Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Really enjoying this so far, so many ways to gain exp and level up!

I really hate the Scions / Order of the Seventh Dawn or whatever the fuck they are called. Every quest now seems to have a step where you have to travel back to their leader in the middle of nowhere who tells you what you just did and what your next step is in a REALLY boring way. "Well done for choosing the Twin Serpant Grand Company, now go do missions for them" "GO BACK!? REALLY!? I WAS JUST FUCKING THERE YOU BITCH." Please tell me that they all die.

I'm assuming I'm too late for the reolled guild as usual?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I assume the rerolled guild died out not too long after launch so yeah. The story stuff has quite a bit of backtracking for no reason but I've seen worse, and it has some decent parts especially near the end. Praetorium and shit are pretty awesome even though goddamn there's a lot of cutscenes.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
Any RR/EU's playing on Phoenix ?
I'm currently on Leviathan which is pretty bad for EU, and seeing 2 coworkers have started on phoenix I might just transfer over.

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
I'm assuming I'm too late for the reolled guild as usual?
I'm still in the RR guild on Gilgamesh though it's dead. I believe the guild leader still logs in about once a week. Pretty casual on weekdays, only logging in to do the roulettes. Me and a rl friend are pretty active on the weekends though. Friend is war/sch and I'm mnk currently leveling up war. Nei Landale is ign if anyone wants to group.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just got White Mage, end of Day 3. Still pretty happy and less Scions of the Seventh Dawn cutscenes for me to skip.

I like that you actually have to pay attention to the fights or you lose, this game is over the difficulty of lv90 WoW at about lv10. I'm a little over the level needed for the main quest since I'm doing ALL the side quests, but everytime I get a Class Quest it's at my level and pretty rewarding to beat with the difficulty.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm dicking around on Gilg with a char named Elrezz Darkraven atm. I didn't make a char on Gilg due to the queues, but I still have a 50whm on Malboro with a smattering of other classes in the 20s. Decided Wildstar isn't for me, as I don't have the time to dedicate to a hardcore guild that can actually do the dungeons and I'm too l33t to put up with stupid scrubs who don't listen/pay attention for the random dungeons. I literally explained the entirety of Stormtalon probably 30 times over the course of two days as I was maxing my warrior's quest sword out. Simply decided it wasn't for me. FF's stuff is more forgiving but the playerbase is much less retarded on average, from my experience. Perfect for my casual ass.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'm still in the RR guild on Gilgamesh though it's dead. I believe the guild leader still logs in about once a week. Pretty casual on weekdays, only logging in to do the roulettes. Me and a rl friend are pretty active on the weekends though. Friend is war/sch and I'm mnk currently leveling up war. Nei Landale is ign if anyone wants to group.
Yeah, I'm still on now and then, but for the most part, I don't play anymore. You're the only other active person in the guild.

I'll make you an officer so you can invite folks if you want.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I like that you actually have to pay attention to the fights or you lose... everytime I get a Class Quest it's at my level and pretty rewarding to beat with the difficulty.
Are we playing the same FF14? Even the endgame fights are only challenging because using the duty finder gives you anywhere from 2 to 5 retards 100% of the time in the 8man content.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Class quests are stupid easy. Primals can be a little difficult if you're in a completely newbie group that doesn't know the mechanics, but otherwise nothing is terribly difficult until you hit 50.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Class quests are stupid easy. Primals can be a little difficult if you're in a completely newbie group that doesn't know the mechanics, but otherwise nothing is terribly difficult until you hit 50.
Some of the class quests are "hard" if you don't read what you're supposed to do. Like some of the black mage or THM ones where you have to sleep mobs instead of fighting them and shit. There was a lot of complaining about that. The last scholar and summoner quests are also relatively challenging for solo content I found. Not hard hard but like, not wow easy or grind FATEs easy. Don't think his point was that it was incredibly hard, but if you're eating paint chips for breakfast and dinner it's quite a lot less likely you'll do all your class quests on first try. They don't push you to the limit but they pose a fairly decent challenge so that you have to pay attention and stuff, which is nice.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Some of the class quests are "hard" if you don't read what you're supposed to do. Like some of the black mage or THM ones where you have to sleep mobs instead of fighting them and shit. There was a lot of complaining about that. The last scholar and summoner quests are also relatively challenging for solo content I found. Not hard hard but like, not wow easy or grind FATEs easy. Don't think his point was that it was incredibly hard, but if you're eating paint chips for breakfast and dinner it's quite a lot less likely you'll do all your class quests on first try. They don't push you to the limit but they pose a fairly decent challenge so that you have to pay attention and stuff, which is nice.
I'm still lurking here and there on Gilgamesh; haven't had much time for gaming lately. If you see Jaen Mandar, c'est moi and it probably means I'm lurking in a queue for casual-bluebie myth garnering towards finishing Animus. 2.3's changes to Myth gaining was purty nice, especially the completion bonuses for carrying/helping newbies. Having your Trial roulette for the day give you 115-200 Myth is not really inefficient time wise.

