Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
200 a ticket? Holy shit and I thought Blizzcon was a ripoff.

I'm not mistaken right? They don't do anything like Blizzard did for blizzcon aside from shows and panels, right?

As far as I am aware, there aren't beta's for upcoming products, there aren't tourneys, at most you'd get a expansion trailer and at minimum a patch trailer. 200 USD seems like a lot to pay just to enter a venue and not get at least a hand-job in a place like vegas.

Early day EQ Fan Faire's even had "Live Quests" that were entertaining at least.
There's a concert. You also usually get something you can activate ingame iirc although it's sold later in the shop for everyone(like a year later I think, like usual event rewards). And some physical goodies. Is it worth 200$? Meh probably not but ppl go there for the whole event thing. Personally I can't be bothered, the last time there was one(pre covid) it was literally 10mins from where I lived and I still couldn't be bothered looking into going there. I'll just watch the stream.

Shit sells pretty much instantly so ultimately they're not overpricing them versus the demand.

Juvarisx

Florida
Looking at playing this again after stopping before this current expansion came out. I had all the classes level capped for Shadowbringers, but mained Dragoon, how is that class fairing in the new expansion, or should I be playing a different class?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Looking at playing this again after stopping before this current expansion came out. I had all the classes level capped for Shadowbringers, but mained Dragoon, how is that class fairing in the new expansion, or should I be playing a different class?

All classes viable atm. Dragoon is in a good spot.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Yeah I was looking at FFlogs to figure out what I wanted to do, all the DPS seem to be very balanced, melee within 5% of eachother, caster about 10% below melee. Tank dps on average looks like within about 1% of eachother. Healing though seems a bit off, granted I don't know much about healing in this game, but WHM average healing 7700 per second, sage 9300, so a pretty large gap. Not sure if that even matters outside of hardcore raiding.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also Dragoon is getting a re-work in 7.0(They already talked about this), if its anything like the Monk(but probably won't be as major as the Summoner one) re-work its gonna be good =p

As far as endgame healing side is fine, the little bit of Sage I've played in p8s/DSR they are a interesting class but mehhh, still like White Mage for healing more.. Of course anytime a new tier releases there is always growing pains because of new Oh Shit mechanics..

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Healing though seems a bit off, granted I don't know much about healing in this game, but WHM average healing 7700 per second, sage 9300, so a pretty large gap. Not sure if that even matters outside of hardcore raiding.
WHM is really straightforward, the other three healers have really annoying mechanics you have to suffer to get the higher numbers. So for a regular person WHM is likely better (it is for me at least, I probably just suck).

Got WHM/SCH at 90 and the other two at 70.

Scholar has the benefit of also levelling Summoner so is worth doing regardless.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
We have 9 active in FC now so I threw up an Aetheriel Wheel to stockpile some 15% buffs, and we're running 10% XP + 1 buff 24/7.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I was looking at FFlogs to figure out what I wanted to do, all the DPS seem to be very balanced, melee within 5% of eachother, caster about 10% below melee. Tank dps on average looks like within about 1% of eachother. Healing though seems a bit off, granted I don't know much about healing in this game, but WHM average healing 7700 per second, sage 9300, so a pretty large gap. Not sure if that even matters outside of hardcore raiding.
Healing numbers pretty much never matter, it just depends on the kit and how it's used in encounters. Sometimes WHM is top healer because it's a fight that requires a lot of GCD healing which WHM is best at, sometimes it's SCH/SGE because they just have mostly oGCD healing and they're usually better at it than WHM. It's also split between the 2 healers so depending on who does what, you'll see differences between the same comp on the same fight with the same gear and same kill time because how you map your cooldowns for healing varies between people and there's more than one way to do it(also varies depending on the DPS you have, some offer additional healing/mitigation).

At the end of the day it's more a question of "can these healers do every fight" and "how bad is the DPS of the healers", and for the former it's pretty much always yes and the later varies a bunch but I think it's pretty close atm(haven't looked though). Sometimes you'll want specific healers for specific fights because they're better at it(I remember astro for the heal check in P3S with macrocosm for example that shit was broken) but even then you can absolutely use every healer.

Daidraco

Ok, Im going to pull the trigger on getting this new expansion. Nothing is grabbing my attention for at least a couple months, now. Going to play my character on Gilgamesh if I can join the FC. My other character on the other datacenter I can just wait for the inevitable g/f's "I want to play" and play that character when she plays.

