Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think a few server merges with the 2.2 patch would be reasonable. It looks like several of the us servers are at one half to one third of Gilgamesh pop

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tons of trannies, Vinyard. Its the offical home of the LGBT community. And reddit. Same thing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Best part about this game was ruining the elaborate RP furry fuckfests.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I love my bard, funnest class to play IMO. Lots of mobility, decent dps and pretty much always needed due to support songs that other classes don't have equivalent buffs for. Mana for healers and +damage for other casters.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
bard is so fucking easy. my brain was going nuts when i was playing monk. getting adjusted to it again was pretty fun.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are Bards? I really miss my bard from EQ and was hoping to find another MMO that makes bards fun to play.
Long as you realize bard is nothing like the bard from EQ. It's pretty much a ranged dps with 3 Utility songs(mana regen, tp regen and the resist debuff for mobs) you play when required(ie not constantly).

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sorry if this was answered recently, and I missed it - with the purchase of the PC version, will there be any discount from SE for double dipping on the PS4 version when it comes out?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Sorry if this was answered recently, and I missed it - with the purchase of the PC version, will there be any discount from SE for double dipping on the PS4 version when it comes out?
Not for the PC. If you bought the CE for the PC you'll be given the CE from the PS4 (the items, not the game itself). IF you bought a PS3 copy you will be given a free PS4 copy (probs digital download)

p0wl_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the advise all. Rolled archer, and I made it to level 5. The game feels really solid, but has lots of the standard MMO quests. Is grinding mobs a viable way to gain XP or should I stick to questing?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
questing is the best way to level up. fating in between is fine as well. just make sure not to do those fates that has one boss mob. once you get one class to 50, you get 50% exp bonus buff.

Variise

N00b
Don't forget to pull out your Chocobo, once you unlock it, and use it for every single fight you can. It will still probably take you 3 class/job leveling to 50 before you max it out but at least it won't feel so much like straight up grinding. You can thank me later.

One last point. When you spend SP on skills on your chocobo remember that you can only unlock the Relic barding if you spend all your points in one skill tree. Each tree has a unique barding. IMO attacker owns them all as you get a Dragoon style barding.

If all you do is dungeons then ignore this post since you won't ever use your chocobo in combat. I have a friend that does that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you ever have to grind mobs on your first class you are probably doing something wrong. Stick to quests and dungeons when you unlock them.