also not a "bug" on the launcher, just Bad Design.
I think this pretty much sums up every single design aspect of this title. It's all "working as intended". One might think the intention was to piss off anyone with common sense or any IT/Programming knowledge.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'm only upset that I never got to do a speed run myself
wink.png

also: I dislike the 30 minute afk kick timer, if I play from work, I'm generally gone for at least an hour between breaks (working), it was nice not having to re-login each time.
No offense, but you DO realize you're the reason they put the AFK timer in there in the first place, right?

Not only you, but this kind of behavior. Personally I don't care either way cause all's fair and that kind of stuff, but it's kind of like someone who goes to the supermarket, sits there and eats all the 'free' samples until the store says "Fuck this... don't put anymore shit out until they actually buy something or they'll sit there all day facestuffing".

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord

Glad I got all the gear I need, because I just won't be doing AK at all now. I'll get my Myths from Bahamut's Coil.
Sometimes reading your posts makes me glad I'm in a crappy LS with noobs who don't know a fucking thing about "max anything" and I suck at this game to boot, because I'm only level 30s across the board.

I'd hate to be this uber and be so bored because I'm maxed with nothing to do already in less than a month and such a small change makes that big a difference to a 'grind' when this game already had no grind at all.

Seriously, I always wonder if people play like this are they trying to hurry up and be all finished with the mmo before the next one launches so they can be the first level ??? Whosulwhatsits there too or what? Whatever happened to people not minding playing one mmo for a few years without always trying to find the edge in them each launch?

Vorph

You're missing the point. I'm angry because they made the same mistake every MMO dev does--they fixed a perceived problem with player behavior by using the stick instead of the carrot. Nobody stopped to think, "Why are they skipping the trash?" They just flipped the fuck out when they saw people doing it and nerfed it in the most heavy-handed way possible, like something Blizzard would do (and has done on countless occasions). According to what I've read this morning the trash still drops nothing of value in either items or gil, still has the same hp, and now there's even more of it. That is completely unacceptable to me.

Edit: Word is, there's still safe spots anyway. Basically, people are saying you can speed run to right before where the new trash was added and just kill one or two packs and carry on like before. No idea if true, I'll let other people work out the details while I go back to crafting and leveling CNJ in between BC raids.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You're missing the point. I'm angry because they made the same mistake every MMO dev does--they fixed a perceived problem with player behavior by using the stick instead of the carrot. Nobody stopped to think, "Why are they skipping the trash?" They just flipped the fuck out when they saw people doing it and nerfed it in the most heavy-handed way possible, like something Blizzard would do (and has done on countless occasions).

Edit: Word is, there's still safe spots anyway. Basically, people are saying you can speed run to right before where the new trash was added and just kill one pack and carry on like before.
Good, as I'm going to need some carrying for gear through there.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good news if there is safe spots, my bard and paladin need legs boots and gaunts still I need to grind out tomorrow --> Monday + Relics.

Svieri - Didnt see you in mumb last night but if youre not running with Kat's crew next week hit me up for BC, got Babytown coming tonight as a sub.

Love,

Krassus

Vorph

Good news if there is safe spots, my bard and paladin need legs boots and gaunts still I need to grind out tomorrow --> Monday + Relics.

Svieri - Didnt see you in mumb last night but if youre not running with Kat's crew next week hit me up for BC, got Babytown coming tonight as a sub.

Love,

Krassus
I come in mumble after joining groups, not while I'm in town crafting and watching Netflix. :p I asked if we were going Tues. night, remember?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seriously, I always wonder if people play like this are they trying to hurry up and be all finished with the mmo before the next one launches so they can be the first level ??? Whosulwhatsits there too or what? Whatever happened to people not minding playing one mmo for a few years without always trying to find the edge in them each launch?
The problem is you have to run the dungeon about 70 fucking times to get geared. That's a retarded amount. I mean, it gets old after doing speed runs half a dozen times. The mobs in AK take forever to fucking kill, and like everyone else has said, they don't drop anything. They're literally just there to slow you down. At an average rate of 20 minutes a speed run, you're looking at about 24 hours of just running AK non-stop. That's not including time to queue and whatnot. If you think running the same dungeons for 24 hours sounds fun, you're retarded. Now, bump that up to probably an hour and it's 70 hours.

And it seriously screws those of us who didn't have the time to speed run the last 3 weeks. Basically, if you were someone who was doing speed runs already, you probably didn't need to do them anymore at this point. But the rest of us now have a giant cockblock in our way. Personally, I'm spending the entire weekend doing new speed runs since it sounds like you can still kind of do them. That way when they fix them again it won't fuck me again.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
These mother fucking retards. How god damn dumb are these fucking jappers? Let's make something that is completely fucking boring that you have to do 100 times and then stretch that bitch out because we're too stupid to actually relaunch our failure boat with enough things to do at cap. Christ, they could have just made the 15 dungeons you do once into heroics and had a fix for the problem, but nope, they've gotta make the game into a korean grinder. At 45 minutes a run, what is that, like 3 days /played of one fucking zone?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has there been any mention of the duty finder queues being fixed? That's going to be a real ass kicker if it's still a 30 minute wait with a pre-made group, plus an hour long run.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree that this is a silly change. You ruin your gear as people have already mentioned by actions, time, AND deaths (there is no mention of iLVL 50-90 having reduced repairs in the notes posted)

You can still speed run an 8m we shall not name for 100 in around 35 minutes as of this morning so its an alternative but that juice isnt even worth the squeeze when you compare it to AK runs that were 80 for borderline 11-14m runs for most speed groups. We're going to have to find other ways which it sounds like our friends are already doing today.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It sucks for mythology though. Will still end up having to do 8 long ass AK runs to cap out. If they take an hour, you've just spent a working day a week running it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah the shit sucks, especially for us which have not had a chance to exploit that shit to its fullest. And yeah I agree the fucking grind they want you to do to "extend" their lack of end game content is silly at best.

Like others have said, make this shit interesting with some random loot jackpots from trash, coin drops, seals, anything to make this grind a little more tolerable. In other news, maybe peeps will start running the other lv 50 dungeon now?