Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

I forgot the rings actually display on your character, so ya, that would be something that would have to be solved for

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The unique tag is the problem, if we had two earring slots they'd do the same dumb thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know when they usually remove the 450 weekly cap on tomestones between expansions? Didn't do any Savage raids this time around and I wanna see if I can get them done before Dawntrail.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know when they usually remove the 450 weekly cap on tomestones between expansions? Didn't do any Savage raids this time around and I wanna see if I can get them done before Dawntrail.

It will not be removed .. for Comedys till the next raid tier starts, then Comedy becomes the new Casuality.

You have 5 months till Dawntrail or probably longer, they haven't stated a date for the expansion release. Usually it will release near the start of the Fan Fests.

Loot limits will be removed with the next patch in April though for Savage Drops, and all 3 Alliance raids you'll be able to farm everything up.(It should be unlimited after that patch)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah when they double it, it goes much faster. There should be the augmented crafted path too for 10ilvls lower which is plenty to do the first few floors of savage even in pubs this late since most don't have stupid reqs like "BiS ilvl only", mix with tome gear where it's BiS and start learning/grinding the first 3 fights for a couple of weeks and then you're basically there anyway. Don't need to go full tome gear since half of it is usually the wrong stats and not BiS, although more pieces still help for progging fights.

As for when, based on last expansion, it was 5.55 > 1month later 5.57 which had the weekly tome cap increase as well as savage infinite loot > 1month later 5.58 with infinite blade drops from normal raid(for tome weapon, instead of 1 per week so 4weeks to make a weapon) and increase to Savage Echo to 15%. That'd put the first patch at mid february and the 2nd at mid march. Expansion release like june/july so plenty of time.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Nice, thanks for the info fellas!

It's funny. I've been playing this game on and off since 1.0 open beta. Never had a reason to do POTD but in my attempt to see all of Endwalker content I had to do up to the 50th floor for the newer deep dungeon. After all this time I finally freed poor Edda... In my games canon that poor chick has had it pretty rough for a long time.

Last edited:

Cybsled

You really do need to read up and prepare, though. Specifically for boss fights

Highest I think I ever got in original POTD solo was floor 100

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I can't imagine that being a title I ever go for. If i'm gonna sink my time into anything long term it's gonna be learning an ultimate fight or two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you need to finish some shadowbringer relics going past 100 in POTD lets you skip some DRs, but little practical use other than that.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user