Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Having a great time as well. If anything it feels like what I expected EQ2 to have been with nicer graphics. In addition I feel like I have a ton of things to do. I may be the minority but I like the choices of FATES, Duty Finder, LeveQuests, GuildHiests, Story Quests, normal quests, and just exploring while I listen to the music. I haven't began tradeskilling, really working the market, or even raiding. Not to mention we have PvP, player/guild housing, and other stuff on the way.

To me, given the status of MMO's currently thrown together with what the industry has been like for years, I can't even imagine a better game. I'm not saying it is, was, or going to be the savior of MMO's but they definitely got a lot more right for my playstyle than they have wrong.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Still enjoying myself. Lost steam leveling my main class in the 40s.. would love to pay 500k gil and instantly be 50 or something, but enjoying the game. Will focus on leveling main battleclass instead of tinkering with crafting eventually.

Column_sl

shitlord
The game is definitely good up to 50 especially if you do all the dungeons.

Besides the primals at 50 it starts to fall apart.

You can pretty much sub for a month ,and get everything from this game has then quit.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Welcome to every MMO released since WoW.

At least we know that S-E will continue to support this game after taking the time/money to re-launch it.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
This is cute. I remember my first MMO...
Your implied assumption is pretty stupid. I've been playing MMOs since UO, and I'm not even affected by this issue, so it's certainly not a personal complaint.

I am not aware of another situation where temporary bans have been laid out for nothing more than legitimately earning some game currency, or using the in-game auction house UNLESS they were retracted as accidents.

It's only a fraud if they don't compensate people who got suspended and are getting cleared with 3 days of gametime. And even then it's not really fraud because they don't guarantee 24/7 access anyway.
Whether or not they guarantee 24-hour uptime is both irrelevant and a straw-man joke. In the absence of a violation of the ToS (a criterion which is not always necessary), retraction of a prepaid service is absolutely actionable in court. It's obviously often impractical to pursue, but I don't see why S-E should not have their spades identified as such.

But, hey, good to know that you know for a fact "in the future" they'll "compensate" everyone. I wonder why that doesn't work in criminal or civil court...couldn't you just return that shit you stole, or repay that debt a bit late? Alas, there's that tricky concept of damages and 3 days now is not worth the same as the possibility of 3 days compensation later.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Fun bit of a knowledge: With access to the Allagan caster weapon/allagan gear, THM's are the best DPS class in the game. The only reason why THMs switch to BLM right now is because the Relic weapon is BLM only. Using the allagan THM weapon lets you use all of the main THM damage abilitiesandhave the ability to use internal release/blood for blood.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Fun bit of a knowledge: With access to the Allagan caster weapon/allagan gear, THM's are the best DPS class in the game. The only reason why THMs switch to BLM right now is because the Relic weapon is BLM only. Using the allagan THM weapon lets you use all of the main THM damage abilitiesandhave the ability to use internal release/blood for blood.
Same with archer and possibly other classes.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still enjoying the game a lot, mostly because the graphics and music are top notch, definitely better than any mmo I've yet played. I do wish their combat was a bit more involved. As it is it is even more basic than Ffxi. So the challenge is yet again achieved by this arcades dodging and timing stuff, which is fine and all but Tera already did that and it gets tedious.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And you get this where? I don't think anyone even has the caster weapon + oh. Iirc the only kill atm is from bugging it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The game is definitely good up to 50 especially if you do all the dungeons.

Besides the primals at 50 it starts to fall apart.

You can pretty much sub for a month ,and get everything from this game has then quit.
if people poopsock all of it, they can probably finish this game in 1 month, aside from mythology limitations.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
And you get this where? I don't think anyone even has the caster weapon + oh. Iirc the only kill atm is from bugging it.
All the ilvl90 Allagan weapons are datamined. Twintania dropped one of those weapons in the bugged kill from the euro guild, so it's not really a big leap to conclude that all of those weapons are on Twintania's loot table.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not talking about the weapons actually dropping, I mean the numbers to back up your claim about THM compared to BLM.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What does the Archer get that the Bard does not? Just curious, since my Bard has internal release, blood for blood along with the normal Archer buffs of hawkeye / barrage / raging strikes.
They can take more cross class abilities when they don't have a job selected. You could then toss in Invigorate and Second Wind for starters. Or you could add pure heals, another dot, raise, a number of different options.

None of the bard abilities directly affect you as much as everyone else. Same issue with BLM and other classes though, you can't have a top end weapon.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Job classes get +10 all stats with +20 to primary. Base classes get 12 cross-class abilities instead of 5 and aren't restricted to a couple of classes.

Useful abilities a Thaumaturge can use that Black Mages can not:
Internal Release
Blood for Blood
Raise
Second Wind
Mantra
Convalescence

Black Mage unique abilities that are lost:
Convert
Freeze
Apothestasis
Lethargy
Aetherial Manipulation
Flare

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Job classes get +10 all stats with +20 to primary. Base classes get 12 cross-class abilities instead of 5 and aren't restricted to a couple of classes.

Useful abilities a Thaumaturge can use that Black Mages can not:
Internal Release
Blood for Blood
Raise
Second Wind
Mantra
Convalescence

Black Mage unique abilities that are lost:
Convert
Freeze
Apothestasis
Lethargy
Aetherial Manipulation
Flare
Yeah not sure on the BLM you can say more about that. I am pretty positive archer would be great without the job.

Sean_sl

shitlord
What does the Archer get that the Bard does not? Just curious, since my Bard has internal release, blood for blood along with the normal Archer buffs of hawkeye / barrage / raging strikes.
Absolutely nothing, a_skeleton_03 doesn't know what he's talking about.

Bards get Pugilist+Lancer cross-class abilities which gives them every single useful DPS ability in the game. Blood for Blood, Invigorate, Internal Release, Second Wind.

There's 0 reason to use Archer over Bard, especially with the stat loss (Jobs give you a significant stat boost) and and ability loss (a major AE skill, besides the songs).

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Wow wake up to a banned email this morning. I haven't had time to play in a week. Only level 29 with about 27k gil. Aw well f'em the game got boring and stale after a while.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Absolutely nothing, a_skeleton_03 doesn't know what he's talking about.

Bards get Pugilist+Lancer cross-class abilities which gives them every single useful DPS ability in the game. Blood for Blood, Invigorate, Internal Release, Second Wind.

There's 0 reason to use Archer over Bard, especially with the stat loss (Jobs give you a significant stat boost) and and ability loss (a major AE skill, besides the songs).
Archer gets those cross class abilities also ..... AND MORE.