On the subject of the L50 Job quests: Is it bad that I failed each and every L50 Job quest at least once?
tongue.png
I needed a few tries on the Summoner one because the egi he summons is no joke; Scholar I didn't heal the Lala (oops!) and failed that; White Mage I didn't realize what was blowing up on me the first time (oops!).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's a free weekend, I logged in real fast. Man I forgot how beautiful this game is. Anyone else that has been away awhile want to try and remember how to play this damn game? I'm a Paladin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I logged in quick too to check shit for when I plan to actually play the game again. Seems I'll have to server transfer somewhere less shitty, which sadly is gonna cost me a few more euros because I have too much gil apparently. Can only transfer 1million per character but you can transfer up to 8characters in one transfer fee so I'll have to make mules but that means I have to buy a sub for multiple chars instead of single char. I'll probably resub a week or so before Ninja patch, which should be around september, don't care too much about playing right now.

What are server clusters btw or whatever? What's shared between them? LFG was already shared before even between regions afaik, is it for PvP?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Hey I'm Rexie Soulstar on gilgamesh as you can see in my sig, I left the rerolled guild when it mostly died out but I am a 50 crafter in everything, so if any new people are playing and need some gear, PM me here and I'll pop on and make shit.

Crafting doesn't have a hell of a lot of value, but it helps when leveling up to have HQ everything.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well I was starting to think this as the later quests were much easier. Maybe I ust knew how to play better.

Then I got raped by Garuda. Yeah just stick a raid boss in the levelling path, why not :p As well as the blunt "walk around town for the 3rd time and make sure you got all the quests" tutorials, there are some quite subtle ones as well. I took Garuda to be a gear/communication check.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Recording the following to refer back to in future as much as anything else. System is so complicated you tend to forget it when you've been away for a while.

How to 100% HQ 1-2 star gear

Need full HQ gear/equipment and Bouillabaise for increased CP

80 CP gear (liberal use of tricks of the trade)

Comfort Zone
Inner Quiet
Steady Hands II
4 x Hasty Touch
Steady Hands II
2 x Hasty Touch => 20 CP
Masters Mend II
Hasty Touch => 40 Condition
Steady Hands II
Ingenuity II
1 x Touch
Greater Strides
Byregots
2 x Careful Synth II

40 CP Materials (limited use of tricks of the trade)

Comfort Zone
Inner Quiet
Steady Hands II
Waste Not
4 x Basic Touch
Steady Hands II
Ingenuity II
Waste Not
1 x Basic Touch
Greater Strides
Byregots Blessing
Careful Synthesis II

80 CP gear can comfortably be HQ'ed with all NQ materials. 40 CP materials can be comfortably HQ'ed with all HQ ingredients and 10%% HQ'ed with 50% HQ ingredients if you have a sufficient amount of materia ingrained in the gear you are wearing (eq Twinthread with 1 NQ and 1 HQ Crawler Cocoon).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Then I got raped by Garuda.
Heh, yeah. The storyline quests are a bit harder than the solo class/job quests. As far as primals go, at least with newbies in appropriate gear, I always thought Garuda was more demanding than Titan even though he comes later.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Heh, yeah. The storyline quests are a bit harder than the solo class/job quests. As far as primals go, at least with newbies in appropriate gear, I always thought Garuda was more demanding than Titan even though he comes later.
Garuda comes later in the story. Titan is like 35ish and Garuda 45ish. It's when you do "hard modes" aka the raid version that Garuda is one tier lower, not sure why the order is different.

Personally as a healer I found story Garuda to be infinitely easier than Titan in pubs. Garuda you can combat rez retards and you can more or less keep them alive through the rest of the fight even if they're being retards, but Titan knocks people off the platform and that's that, after your 2 retarded DPS are dead you're not doing shit anymore. I felt I had a lot more control on Garuda's success than Titan's success in the story instances. In the raids it wasn't quite the same story, even though still Titan is a lot harder due to people getting knocked off the platform and not being rezzable but on top of that the fight in general is just a lot harder.

Btw in the Live Letter they had a part about the Ninja, just using random skills and shit, nothing extraordinary and bunch of it was in the reveal video but still:

Sarg_sl

shitlord
Anyone know of a good guide for leveling up crafting quick? I get the whole "do leves" concept, but I feel like I'm just running around more than I'm making progress.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Anyone know of a good guide for leveling up crafting quick? I get the whole "do leves" concept, but I feel like I'm just running around more than I'm making progress.
Rexie/Aladain probably can find one for you, but -- and this is just me speaking from personal experience -- I had a very easy time of it by just trying to do everything at once. Why? Self-sufficiency and never having to buy (overpriced) mats from the AH. A battlecraft retainer feeding you desired, nuisance mats (so you don't have to farm it yourself) is very useful, too.