Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aww hell ya Pyros! Coming through with the info!! Thank you again!

Friend and I enjoy tank/healers, so one of us will be that for sure to help with queue times, and then one of us will be a DPS to start probably. When I played at launch on Gilgamesh, I was an archer guy, but again, didn't get very far, so this will be like a fresh coming back.

How have they worked out communication between Ps4 players and PC players? I assume for PS4 there are some quickly accessible hotkeys for talking, and then voice chat? If playing with others on Ps4 I assume you just make a party chat, like peeps do for Destiny or otherwise, but if you want to talk to a PC player? PS4 supports keyboards, so that's the easiest way?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's no voice chat, other than 3rd party stuff(though not sure how it works on PS4, if you can launch teamspeak from there or if you like need a laptop/phone or some shit and it has nothing to do with the PS4). You can in theory type with like a pad but that's terrible(they have a system with premade sentences/game terms where it autofills shit though but still terrible), you can just plug in any USB keyboard in and type with that. Most PS4 players have a keyboard from what I've seen and they use that to type and use 3rd party voice chat for serious content like you'd do in any other mmo. In general you don't type in combat anyway, similar to most mmos, just not really enough time to do so, so not too big of an issue if you just type between fights.

Pad control is otherwise very good, I've raided with many PS4 players and it didn't look they had any specific issues, other than healing 24man which sucks dicks if you try to cross group heal, but then again you don't really need to and 24man raiding is the casual shit, most people in there are mentally challenged and it's very much like old wow raiding where you need like 5 competent players to complete the whole thing and everyone else is just there to add damage. Ability Bloat can be problematic though for certain classes, but you can macro a bunch of stuff if you're feeling lazy, it tends to be slightly less efficient but it rarely matters.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
If anyone is on Excalibur, I'm in a small FC of pretty damn helpful people who are pretty good at the game. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want an invite. Or I can get you a linkshell too if you want to stay where you're at. IGN - Grumble Cake.

Also going to randomly stream the game if you want to watch / want to see anything specific. twitch.tv/grumblecake

Crone

Imported my PC toon to ps4. Level 16 archer, named Crone Pi! Gilgamesh server. I kinda wanna roll a healer type but will see what's up first with this.

Edit: Well not playing tonight, going to take me 3 hours to patch. Oops! Bad internet is bad.
frown.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So many trash players on Siren. It's impossible to get a clear on Titan Ex or Twintania because people keep dying to "lag."

misery_sl

shitlord
Wish I had time to play this. Damnit.
Yeah, same problem with me. I just don't know if I have the time to devote to gaming right now. I think I only played this for a month or two before, but I completely got my money's worth out of it, and the updates keep tempting me back. I don't think many games are worth a sub, but if any are, this is one of them imo.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
So many trash players on Siren. It's impossible to get a clear on Titan Ex or Twintania because people keep dying to "lag."
In all fairness, when I was playing I had lag every once in a while. Until I learned the Titan EX fight down pat enough to preemptively move I died a fair amount. That fight helps tons if you can get everyone on voice coms. When I was making groups for the weekly clear I would require people to jump in vent and I would call switches and moves. It made the weekly clears easy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In all fairness, when I was playing I had lag every once in a while. Until I learned the Titan EX fight down pat enough to preemptively move I died a fair amount. That fight helps tons if you can get everyone on voice coms. When I was making groups for the weekly clear I would require people to jump in vent and I would call switches and moves. It made the weekly clears easy.
Yeah, which means it isn't lag and more like brain lag. If you know what's coming and move right away, it's very easy to avoid most of titan's abilities. The only trick part is the cross bombs where you have to stand on a bomb then move to another, but with echo nowadays you can just stand on one of the bombs if you're lazy and you'll live through it anyway so whatever. Problem is people don't know in advance what happens, then they get surprised by something and die to it due to poor reflexes. Part of why people can't do twintania, dives are entirely reflex based. It's not even hard either, there's a fairly decent delay between the marker and the dive. You can carry people on twintania but you need a decent amount of people to begin with.

Anyway it's fairly typical in this type of game. Duty Finder for these fights is a pain, it's mostly nice to see the fights for yourself and see the mechanics but after that you probably want to find a party on your server so people can work through their issues, but even then you'll pretty much need to find good players. Helps when people get guildmates to help so it's mostly experienced players with a few new players.

Crone

Let Ps4 run over night and patched everything up. I guess there is going to be downtime tonight? doh. Got on this morning, and rolled up a new Conjurer with intents on going white mage with it.

I think I missed playing an MMO, because I immediately felt the connection just walkign up and getting the first quest as you get off the ride in Grandia. Can't wait to keep playing, and get used to playing with a controller.

Do we still have the rerolled guild on Gilgamesh? Character names Crone Pi, or Natalia Tear.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The Gilgamesh guild is pretty much unused. If people want to revive it, lemme know and I'll make you officers or whatever.