Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just saw Naoki's letter on another site, (the one linked above). What was happening that was so major? That cant just be about ACT...

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I just saw Naoki's letter on another site, (the one linked above). What was happening that was so major? That cant just be about ACT...

The world first group was using zoom hacks and plugins that showed them the hitbox size for mechanics.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Don't post clickbait, especially when it's been called out in every forum as being told to investors for 2023 which obviously is not an xpac year.

Cybsled

Ya, it's just shitty clickbait. They have no expansion packs planned for release in 2023. The upcoming fanfest is literally going to announce the next xpac, though

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got bored so fired up a free account to see how noob friendly the game is now from a leveling experience. Seems really solid now. Leveling is nice and smooth and it seems like they reworked a lot of the dungeons (at least the vanilla ones) to be way more user friendly.

Goonsquad Officer
Got bored so fired up a free account to see how noob friendly the game is now from a leveling experience. Seems really solid now. Leveling is nice and smooth and it seems like they reworked a lot of the dungeons (at least the vanilla ones) to be way more user friendly.
Yea they ironed out the new dungeons. Shit I think all the way to the start of stormblood. Less retarded layouts. Actual fun boss3s. And you can use the npc parties now.

Cybsled

The biggest change was with the ARR dungeons, like 1000 Maws. That place used to be a virtual maze, but they made it linear in a revamp. Some may decry the loss of a non-linear dungeon, but it really didn't fit anymore since everything post ARR followed a different layout. Plus it was confusing as fuck for noobs

• 1Like

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Most FOHers play on gilgamesh. There’s a guild, post on the thread for an invite.
Just started playing about a month ago, loving it so far. You guys still active and accepting new players?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Worthy of His Back is the single worst quest in the history of all games. I don't think the japs tested it at all with BLM. Getting overran by last 2 waves of orbs because basically all your spells have +2 sec cast time and orbs take about 4-5 sec to reach V is quite fun. Not to mention you have to fucking move from aoe to not get a damage down debuff. And when you fail you have to do some 7-8 minutes of boring phases just to get to the orb one. The US should have dropped the 3rd bomb.

• 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Worthy of His Back is the single worst quest in the history of all games. I don't think the japs tested it at all with BLM. Getting overran by last 2 waves of orbs because basically all your spells have +2 sec cast time and orbs take about 4-5 sec to reach V is quite fun. Not to mention you have to fucking move from aoe to not get a damage down debuff. And when you fail you have to do some 7-8 minutes of boring phases just to get to the orb one. The US should have dropped the 3rd bomb.
Well since Yoshida plays BLM, clearly it's been tested. The orbs move slow as fuck, and you have plenty of instant cast options as a BLM if you hold your cooldowns for that phase(Swiftcast, Triplecast, Xeno x2, plus whatever Xeno you can get back and whatever Thunderstuck/Firestarter proc you can get during the phase). Just focus the red ones first. BLM is not the easiest on this but with the raw damage output, it's really not hard.

If you fail you can also lower the difficulty of the fight.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Do you only have one job?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Well since Yoshida plays BLM, clearly it's been tested. The orbs move slow as fuck, and you have plenty of instant cast options as a BLM if you hold your cooldowns for that phase(Swiftcast, Triplecast, Xeno x2, plus whatever Xeno you can get back and whatever Thunderstuck/Firestarter proc you can get during the phase). Just focus the red ones first. BLM is not the easiest on this but with the raw damage output, it's really not hard.

If you fail you can also lower the difficulty of the fight.

so far I've been refusing to lower the difficulty. Fuck doing this on easy.
Do you only have one job?

yea, because I don't no-life any more like I did in wow

• 1Dislike

Cybsled

Somewhere YoshiP is saying...

1676215928993.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I caved, set it to very easy, and beat it on a 2nd try. On the 1st I fucked up the cd rotation for orbs. Still, I maintain my position that it's a faggy quest. Having said that, Id's simp for Venat, if I was into that sort of degeneracy.

• 1GreNeg

Malakriss

Not enough games adopt the casting while moving concept which leaves mana using classes at a greater disadvantage in all forms of combat as games progress.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
As Pyros pointed out, BLM have quite a few things they can do on the move these days. I’ve been playing the job since ARR and this is the most mobility they’ve ever had. I don’t know what quest Bubbles struggled with, I haven’t had a sub in a few months. Waiting to come back sometime between 6.4 and 6.5.

What’s the relic quest like right now? Last time I was playing it was just “buy the piece with 1000 tomes” step. I think I asked a while back and someone said it wasn’t gonna be a Eureka/Bozja style quest, which was a bit of a disappointment for me. Really enjoyed leveling jobs in Bozja.