Since you guys pay attention to FFXIV stuff, Im sure marketing has some overlap with you. Have any of you seen a good deal on the expansion? Paying full box price for it, plus a sub, seems odd this late into the expansion.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok, Im going to pull the trigger on getting this new expansion. Nothing is grabbing my attention for at least a couple months, now. Going to play my character on Gilgamesh if I can join the FC. My other character on the other datacenter I can just wait for the inevitable g/f's "I want to play" and play that character when she plays.

Since you guys pay attention to FFXIV stuff, Im sure marketing has some overlap with you. Have any of you seen a good deal on the expansion? Paying full box price for it, plus a sub, seems odd this late into the expansion.

It was half price over Christmas, but unless you want to wait for another sale, I don't think there's any option other than the $40.

The half price sale ended Jan 19th.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, Squenix doesn't really do sales all that often. Seeing how many units they sell they really have no reason to. Just remember that they don't expect you to maintain a sub for any period of time. Just play as long as you want to then leave again.

Daidraco

Logged onto the Gilgamesh character for the first time since probably ARR. Have a handful of quests that say to abandon them. Messaged Chysamere Chysamere - but would appreciate an FC invite.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Logged onto the Gilgamesh character for the first time since probably ARR. Have a handful of quests that say to abandon them. Messaged Chysamere Chysamere - but would appreciate an FC invite.

There will be a lot of quests that you will need to abandon, with the re-work they did for the ARR -> HW portion of the game a lot was trimmed down, and with the new Deep Dungeon coming soon a few weekly quests that apply to Crystal Tower were also removed.

• 1Like

Daidraco

There will be a lot of quests that you will need to abandon, with the re-work they did for the ARR -> HW portion of the game a lot was trimmed down, and with the new Deep Dungeon coming soon a few weekly quests that apply to Crystal Tower were also removed.
Its pretty cool seeing them in there. Its like a corny historical kind of thing for the character. 'member when?!" kind of thing. My character on Coeurl is maxxed out on Shadowbringers but he was created shortly before Shadowbringers.

Cybsled

Randomly went to the inn in the Crystarium to fix some glamour plate stuff and the shoebill was sitting on the balcony. I don't think I've seen that before

bird.jpg

• 1Mother of God

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Randomly went to the inn in the Crystarium to fix some glamour plate stuff and the shoebill was sitting on the balcony. I don't think I've seen that before

View attachment 459609
It appears in a lot of random places. There was some meme at some point it was Emet-Sech watching you and stupid shit like that but it's just something they did for fun. It's like how you can find Alpha and mini Omega in various Stormblood places after you've done the story for them as they're visiting the world. Originally in ARR there was also the Carbuncle who would appear in various places in Mor Dhona and some sidequest even referred to it.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 459609

I’ve seen reports of him being there for a while, at least since the 5.x patch arc. Not sure if it‘s random like Alpha or if he’s always there.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Had to do this Manderville thing for the new relic weapons, skipped all of the cutscenes of course but accidentally watched two and the guy is fucking dressing in disguise as a bride, then later a seppuku executioner - what the fuck.

I did the Godbert running meme quest during ARR or maybe Heavensward, so I knew what this was... kinda sad I skipped most of it but I'm not suffering through filler to get to the good stuff.

I loved it when Yojimbo started doing the "ladies who dress like men" quote and figuring out he was Gilgamesh just before he transformed. Was also happy to see true Endiku instead of the green chicken in the other fight, but no idea where he came from or where he went lol.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Had to do this Manderville thing for the new relic weapons, skipped all of the cutscenes of course but accidentally watched two and the guy is fucking dressing in disguise as a bride, then later a seppuku executioner - what the fuck.

I did the Godbert running meme quest during ARR or maybe Heavensward, so I knew what this was... kinda sad I skipped most of it but I'm not suffering through filler to get to the good stuff.

I loved it when Yojimbo started doing the "ladies who dress like men" quote and figuring out he was Gilgamesh just before he transformed. Was also happy to see true Endiku instead of the green chicken in the other fight, but no idea where he came from or where he went lol.

The whole Manderville quest line is absolutely hilarious. None of that shit would fly in a Western-made MMO. Bless the Japanese and their standards.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users